Options

>>--D&D Thread --> Crab Detective! Inquire within! OP Update..ish

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    oldtoad.png

Dire Toad

Nah, just your run of a mill, giant toad. no big. go for the eyes.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    they even suggested in Legion of Gold that your gamma world characters could end up in a land of steel and magic because of shenanigans
    sooo

Oh man I would love to do a campaign like this, war ravaged world in the future, then BAM time portal, now you have gun in classic DnD, but they have magic.

personally I'd love to fuck with my players and do the opposite

"lessee, yeah, you're in the standard points of light setting, evil wizard is summoning monsters to destroy a town, blah blah blah"
    "wait, is that a teleporting lemur?"
    "oh shit what the fuck! land squid?"

"...is that a motherfucking robot?"

"okay, yeah, you just got sucked in a portal. time to reroll your characters >:3"

Or have a wizard that opened a portal for a short time, and some crazy shit came through, like a band of raiders, or some mad scientist or something.

Also, I have secretly always wanted to find a way to use a tarrasque

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    Yukira wrote:
    I would like play D&D where the story line isn't a blatant anime rip off.

I ran a D20 Modern campaign where it was a blatant rip off of The Dresden Files.

Everything I've heard suggests the Dresden Files are good. These story lines, were not.

I would be up for some kind of campaign. I have a character concept from a dead D&D campaign I would like to use.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    they even suggested in Legion of Gold that your gamma world characters could end up in a land of steel and magic because of shenanigans
    sooo

Oh man I would love to do a campaign like this, war ravaged world in the future, then BAM time portal, now you have gun in classic DnD, but they have magic.

personally I'd love to fuck with my players and do the opposite

"lessee, yeah, you're in the standard points of light setting, evil wizard is summoning monsters to destroy a town, blah blah blah"
    "wait, is that a teleporting lemur?"
    "oh shit what the fuck! land squid?"

"...is that a motherfucking robot?"

"okay, yeah, you just got sucked in a portal. time to reroll your characters >:3"

Or have a wizard that opened a portal for a short time, and some crazy shit came through, like a band of raiders, or some mad scientist or something.

Also, I have secretly always wanted to find a way to use a tarrasque

well, that was the leadup I was using

all three of those things I said are gamma world things

• Options
    137425%252520d12%252520load%252520screen%2525205.jpg

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    That looks magic the gathering to me

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm assuming that the group I've just starting with is unique in that it just roleplays combat? No map beyond a loose sketch if the room, no tokens/miniatures or anything? We still keep track of hp totals and relative positions and roll dice, but describing creative ways to kill shit gets you insane bonuses.

Also my first thought on seeing the thread title was that SE++ was declaring war on D&D.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I want to play one of the Warhammer 40k rpgs. I don't care which one. They are all fucking badass.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Dark Heresy is super rad, yes.

Have not played Deathwatch yet.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote:
    That looks magic the gathering to me

Yeah, you want to fight about it? It was item number three, me posting Magic art so i stop posting it other places. plus it's pretty.

• Options
    Blurbl wrote:
    I'm assuming that the group I've just starting with is unique in that it just roleplays combat? No map beyond a loose sketch if the room, no tokens/miniatures or anything? We still keep track of hp totals and relative positions and roll dice, but describing creative ways to kill shit gets you insane bonuses.

No, this is rather common, not so much with 4e, because they wanted to get back to more tactical combat, but most people played all the older editions like that, and you still can with 4th.

• Options
    Tommy if you run a gamma world game I literally have to be an Antimatter Blaster

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    feebs rolled a fourth edition necromancer using the new book
    it suucckkeeddd
    our whole party is balls though

im gonna roll a vampire next and see how bad i can max the stats so we like dont fucking die for once jesus fuck

• Options
    heroes of shadows the only things worth a damn in it are Nethermancers and blackgaurds. everything else is butts. actually, the assassin might be worth while too, but vampires are butts. don't be a vampire.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i'd like to get back into playing dnd someday

i think i've gotten progressively worse at dming over the years

• Options
    Yeah like that online game we were going to do, that went terribly. died before it started.

Also, Hexblades are my favourite thing to come out of the essentials lines. one handed d10 light blade is awesome.

