As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Paypal refund help

Mr. White XDMr. White XD Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I need some help from people who know about paypal.

I ordered something online, and the site has been dicking me around for the last 3 days, so I canceled.

Now, how do I know that i've been refunded my money? I dont have access to an online bank account, does paypal send you an email telling you that i've recieved a refund?

Mr+white+Xd.gif
Mr. White XD on

• Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    check to see your paypal account first to see that you cancelled the payment.

how did you fund the payment? paypal funds? bank account? credit card?

the latter 2 you can call your bank and see if its being processed, or wait a few days and check your statements however you normally do to see its come back

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    Mr. White XDMr. White XD Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I did it with a credit card.

I was thinking of checking my statements, but I thought paypal gets weird if you dont file a claim immediately.

Mr. White XD on
    Mr+white+Xd.gif
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Call your credit card company, number on the back of the card, and get them to check your recent purchases for you.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Your paypal account will reflect the refund. Also, when you do get this refund, move the funds away from your pp account. If the seller files some sort of complaint (they shipped goods, etc) paypal will take that money and place a hold on it... or might give it to them regardless.

You might also need to be prepared to loose that pp account. And to call the CC company to do a chargeback on the paypal balance within 30 days if you don't see that refund.

Such is the ways of paypal.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.