As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Thundercats 2011] Where saying the word HO! will never be Inappropriate.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote:
    Arthil wrote:
    Fish Pirates.

That is all.

and the Captain's name?
    Koi-nelius Tunar

That was the highlight for me. It's such an 80's name, it's wonderful.

Also, it only took three episodes for Cheetara to get tentacle'd. Woo.

I'm curious how most of the other species react to the Thundercats; either they've heard of their reputation as racist dicks and will shun them for it, or the Cats were so far removed from society that most other races shrug over the apparent prince and his crew.

Maybe it'll be a mix of both. I bet that dog from the first episode has a whole clan that won't take lightly to the Cats.

Reminds me of the awful comics; in theory, Thunderdogs are a neat concept, but once you get a look at the uninspired designs (Dober-Man? Really???) you'll wish you never read this fanfic travesty.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Handy links since Thundercats doesn't have a series selection yet and you need to get it from the New Episodes section:
    First Episode
    Second Episode

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    First and second episodes aired at the same time, right? It made up the one hour special?

How many episodes are there now?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Opty wrote:
    Handy links since Thundercats doesn't have a series selection yet and you need to get it from the New Episodes section:
    First Episode
    Second Episode

Requires cable provider information? Boo. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Opty wrote:
    First Episode
    Second Episode

Requires cable provider information? Boo. :(

What if you don't have cable? I tried it, but I just go a Cartoon Network Loading screen. I get my internet though work. It's a piggy-backed DSL link I get for free.
    ==EDIT==
    Oh, never mind it doesn't let you in, that's what.

halkun on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Or if the fuckers don't apparently have MY cable provider listed.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote:
    Brainleech wrote:
    I am rather annoyed they do not do reruns of the show as I have to go to work as it starts

You shuold be able to watch on CN's online viewer, provided you log-in with your TV provider info

Like what do I need as I pay the bill but I really have no idea past that

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Brainleech wrote:
    Lanz wrote:
    Brainleech wrote:
    I am rather annoyed they do not do reruns of the show as I have to go to work as it starts

You shuold be able to watch on CN's online viewer, provided you log-in with your TV provider info

Like what do I need as I pay the bill but I really have no idea past that

The accounts (cable provider) username and password.

Esh on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I saw the 44 minute episode and a bit of the next. The only thing that comes to mind is that I'm wondering how they made WIlykat more adorable than Wilykit. But that's how it is.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So I just watched episode 3 (or is it 2?) and I gotta say that the opening is kind of disappointing if that's really it. WAY too short.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    a short opening leaves room for more content (or commercials, heh)

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    It really is pretty weird how the Cats apparently never heard of the Fishpeople in the sand sea!
    But who knows, maybe all the other races got their technology through Mumm-Ra or something?

I kind of get the impression that the cats are a very insular society, hence the rampant xenophobia, fear/distrust of technology from the outside world, etc. Which would explain how they know very little about anything more than a day's march from their city, which is just a huge walled enclave. Making them more of an isolated city-state than a real kingdom. Meanwhile all the other races are out there digging stuff up and trading with each other and building tanks and lasers and mechs with guided missiles.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I went and tried it o well it kind of sucks having the cable provider be out of state and the only one on this side of town

I pay my bill with a check in the mail since they set up a account but forgot to tell me about it and the info for it

• Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    Here is three videos: EW has the big reveal. Thundercats Now has the secondary previews...http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/08/thundercats-panthro-exclusive/ http://www.thundercatsnow.com/2011/08/song-petalars-sneak-peek-video-images/

And for your ITUNES fans. ITS HERE... SEASON PASS!

• Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    So apparently
    Those things age super fast and that little one in the first preview is the warrior in the second preview. "What Lion-O has been preparing me for my whole life." heh.

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Okay, Emeric ages like a weeping angel.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Really good episode this week.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Oh fuck that ending :D

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Well they're definately not dumbing down the series. Last week we get an abridged Moby Dick and this week an examination of the concepts of hope and legacy. And on top of that, an excelent ending. I am impressed.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote:
    Oh fuck that ending :D

You meant to write D:, right?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Yes, it's a deus ex machina ending. It's still fucking awesome.
    And it quite elegantly solves the issue of them meeting up with Panthro.

