As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come swim with casual eddy SEE OP FOR LOST BOARD GAMES

Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
edited September 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Guys and Gals, LiteJedi brought two board games with him and hasn't seen them since. He thinks he may have left them at my place, so I'm gonna take a look around but I'm not sure if they're here. Does anyone recall seeming them, or possible picked them up/packed them away on accident? Please check your things.

So here's the deal. I'm with my folks right now, and they're out of town in August, so I'm hosting a raging kegger (there will not be a keg) in their absence. They have a pretty nice place, and I think it would be rad to have a pool party with my bros and brosephinas. We'll sip cocktails by and in the pool, grill meat and other food substances, and party long and hard into the night. I'm thinking it will be august 19th (although this could be subject to change, if necessary) which is a friday, and it will be rad. I live in a town called Croton on Hudson, which is, unsurprisingly, on the hudson river and about an hour north of NYC.

You can get to my place by car or train. IF you're in the city, or can get to the city, metro north from grand central terminal or harlem 125th street will take you to my train station, which is croton harmon (it's not actually called croton on hudson even though it's in the town). An express train will take around 45 minutes, non express will run 50 minutes to an hour. A round trip ticket will run around 20 bucks, which I realize is kind of steep. But, we will have some booze and a rad pool to float around in, so keep that in mind. There's also a peak hour fee of a few dollars if you leave GCT before 8 PM on a weekday. I will come and pick you up from the station, which is about 5 minutes from the house.

some things:

- I can sleep 4 people, comfortably, if you need to pass out. I can sleep as many people as needed if you don't mind taking floorspace, although you may need to bring a sleeping bag or something as we have hardwood floors.
- we have two doggies, a great dane and a bichon. they're super friendly and adorable.
- the last train back to new york city is at around 1 AM
- Don't be an idiot. while you're on our property, I'm responsible for your well being and safety. I of course will be drinking a fair amount, but if anyone drowns because they got blackout or drives home drunk it will seriously harsh my mellow.
- the pool is seriously the best. we have a solar cover so it's nice and warm, and the backyard is super nice for hanging out.
- we have leftover booze from a party, so some will be available. don't let that stop you from bringing your own, and/or stuff you wanna grill. I'll get some hamburgers or veggie stuff if you assholes are vegetarians.
- Bring your loved ones if you so desire. or someone cool that you know wants to go swimming.

so express some interest! The date is flexible at the moment, I just hope you people can make it.

is this eligible for being stickied?

Casual Eddy on

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Color me in for a maybe. I really want to attend but I'm unsure about my traveling plans at the moment.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    COME AND SWIM IN THIS POOL ASSHOLES

4771399209_5d2be3df59_z.jpg

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I will be drafting a waiver for everyone to sign

it says "I AGREE TO WAIVE ALL MY RIGHTS AND HAVE A FUCKING GOOD TIME WOO"

• Options
    LOOK AT HOW FUCKING SERENE AND PRIVATE IT IS

GET OUT OF THE CITY RAWWGGHHH

4771392969_7be942a3c4_z.jpg

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    There are palm trees in westchester?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Very much interested. Will know by next week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    still bummed that we did not swim

but i had a giant burrito instead

it is kind of the same thing?

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'll be there

I'd like to be the first person to request staying and as such possibly reserve comfort myself

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I really want to come but I don't have a car and traveling by public transport would take like 4-5 hours and almost $50 D:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote:
    I really want to come but I don't have a car and traveling by public transport would take like 4-5 hours and almost $50 D:

try to bum a ride princecess give-up-real-quick

• Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    This is awesome. You are awesome. I haven't lived in or near Westchester in years though. God I miss that part of the country.

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Count me in! It's always nice to escape the city every now and again.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    you throw this just after i move to fucking seattle. What the fuck eddy.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote:

Fine Mr. Judgey judge

@Variable may I bum a ride

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote:
    Hakkekage wrote:

Fine Mr. Judgey judge

@Variable may I bum a ride

no

perhaps you should ride a bum

:o

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Oooooh. I'm in the city and that pool looks nice. I may have to attend this.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I live in Jersey City and going up the Palisades and over the Tappan Zee puts it at about an hour for me, which is definitely doable (although I wouldn't get there until a bit later in the evening since it's on a Friday).

I'll have to check to make sure I'm not double-booked that weekend -- I'm busy the two weekends prior and MAY be going to Baltimore that weekend. If I do end up making it, I can pick up 2-3 people on the Jersey side who also a) would be OK arriving later and b) would be OK coming back on Saturday.

edit: checked with my +1, she's cool swapping plans to do NYC instead of Baltimore that weekend. Put down one bro and one brosephina as a "tentative leaning towards yes." I'm a carnivore, my +1 is a vegetable.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    If i come, will there be delicious meats and can i play with your doggies?