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    heroes of shadows the only things worth a damn in it are Nethermancers and blackgaurds. everything else is butts. actually, the assassin might be worth while too, but vampires are butts. don't be a vampire.

but i wannnnnaaaaaaa
    i do like my warforged im currently playing though

tumblr_lm3qsuM2T11qb4mbzo1_500.png

tumblr_lm5pbyI1VI1qb4mbzo1_500.png

• Options
    Wait, warforged vampire? i am down with that. Also take the feat i forget what it does, but its like half vampire? so you're a warforged double vampire.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    i'd like to get back into playing dnd someday

i think i've gotten progressively worse at dming over the years

orik you should play gamme world

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    holy shit war machine

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'd say that instead of running a game in irc, consider running it in maptools. Especially a game like Gamma World (Or any 4E) that's just very dependant on shifting, positions, and range. Being able to move tokens around is blessing. Don't the GW expansions both come with maps? Digitize them, load them into Maptools, attach char sheets to player tokens, and you can run it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I love that in Eberron it is perfectly allowed to play your gnome like this guy:

raidersofthelostark.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Maybe I should do Deathwatch session at PAX.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I'm playing a Thri-Kreen shaman in my game with friends right now.

My spirit animal is a Land Shark. I feel I made the right decision there.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I still feel bad that I wheedled Kayne into DMing and then the group just promptly dissolved after he had put a shit ton of effort into it.

Did I ever tell you that, Kayne?

Just in case. I feel pretty dang shitty about that, Kayne. You're a good dude and a rad DM.

Is that how I do that shit? I dunno. Fucking technology. Well clearly it wasn't. How do I do that @ so and so shit?

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Melding wrote:
    Wait, warforged vampire? i am down with that. Also take the feat i forget what it does, but its like half vampire? so you're a warforged double vampire.

Vampiric Heritage.

Because double vampire, all the way.

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    is anyone interested in doing an online d&d se++ group?
    i loved the last time i did one with tommy, marsh and whoever else.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I wanted to play a Warforged monk, but the DM wouldn't let me because the disease immunity the monks get later on would have made me immune to rust monsters because we realized rust could be considered a disease for metal.

• Options
    I still feel bad that I wheedled Kayne into DMing and then the group just promptly dissolved after he had put a shit ton of effort into it.

Did I ever tell you that, Kayne?

Just in case. I feel pretty dang shitty about that, Kayne. You're a good dude and a rad DM.

Is that how I do that shit? I dunno. Fucking technology. Well clearly it wasn't. How do I do that @ so and so shit?

@Kayne Red Robe was a good dm, i too, am sad that fell apart.

• Options
    actually i was gonna make a new character to be a vampire

but uh
    damn.

how would
    that
    this doesnt even make sense

• Options
    Kochikens wrote:
    actually i was gonna make a new character to be a vampire

but uh
    damn.

how would
    that
    this doesnt even make sense

I made a warforged with that feat, he talked like a gold rush era prospector. This can be your story too, you just have to believe!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Ok that picture with the rat swarm kinda sold me on Gamma World. How many books are there?

@Yukira
    This gives me a chance to bring this up, I've been slogging through the confessions thread for like ever and saw you bemoaning the lack of a group to play with. I actually have a 4e Dark Sun game that has been put on hiatus due to one member's unpredictable schedule and another's college classes that I might be able to revive if you're interested. A couple of our players haven't played since like 2nd edition, and I'm a fairly noob DM so it's nothing super serious.

• Options
    but a warforged isnt even technically alive
    can a living construct become undead??

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Double vampire? What does it mean?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Lasbrook wrote:
    Ok that picture with the rat swarm kinda sold me on Gamma World. How many books are there?
    One, ta-hoo, three

only problem is that they're small paperbacks with weak glue binding
    I'm really tempted to just rip the covers off and bind all three books together in one hardcover set

• Options
    Dubh wrote:
    Double vampire? What does it mean?

So bright, so vivid. Double vampire. Double vampire.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kochikens wrote:

You can also be a Revenant who was a Warforged in their past life.

Edit: God damnit Anti

Huntera on
  • Options
    Kochikens wrote:
    revenant. warforged.

• Options
    Kochikens wrote:

They have souls in the rules, so i'm going with yes. They can also become reverants when slain.

• Options
    Huntera wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:

You can also be a Revenant who was a Warforged in their past life.

Edit: God damnit Anti

:3c

This discussion has been closed.