Options

>>--D&D Thread --> Crab Detective! Inquire within! OP Update..ish

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote:
    Dubh wrote:
    what if Thri-keen were in Eberron?

Nothing says they can't be!

Which clearly makes Eberron the best.

Exactly!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote:
    Lasbrook wrote:
    Ok that picture with the rat swarm kinda sold me on Gamma World. How many books are there?

@Yukira
    This gives me a chance to bring this up, I've been slogging through the confessions thread for like ever and saw you bemoaning the lack of a group to play with. I actually have a 4e Dark Sun game that has been put on hiatus due to one member's unpredictable schedule and another's college classes that I might be able to revive if you're interested. A couple of our players haven't played since like 2nd edition, and I'm a fairly noob DM so it's nothing super serious.

I wouldn't say bemoaning, more casually lamenting. Would this be an online thing?

Yeah lamenting is a better word, anyways no it'd be a RL thing. You were actually in Austin right, or did you travel for the meetup?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote:
    Dubh wrote:

Eberron was designed as a setting where everything fits and works. It might be a bit different and stuff, but it fits.

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    seriously is anyone planning on running a maptools game anytime soon?
    i would love love love to get in on it

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Huntera wrote:
    Dubh wrote:

Eberron was designed as a setting where everything fits and works. It might be a bit different and stuff, but it fits.

Just say you come form Monster Country, I mean there is a kingdom inhabited almost solely by monsters, ain't too outta place.

• Options
    Huntera wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Huntera wrote:
    Dubh wrote:

Just say you come form Monster Country, I mean there is a kingdom inhabited almost solely by monsters, ain't too outta place.

i liked that it was one of the first settings where half elves weren't always social rejects hated by both parent races forever.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    also, i think there are notes about warforged and rust monsters, too much wood to be killed just from rust monsters, or something, i guess you'd loose the effect of your armour feat. but if you are a monk you probably took the one that makes you not be wearing any armour.

While playing the World's Largest Dungeon (laminate those maps, it makes it so much easier to play) my warforged cleric was rocking the house until we got to the rust monster.

Of course, I was the DM, and was realizing that I was being the DM that was DMNPCing it up all over the place. So the rust monster's touch removed all the metal bits, leaving a screaming pile of muscily wood that the other players had to put out of its misery.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Huntera wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Huntera wrote:
    Dubh wrote:

i liked that it was one of the first settings where half elves weren't always social rejects hated by both parent races forever.

I always ignored this concept because it's silly.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dubh wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Huntera wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Huntera wrote:
    Dubh wrote:

I always ignored this concept because it's silly.

I get the idea behind it, too human to be elves, to elf to be human, but yeah.

• Options
    Baby I was born this way

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    also, i think there are notes about warforged and rust monsters, too much wood to be killed just from rust monsters, or something, i guess you'd loose the effect of your armour feat. but if you are a monk you probably took the one that makes you not be wearing any armour.

There are rules I think for it in the Eberron Campaign Setting. I think rust monsters do +2d6 damage to Warforged. It isn't that extreme, there are scarier things out there for any Warforged.

I mean if we want to get into the scariest thing to a Warforged I believe the Player's Guide to Eberron mentioned a Warforged being turned off (not awake) is the most terrifying concept to them.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i like

half-orcs

also: antimatter blaster/gravity controller
    overpowered gamma world combo, or most overpowered gamma world combo

• Options
    well let me , kusu, know if this is happening

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Melding wrote:

There are rules I think for it in the Eberron Campaign Setting. I think rust monsters do +2d6 damage to Warforged. It isn't that extreme, there are scarier things out there for any Warforged.

I mean if we want to get into the scariest thing to a Warforged I believe the Player's Guide to Eberron mentioned a Warforged being turned off (not awake) is the most terrifying concept to them.

This makes sense.

Also i realized that half elf is probably the race i play the most in DnD.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    dubh i'm still interested in the pathfinder game you where gonna run

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Reanimated Fungoid.

Everyone in your party is your best friend.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    i like

half-orcs

also: antimatter blaster/gravity controller
    overpowered gamma world combo, or most overpowered gamma world combo

SciFi.Fantasy.2004-Dnd-Archetypes-Half-Orc-Female.halforcfemale_small.jpg.rZd.55244.jpg

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    dubh i am interested in ANY GAME you might be running
    let me know
    i need this

• Options
    it might be awhile

working on a few personal things before I can properly run a game over the internets

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote:
    Yukira wrote:
    Lasbrook wrote:
    Ok that picture with the rat swarm kinda sold me on Gamma World. How many books are there?

