As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragons Nest] New Nexon MMO Open Beta starts today!

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Liquid, what class are you? Dark Elves aren't too difficult as long as you know how to approach them. Being a little higher level helps, as well. The aerial recover and wakeup+attack moves that all classes get are very useful for dark elves.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Am Corpekata on the Argenta server if there's a guild running.

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    So Minotaur Nest is pretty much a DPS race vs Minotaurs, like a couple hundred of the annoying geese. On the plus side the Quest that introduces the Nest is Hilarious
    Dance Time!

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I need to grind for minotaur passes before I even get to try the nest. Sadness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Thinking of getting in on this for kicks. How does it play in terms of lag? (aka will a second delay or so make combat super hard?)

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular

Honestly, not really worth it, everything just has inflated ho values and it is literally a single room with mob waves. Boring to play and the rewards are nerfed or broken so that farming enough mats to make a single epic Item would take months.

• Options
    Who-Psyd wrote:

Honestly, not really worth it, everything just has inflated ho values and it is literally a single room with mob waves. Boring to play and the rewards are nerfed or broken so that farming enough mats to make a single epic Item would take months.

So I've heard. Thus have I instead updated Vindictus and have started a new Evie to make a scythe Evie. Huzzah. Level 10!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    Riale wrote:
    Liquid, what class are you? Dark Elves aren't too difficult as long as you know how to approach them. Being a little higher level helps, as well. The aerial recover and wakeup+attack moves that all classes get are very useful for dark elves.
    Warrior. I used my wake-up and dodge rolls more effectively during these last few runs and found myself performing much better. I would sometimes get knocked into a corner and juggled for a bit, being unable to ever really hit the ground, but that happened less and less as time went on. Now I make sure all of those stripper elves are to one side of me, then I use some pokes here and there to make sure they're grouped up together before I lay the smackdown.

In DFO, I've mastered the art of mobbing shit together in order to avoid having something further back hit me in the middle of a combo. That inevitably leads to the group of enemies up front ripping the ass of your pants off and taking a dump all over your butt cheeks in a really emasculating hazing ritual. Getting used to that(the mobbing, not the pooping) on a 3D battlefield took some time.

I'm a Sword Master now and, like a complete hesher idiot, I sold my best greatsword before reading the requirements of the SM skills. Go Team Indica.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote:

So I've heard. Thus have I instead updated Vindictus and have started a new Evie to make a scythe Evie. Huzzah. Level 10!

Kinda off-topic, but did they ever fixed the terrible lag between dungeon hosts and the rest of the party? I'd give the game another shot if they did.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    lizbotlizbot Registered User regular
    The SEA version is in open beta now: http://dn.cherrycredits.com/
    ~ for those outside NA/Oceania

fwp.png
  • Options
    FragarachFragarach Never misses. Registered User regular
    Anyone else not really enjoy the 'spent the day on the floor' style PvP? Seemed like I was the only Elementalist against unending hordes of melee with various swords, maces, and axes. Mostly swords.

• Options
    Yeah, it's no coincidence that the dragon nest PvP tournament in korea was 90% warrior classes. PvP balance doesn't seem to be a high priority.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    Acrobat works out fairly well in PvP, so I'm not too ruffled. It doesn't really seem worth doing for me though, aside from wanting to stroke off my ego.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FragarachFragarach Never misses. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Riale wrote:
    Yeah, it's no coincidence that the dragon nest PvP tournament in korea was 90% warrior classes. PvP balance doesn't seem to be a high priority.

I'm hardly a pro player of anything, and I usually achieve some degree of success in the PvP venues of different games, but DN just didn't seem to have 'it' for me. 'It' being that PvP magic that sucks me in like DaoC or WoW or even the first month of WAR. In DN I get juggled in the air or on the floor until death the second my air recovery is down. It has that same sort of feeling vanilla WoW PvP did back before the fear nerf, when you would die to like 2 people beating on you while you lost control of your character until death. It's not very engaging to me. Dunno, guess we'll see what comes down the pipeline but right now I think a break is in order until there are some more things to do in the game.

As an aside- is it true what I hear that the Minotaur Nest was vastly overtuned in terms of health and difficulty and nerfed in terms of drops compared to the overseas versions? The videos I watch of the Korean version seem to actually get drops.

Fragarach on
  • Options
    it wouldn't surprise me if they retuned it in order to try and get people to play longer with less content. nexon has been known to do stuff like that in the past. right now I'm just waiting for them to raise the level cap to 32 and add saint's haven, at which point I will gladly come back.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    Pretty much, yes. Waiting on new content. I really do enjoy the game and I've considered leveling some other character on the side, but Acrobat is pretty addicting and Im not sure I'd care for anything else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    gonna start playing this

what server are you all on or whatever
    or does it even matter

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    oh my god dragon nest is so fucking fun
    server is down for maintenance for an hour and all i want to do is playyyyy

why is enhancing so easy at low levels for real. i can like, triple my total health pool by +7'ing all my armor. for like, a silver.

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    It's def my favourite enhancement system in an mmorpg, it starts getting more expensive once you start upgrading blues/epics past lvl 15 (which isn't a bad thing imo) but at early levels, the easy upgrades + lots of equip drops make it worthwhile to try.

