As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Thundercats 2011] Where saying the word HO! will never be Inappropriate.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Good luck!

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    I LOVE that they actually use their weapons offensively. In so many cartoons swords are just shields. Sometimes, fighting is the best and only answer, and other times: play your flute!

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    It's a good thing Cheetara had an extra staff after hers got broken last episode.

• Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote:
    Novid, the impression you give me is CN has forgotten what the first letter stands for.

I hope to be proven wrong.

They started to beat Nick In the Ratings and would destroy them overall if they only promote the show as much as they do AT. Nick even has to complain to Nielson saying lolz we dont lose. But they been losing for MONTHS now. Disney only wins because Disney semi gives a damn and were trying, trying to get CN to see that.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote:
    It's a good thing Cheetara had an extra staff after hers got broken last episode.

You mean the one that she was given by viragon or whatever he was called?

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Adda wrote:
    Opty wrote:

Yeah, carved from the oldest tree in the forest. And apparently it can command tree roots?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote:
    Adda wrote:
    Opty wrote:

Yeah, carved from the oldest tree in the forest. And apparently it can command tree roots?

Didn't they say that they were magic trees? Presumably the oldest would be the most magical.

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Man, Tygra is a dick.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote:
    Adda wrote:
    Opty wrote:

I think I must have missed the last few minutes then, assuming that happened at the end of the episode.

• Options
    The end of the one were it broke, yeah.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Holy shit what an epic episode!
    Poor Panthro, that's gotta hurt.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote:
    Holy shit what an epic episode!
    Poor Panthro, that's gotta hurt.

It was indeed quite the episode!
    The twist with Cheetara was quite the surprise. I'm really glad Tygra's kindness resonated with Cheetara as it seemed like prior to this episode, Lion-O had everything.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Does anyone if there's been any word on if this is going for a second season? And when that would start?

• Options
    Lorek wrote:
    Does anyone if there's been any word on if this is going for a second season? And when that would start?

Well we're only half way through the first season (new episodes will most likely continue in January or February) but it's probably safe to assume sometime late next year.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    It's too bad they're so horrible with having the show air, if it's like Avatar and Young Justice the long wait times are murder and it's even more crazy considering the ratings for those shows, especially Avatar were so fantastic.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Novid wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    Sharp10r wrote:
    I just realized this week that they are not advertising the Thundercats toys during commercials. That was standard practice in the 80s.

that's illegal now. WB got fined when pokemon branded eggo waffle commercials aired during episodes of pokemon.

Actually the Station Got Fined by the FCC not Warner Brothers and it was a contest. This happend in 1999.

They can't even show a contest for their own show during said show?

This rabbit hole goes deep... and stupid. I'd be pissed to find out there was a contest I wanted to enter and didn't know about because it couldn't be aired during the show relevant to the contest and my interest. In fact, it sounds even worse than airing synonymous ads during a show, as you're essentially making kids watch other shows, too.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Novid wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    Sharp10r wrote:
    I just realized this week that they are not advertising the Thundercats toys during commercials. That was standard practice in the 80s.

that's illegal now. WB got fined when pokemon branded eggo waffle commercials aired during episodes of pokemon.

Actually the Station Got Fined by the FCC not Warner Brothers and it was a contest. This happend in 1999.

They can't even show a contest for their own show during said show?

This rabbit hole goes deep... and stupid. I'd be pissed to find out there was a contest I wanted to enter and didn't know about because it couldn't be aired during the show relevant to the contest and my interest. In fact, it sounds even worse than airing synonymous ads during a show, as you're essentially making kids watch other shows, too.

You really want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes? The only reason Crunchroll exists is the same reason why E/I edict exists. One Person, One Family and a whole lot of money between them.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Finally got around to watching the last two episodes.

I love this show.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
  • Options
    don't even need to click the link; the title already has me laughing

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Same here. Just one big "HAH!!!" out loud.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    So my DVR recorded a 2 minute short with Snarf. Cute. What was the last episode? The brothers in the astral plane? Just trying to make sure I didn't miss one.

• Options
    I believe the final episode before this large hiatus was the brothers in the astral plane, yes.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    That was a great episode, though I really hate how they hand-waved the fact that
    Tygra intentionally caused Lion-O to fall when they were kids.

I would have seriously told him to go fuck off after that fact, even if he did end up going back for him.

But if there's anyone worth getting mad at, it's
    Cheetara.

All those episodes of her brushing up against Lion-O and his throbbing sword (of Omens), giving him constant winks and goo-goo eyes, and it turns out this whole time she was just a massive cocktease.

If the sword of Omens worked backwards, that would probably describe how poor Lion-O feels right now. Bitch. :(

And I'm just wondering what the heck they're going to do about
    Panthro. Are they going to pull a Jax and give him cyborg arms? How long is he going to be stuck without being able to scrach his nose?