@Yukira
    This gives me a chance to bring this up, I've been slogging through the confessions thread for like ever and saw you bemoaning the lack of a group to play with. I actually have a 4e Dark Sun game that has been put on hiatus due to one member's unpredictable schedule and another's college classes that I might be able to revive if you're interested. A couple of our players haven't played since like 2nd edition, and I'm a fairly noob DM so it's nothing super serious.

I wouldn't say bemoaning, more casually lamenting. Would this be an online thing?

Yeah lamenting is a better word, anyways no it'd be a RL thing. You were actually in Austin right, or did you travel for the meetup?

I drove up there. I'm actually in San Antonio.

• Options
    I was actually writing an adventure and one of the encounters was two paladins who where brothers, one was a half elf, one was a half orc. There mother had uh, interesting tastes.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    i like

half-orcs

SciFi.Fantasy.2004-Dnd-Archetypes-Half-Orc-Female.halforcfemale_small.jpg.rZd.55244.jpg
    hey baby
    can I enter your tomb of horrors

• Options
    strap-on immovable rods

I'm sorry

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Wiet wrote:
    I should get back into D&D sometime. I've just been too busy discovering the marvelous world of Battletech instead, but that's more of a wargame than a game this thread is for.

I want a Battletech PC game so bad.

Just a bunch of units. Bunch of terrain. Every part of the units is paintable. BAM. No campaign. No story. Just that. That's all I want.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I love Orcs in Eberron.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Dark Suns 2E 10 year main adventure storyline is still one of the most interesting things ever done in a RPG. Starting out with a single city getting rid of it's ruler, it cascaded in this whole epic journey to the lands of giants to find the cause of a global problem, the discovery that most of the world is actually Tri-Kreen country apart from the crazy cannibal Halfling forest, the cause of all these uberpowerful sorceror-kings in the first place, having to deal with all kinds of crazy stuff showing up because of changes to the status quo... it was crazy.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Wait, warforged vampire? i am down with that. Also take the feat i forget what it does, but its like half vampire? so you're a warforged double vampire.

Vampiric Heritage.

Because double vampire, all the way.

Revenant (Warforged) Vampire with Vampiric Heritage.

You're a zombie robot vampire vampire.

EDIT: Gah, FUCK. So harshly beaten to that.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Wiet wrote:
    I should get back into D&D sometime. I've just been too busy discovering the marvelous world of Battletech instead, but that's more of a wargame than a game this thread is for.

I want a Battletech PC game so bad.

Just a bunch of units. Bunch of terrain. Every part of the units is paintable. BAM. No campaign. No story. Just that. That's all I want.

Well, there's always Megamek. That's what I'm using right now.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    RPG thread yessssss

Who here loves some RPGs? I do

Solar on
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Wait, warforged vampire? i am down with that. Also take the feat i forget what it does, but its like half vampire? so you're a warforged double vampire.

Vampiric Heritage.

Because double vampire, all the way.

Revenant (Warforged) Vampire with Vampiric Heritage.

You're a zombie robot vampire vampire.

EDIT: Gah, FUCK. So harshly beaten to that.

the reverant makes it lamer somehow. either go with double warforged vampire or triple vampire or go home.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    What does a warforged vampire run on, blood or oil? bloil?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    54892830.jpg

711me.jpg

11658647.jpg

• Options
    SanderJK wrote:

Yes.

• Options
    It chases after gnomish clockworks and drinks their lubricants.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Recently got Monster Vault

My group is still on the second Essentials adventure, but I just had to have a monster book
    I crave monsters!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

Solar I have been working on a Mutants and Masterminds game that was pieced together from a comic pitch I've had lying around

The Chrononauts

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote:

Tree sap is also in there.

• Options
    excerpts0706.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

Solar I have been working on a Mutants and Masterminds game that was pieced together from a comic pitch I've had lying around

The Chrononauts

Awesome. Time travel cosmic adventuring F4 style stuff is always my favourite kind of comics.

Also M&M is a really cool system. It takes everything I hate about DnD and strips them out.

• Options
    @Lasbrook Although, if it can be done on at least one Saturday a month, there's a possibility I can drive up there.

This discussion has been closed.