And yes, the writers are showing that you can still inject epic into legendary.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    good episode

quite sad, actually
    The plant-creatures probably all died before they reached their homeland (if there even was such a thing). Also, I thought Lion-O was kind of a dick for bringing the kittens along to the final charge into certain doom.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    This show is a lot better then I ever thought it would be. I got jazzed up at the end.
    good episode

quite sad, actually
    The plant-creatures probably all died before they reached their homeland (if there even was such a thing).
    And now you just made me sad with that.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Show is way too liono centric. People keep bringing up avatar comparisons, but I feel like avatar had much a much stronger group dynamic even right in the beginning. Here, cheetara and Tygra just kind of chill in the background while liono learns some important life lesson each week.

More importantly, why give cheetara such a fanservicey design if she barely has any screen time? It is a crime against humanity.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    it's....it's only been 4 episodes. I'm sure they will spend more time on other characters once they establish the central character.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT this series is good!

This entire episode was awesome and I can't believe the mature and great way the writers approach all kinds of ideas/morals/philosophies.
    I mean,seriously, this episode was great and the ending? That thing was like a fucking Batmobile!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Okay yeah this series is great. Can't wait to see how it goes from here.

Also, didn't the first few episodes in Avatar focus on Aang anyway? Ya gotta develop your lead before you can focus on the supporting cast.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    Im glad yall all in. The Execs are in too. Im not too sure about some of the Hardcore Otaku or the American Anime Intellgencia (since its one of the studios they respect) but the middle class fanbase are in - those that are in the moe camp are mostly hating on the show because of its closeness to North American studios.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Man, this episode...

Man.

It was like the Cats all stumbled into a Miyazaki movie. The designs were great enough, but well....I never expected such a deep episode like this.

The climax? That is Fry's Dog stuff right there. :(

And the ending....
    "Oh snap is that the Thundertank!?", exclaimed me.

"Hell yeah it is!" from me, a few seconds later.

Easily the best revival of an 80's series ever.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    Show is way too liono centric. People keep bringing up avatar comparisons, but I feel like avatar had much a much stronger group dynamic even right in the beginning. Here, cheetara and Tygra just kind of chill in the background while liono learns some important life lesson each week.

More importantly, why give cheetara such a fanservicey design if she barely has any screen time? It is a crime against humanity.

Yeah, and what happened to the whole rivalry thing between Lion-o and Tygra? Did Tygra just submit to Lion-o after the pilot or something?

• Options
    DistramDistram __BANNED USERS regular
    Oh man... Chetara...

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Distram wrote:
    Oh man... Chetara...

truer words have never been spoken

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Distram wrote:
    Oh man... Chetara...
    hoooooo.jpg

Do it, Lion-O.

You're one cat that's in desperate need of some milk.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Distram wrote:
    Oh man... Chetara...
    hoooooo.jpg

Do it, Lion-O.

You're one cat that's in desperate need of some milk.

And a new generation of furries are born.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    If they all looked like that, then being furry would be totally okay.

Not that....I'm insinuating any sort of interest for....Cheetara.....ahem.

• Options
    Pff, the new cats even had clothes on in the pilot. Ah, nothing like the 80s.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    If you didn't have naughty thoughts about Cheetara, I don't know what you are,but you are not human.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    eh, I'd argue that the thundercats just manage to toe the human/animal features borderline enough that they're decidedly not furry. Cheetara isn't that far a step from say, Felicia from Darkstalkers. Compare this to something on the other end of the spectrum like the khajit from the Elder Scrolls games who literally have cheetah heads on a human shaped body, or any character from star fox or sonic.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    eh, I'd argue that the thundercats just manage to toe the human/animal features borderline enough that they're decidedly not furry. Cheetara isn't that far a step from say, Felicia from Darkstalkers. Compare this to something like the khajit from the Elder Scrolls games who literally have cheetah heads on a human shaped body, or any character from star fox or sonic.

Yeah, Cheetara's not nearly as hot as Slippy Toad...

Uh....er...

Where's that PA comic with him in it?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    If they all looked like that, then being furry would be totally okay.

Not that....I'm insinuating any sort of interest for....Cheetara.....ahem.

Thought we had covered this already.
    furrychart.jpg
    The Thundercats (with the possible exception of Wilykit/Kat who have tales) barely register on the Fur-ometer.
    Pointy ears? Odd facial/skin markings? Slit pupils? Might as well be Star Trek aliens. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Further, even if she was higher on the old fur-ometer, I'm pretty sure she would benefit for the "Ninja exemption".
    215163114_Ftcto-L-2.jpg

see317 on