While part of me thinks a half-cyborg Thundercat sounds epic, I was already a big fan of Panthro's revamped look. The big scarred muscles were a nice touch.

• Options
    BebopSamuraiBebopSamurai Registered User regular
    re: tygra
    He DID intentionally make him fall, but considering they were kids and kids are dumbasses, it was probably done out of rash action and he didn't actually think about the consequences until after the fact. People (or cats?) do stupid shit in the heat of the moment. That he DID go to get help shows that he understood and accepted responsibility for what he'd done (even going so far as to say so to the king)

and re: cheetara
    As amusing as I find the idea of her just trolling them both the whole time, looking back her behavior towards Lion-O never really seemed ROMANTIC, honestly. Mostly she was offering support and encouragement when he was uncertain, and he interpreted that as overt affection, even though most of her interactions with Tygra hinted at a longer, more established relationship of some kind. Frankly, it's hard to sympathize with Lion-O when not ONE episode before, he was boasting about how 'she picked him' while she was TWO FEET AWAY (really man? Really?) like it was one of their little contests. (Honestly, the whole 'triangle' felt very poorly handled to me, focusing almost ENTIRELY on it as more of a Lion-O/Tygra rivalry thing while Cheetara's feelings were barely considered AT ALL, though unfortunately giving their one adult female character jack-shit to do is pretty consistent with the show as a whole :/ ). To me, her choice made the most sense and considering the fallout of something like this is almost NEVER portrayed in cartoons (i.e. person you like doesn't like you back, so you have to do the adult thing and respect her decision while accepting it and moving on), I'm interested to see where they go with it.

Gamertag: DrinksYurMlkshk
    PSN ID: suzukaGongen
  • Options
    Good NEWS EVERYONE!

Were coming back...

But not on fridays.

Lets Try Saturday at 9:30... just before the New DC Nation. On March 24th.

• Options
    Better than nothing! Are these new episodes?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Yes. Saturday morning cartoons are back.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Sure. I'm still in. I wondered what had happened here, just figured it was killed off quietly.

Very happy to see I am wrong.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Better than nothing! Are these new episodes?

yes they are we are starting with episode 13.

• Options
    AlloycoppertopAlloycoppertop Registered User new member
    I have to admit tho I didnt think i would like the show, it has grown on me, and now i have to catch up on old episodes!

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Awesome! I thought it got quietly cancelled.

But then, they're probably gonna barely advertise it at all and it'll be cancelled then after poor(er) ratings.

Feels like Symbiotic Titan all over again.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Well, they've got about 20 days to start advertising.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    It was getting good ratings too so I'd hope they'd treat it better -_-

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So this means Cartoon Network on Firday is back to sucking?

It sucks because I have to stay up anyways to go to my other job on Saturday but then I might be able to watch this season rather than just 5 to 10 minutes before I run off to work as was before

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So this means Cartoon Network is back to sucking?

Yes it does.

Excited for Thundercats! Had some good possibilities, hope it keeps a similar tone as first season.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    So before i continue talking about the series, i need to state this.

I do not and I have never worked with the crew at any time. Rumors going over the net saying i was working with the crew, when i was never there in the first place. The mistake i made was that i want to be a writer in the crew working on the series and people thought I was working in the actual studio at that time, which isnt true.

However, i do work in a promotional role with the series. Thats all i will say about it. My hope that the issues i had with CN management is water under the bridge now because here is what I can say.

CN moved the shows because of these three reasons. One the UFC moved their show to friday. Even though it airs at 9, they felt it had to be moved. Two DC nation, CN need a whole bunch of lead-ins for DC nation, so at least it can be stable. Three ratings issue - outside of Monday - Saturday Morning is the other ratings power piece. Korra airing (Possibly) on the same day pretty much proves CN's point - but its going up against DC nation and not Thundercats - yet. There at this point a possibility it will move again to 11 - but Pokemon and the Kids anime gets good ratings so lets have these shows similar in style together and keep our fingers crossed.

In a better world, i would have it on Monday and possibly get great ratings but CN dont want to touch the lineup and Mr Ward is a nice guy albeit weird. Im just a tiny bit peeved that anger were extended but CN was trying to play pokerface with the whole business and they didn't want to show their hands. Now the cards are on the table and its Nicks move.

Novid on
  • Options
    I know... IT LEAKED. Calm down.

This is a week old but - but it got the three sons of ***** back again. No Vulture to be found yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBy_cF9VUWI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKkcUnVMXE&feature=player_embedded

• Options
    Just bought the new episode on iTunes, "New Alliances," and it was fantastic!
    I knew the new generals were coming after seeing toys for them in WalMart, but I like their darker feel.
    Not sure how I feel about the new tank...I miss the sleek classic design of the mark 1.