Often in games, it's just so expensive and risky to upgrade, even at low levels, that upgrading becomes something of a painful, reluctant gamble.

fwp.png
  • Options
    yeah even at 15+ crude onyxes arent that expensive

just that they're all in stacks of 20 and you can't buy one by one

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    popfishpopfish Registered User regular
    Cherry Credits have some issues with the servers, it's the 4th time down for "maintenance" past 2 days I reckon.

It's fun though, like a 3D beat em up rpg. My interest in games like TERA has gone up a notch.

• Options
    Got an epic necklace from a normal mode sleeping temple or w/e

not sure what to price it at but I am gonna have dolla billlllllz

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Is there any real difference between the CC and Nexon version right now?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't know Cherry Credits, but Nexon is a pretty established american distributor, so if I was going to buy cash points I would feel more comfortable with them, as they're a known company.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Hah. Right. Nexon is a horrible company.

As a warning to everyone with a Nexon account (especially if you've ever used the account to play DFO), make sure you constantly check your NX purchases on the website. There was recently a database link on Nexon's side and a large number of DFO accounts were hacked. Including mine. About 50 avatar pieces, and $20 in NX gone. Nexon knows about the issue, but they still haven't done anything about it. Only sending form e-mails so far saying, "we have a lot of tickets."

Mabinogi has been exploited bunches too, but at least accounts themselves haven't been ransacked. Yet.

Anyways, it's pretty much entirely accounts that have played DFO at some point, but I don't doubt this issue will bleed into other games soon enough.

Dragon's Nest is new and somewhat popular at the moment, so Nexon is actually paying attention to it, for now. But give it a year.

Anyways, TL;DR -- Change your passwords.

sig.gif
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    You are the best company nexon. Just the best.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    yeah nexon kinda blows, glad my dfo account hasn't been hacked
    however. even if it was, i could only lose like 10m in cash, since i invest most of my money and lock everything

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    well, I know their customer support sucks, but I've never had any of my nexon accounts broken into, and I've had no problems on the few occasions I've bought NX cash. I'm more concerned about getting ripped off at the source by the company rather than hacked as I usually don't keep any cash shop money in my accounts. I just buy it and immediately spend it.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    i hit level 24 and have my skeleton set

done 4 mino runs and have gotten Nothinggggggggggggggggggggggg
    i really hate that they show you all the epics you are missing by taking the wrong chest

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    lizbot wrote:
    The SEA version is in open beta now: http://dn.cherrycredits.com/
    ~ for those outside NA/Oceania
    Thanks, downloading now.

Does SEA stand for South-East Asia? I guess it'll be a lagfest but oh well lets see what the hubbub is about.

• Options
    actually i heard the SEA version was more stable than NA
    but there might be less people and content

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yer ~ it was originally supposed to be Global but they changed it to SEA...I honestly have no idea why.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBM6aG0Wz0
    I don't even...just...why?
    At least the dual log-in and gold spammer issues are being looked into.
    I guess.

lizbot on
    fwp.png
  • Options
    I really do enjoy this game, I just wish the people running it weren't so dumb.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So hey the SEA version actually works well here in the EU, although I'm a bit worried about wonky hitboxes. Maybe it's an issue with the morning star weapons, but sometimes it seems like hits take half a second to register. Nothing game-breaking so far, but I can imagine this fucking me up later on.

One thing I do really hate is how shitty this game controls with my Xbox360 controller. The game's really made with KBM set-up in mind, but it still supports controllers, even though it's bloody impossible to turn around with them.

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    I'm having a blast on this. It's actually a good and polished F2P with a ton of charm and humor. I'm Trevane, priesting on NA Elena if anyone wants to go bash some stuff with some support hit me up.

• Options
    Controller works fine as long as you get used to clicking in the stick to do a 180. Trying to turn around completely manually is terrible. also the archer kinda sucks with a controller. Acrobat works fine, so does swordsman and sorc from what I've played

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Otaking wrote:
    I'm having a blast on this. It's actually a good and polished F2P with a ton of charm and humor. I'm Trevane, priesting on NA Elena if anyone wants to go bash some stuff with some support hit me up.

I'm on Elena too, I can run abyss with you or something
    24 swordsman Deshoudesu. I'll add you

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    So, unexpected shout-out from Tycho: http://penny-arcade.com/2011/08/30/dragon-nest-contest-which-rhymes

Thanks Chocobolicious, I didn't know. Now I'll just have to figure out how to quickly use my skills.

• Options
    Aldo wrote:
    So, unexpected shout-out from Tycho: http://penny-arcade.com/2011/08/30/dragon-nest-contest-which-rhymes

Thanks Chocobolicious, I didn't know. Now I'll just have to figure out how to quickly use my skills.

Aren't the skills bound to like.. left/right bumper+face buttons for the first 8 or whatever? I can't recall exactly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Aldo wrote:

Aren't the skills bound to like.. left/right bumper+face buttons for the first 8 or whatever? I can't recall exactly.
    yes they are, works quite well actually. I'm still not satisfied about the controls, I wish Left Stick would just move my whole character around instead of having to fuck around with two thumbs on sticks just to make a 90° turn while also having to quickly do an attack. If my shoulders weren't hurting I'd be back to KBM straight away.

At any rate, the game sure has a lot of charm, but I haven't found any need to group up. I can easily solo everything thrown at me and I think other players would just get in the way of my combo-ticker. :?