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Wow. I mean, I'm not going to attend, obviously, but damn, that's a nice pool you have there!

• Options
    I'll be up thursday to pee in the pool

• Options
    Yaaay vari says I can take up space in his vehicle

And eggy you are in jc? How come you never sought the cool kids out (it is us, we are the cool kids)

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    We should have a murder mystery dinner.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    brilliant

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    What time are you planning on starting/finishing this? Us working stiffs can't do daytime stuff during the week.

• Options
    I'm in, BTW.

• Options
    hmm so would friday be doable for people? saturday might work out better since people would probably be able to come up earlier, but I think vari has to work and I'm not sure if he can get the time off and probably some people will probs depend on him for rides.

although I guess we could just do a rolling party on friday and people could show up when they could

and I'm not working on friday so a couple of you could come early I think

hakks if vari stays do you have a way to go home if you end up not wanting to stay?

• Options
    What time are you planning on starting/finishing this? Us working stiffs can't do daytime stuff during the week.

I figured, I was thinking the evening. some people might get there earlier, snack and hang out and we start the serious bidness around 8 or 9?

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

I figured, I was thinking the evening. some people might get there earlier, snack and hang out and we start the serious bidness around 8 or 9?

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

• Options
    hmm so would friday be doable for people? saturday might work out better since people would probably be able to come up earlier, but I think vari has to work and I'm not sure if he can get the time off and probably some people will probs depend on him for rides.

although I guess we could just do a rolling party on friday and people could show up when they could

hakks if vari stays do you have a way to go home if you end up not wanting to stay?

Isn't the train to Westchester and back again not really that bad? That's how I plan on getting there and back. I mean unless Variable can stuff me in his car too. But it's not a big deal if he can't.

• Options
    Varega wrote:
    you throw this just after i move to fucking seattle. What the fuck eddy.

sorry man : (

I didn't even know you were in the city!

• Options
    I can do some car stuffing as well. If you know what I mean.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I can do some car stuffing as well. If you know what I mean.

You can shove some people in your caboose?

Yami, can I borrow Battle Royale?

Drez on
  • Options
    Drez wrote:

Isn't the train to Westchester and back again not really that bad? That's how I plan on getting there and back. I mean unless Variable can stuff me in his car too. But it's not a big deal if he can't.

it's not bad at all, 45-60 minutes

hakks has a much longer journey if she takes metro north though since she's headed to jersey

• Options
    Drez wrote:

hakks has a much longer journey if she takes metro north though since she's headed to jersey

OIC.

So for me, since I have to get to NYC to get to Jersey City anyway (assuming I were even able to get a ride), it would probably be just about the same amount of time if I just took the train to Westchester, wouldn't it? I mean it doesn't take me 45 minutes to get to JC, but it could take like 20-30 depending on how long I have to wait for the PATH, I guess.

How much is the train from NYC to Westchester?

• Options
    edited July 2011
    In case it wasn't obvious, the time clarification means Mr & Mrs NoSenshi are most likely in.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    I'm off friday too so when I get there depends on who I'm driving.

you should just party from friday til sunday... moreso don't eliminate people or fuck with the party just so I can get there. that makes me feel bad.

• Options
    Drez wrote:
    Drez wrote:

OIC.

So for me, since I have to get to NYC to get to Jersey City anyway (assuming I were even able to get a ride), it would probably be just about the same amount of time if I just took the train to Westchester, wouldn't it? I mean it doesn't take me 45 minutes to get to JC, but it could take like 20-30 depending on how long I have to wait for the PATH, I guess.

How much is the train from NYC to Westchester?

18 dollars round trip, 9 dollars one way (more if you do a peak hour, which is departing grand central before 8 PM on a weekday)

if you catch a ride with someone, it's likely you'll have to pitch in for a toll or two (tappan zee is 5 dollars into westchester but free the other way) and maybe gas money but it will cheaper to carpool. I have a monthly ticket so my commute is much cheaper.

• Options
    Variable wrote:
    I'm off friday too so when I get there depends on who I'm driving.

you should just party from friday til sunday... moreso don't eliminate people or fuck with the party just so I can get there. that makes me feel bad.

this is a really good idea. but you can't get work off sat? not a big deal, friday will be good for a starting point either way.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Honestly if this isn't a murder mystery dinner I am going to make sure I can come just so I can STORM OUT

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I'll see what I can do. I work very little (just weekends) so missing some cuts into my moneys

but then having fun is pretty great...

taking off saturday would mean I could stay at least til that night, if I got coverage all weekend then all bets are off.

I'll look into it. but I'll definitely be there friday->saturday.