>>--D&D Thread --> Crab Detective! Inquire within! OP Update..ish

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

Who here loves some RPGs? I do
    Solar I have been working on a Mutants and Masterminds game that was pieced together from a comic pitch I've had lying around

The Chrononauts

Awesome. Time travel cosmic adventuring F4 style stuff is always my favourite kind of comics.

Also M&M is a really cool system. It takes everything I hate about DnD and strips them out.
    It's heavily influenced by The Exiles, but it is basically a team of temporal refugees from shattered timelines given a second change by acting as a Chronal Police Force policing the strongest, most pure timeline. Ours.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    strap-on immovable rods

I'm sorry

don't be

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    you know i think that half orc as a powergirl style boob window in her armour, i suddenly like that piece much less.

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    you know i think that half orc as a powergirl style boob window in her armour, i suddenly like that piece much less.

hah

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    As much as I like boobs and cleavage, I find I prefer practical armor better than revealing armor.

• Options
    this is Dungeons and Dragons
    do you really think ladies are going to get practical armor

• Options
    I would hope so. I know i would want it if i went adventuring.

122722cngl.jpg

• Options
    No, doesn't mean I still don't look at it as an exploitable weakness.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

Solar I have been working on a Mutants and Masterminds game that was pieced together from a comic pitch I've had lying around

The Chrononauts

Awesome. Time travel cosmic adventuring F4 style stuff is always my favourite kind of comics.

Also M&M is a really cool system. It takes everything I hate about DnD and strips them out.

It's heavily influenced by The Exiles, but it is basically a team of temporal refugees from shattered timelines given a second change by acting as a Chronal Police Force policing the strongest, most pure timeline. Ours.

Man that sounds really cool. There is a huge amount of scope in terms of character you could make as well, the last remnants of destroyed realities banding together to save the Universe. Man I would play that in a second.

• Options
    rule of thumb for fantasy
    males and females get armor exactly the same strength, with females getting half the coverage

• Options
    Man it is escapist fantasy, where the dudes are handsome and muscle-bound, and the ladies are lithe and sexy

No complaints here!

• Options
    Alternatively: Magic armor with selectively invisible pieces.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    95049.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

The Chrononauts

Man that sounds really cool. There is a huge amount of scope in terms of character you could make as well, the last remnants of destroyed realities banding together to save the Universe. Man I would play that in a second.
    Yeah it is basically "Whatever you want ever"

One of my players' character is Viktor. He is a cossack circa the mid 1800s. He was born with a natural affinity for all kinds of weapons.

Once he arrives at the Vanishing Point(the Chrononauts HQ, a massive space station/city at the beginning of the universe) he is given a Kang-esque piece of equipment that lets him use weapons from any point in time for brief periods.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Acceptable Lady armour:

88332335.jpg

Unacceptable Lady armour:

44487825.jpg

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

The Chrononauts

Yeah it is basically "Whatever you want ever"

One of my players' character is Viktor. He is a cossack circa the mid 1800s. He was born with a natural affinity for all kinds of weapons.

Once he arrives at the Vanishing Point(the Chrononauts HQ, a massive space station/city at the beginning of the universe) he is given a Kang-esque piece of equipment that lets him use weapons from any point in time for brief periods.

Niiiice

I'd probably go for some sort of Galactus style character (but much less powerful, obviously), once a being of incredible power he has been brought much lower by the destruction of his timeline and now fights with his knowledge of cosmic level science and reduced but still potent energy powers or something like that.

Either that or a Dr Doom style tech dude

• Options
    So

basically Hank Pym circa West Coast Avengers but on a larger scale

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Are.. are those chain mail thigh highs held up by leather garter straps?

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Blankzilla wrote:
    So

basically Hank Pym circa West Coast Avengers but on a larger scale

Pretty much! I never get to play supers because the punks in my group are not really interested in it, which is a shame because it's probably the genre I want to play the most. Usually we end up playing sci-fi stuff, which is great, but I want a cape!

Solar on
  • Options
    Also who has played Eclipse Phase

That game is fantastic

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    What the fuck is up with her eyes?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yukira wrote:
    Are.. are those chain mail thigh highs held up by leather garter straps?

Yes!
    What the fuck is up with her eyes?

Psychic class.

Melding on
  • Options
    That is silly.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Yes, but her left eye is lazy as all get out.

It's taking a nap for chrissakes.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    More acceptable armour:

76127596.jpg
    4egreendragon.jpg
    40949481.jpg
    25874334.jpg

• Options
    am I the only one who thinks that "breastplates" are silly

• Options
    No, they'e excellent protection from attacks, though ones so.. formed, are a bit silly.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Almost as bad as a cleavage window in them, since it would deflect arrows right into the middle groove!

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

The Chrononauts

I have a M&M book, but I can never get anyone to play it, they all just wanna play DnD or D20 Modern or Pathfinder

• Options
    Well they are silly, it's true

But then

wizards and elves and so on

• Options
    Bucketman wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    RPG thread yessssss

The Chrononauts

I have a M&M book, but I can never get anyone to play it, they all just wanna play DnD or D20 Modern or Pathfinder

I quite like Pathfinder

But in terms of system I find nearly all d20 stuff to be painfully dated and not that good

M&M is by far the best version

• Options
    swordmages.jpg

Her armour is silly, but the dude looks stoned as hell.

Woah, my hand is like..woah

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Hmm, I think I see what you're trying to say
    But maybe some more examples will help

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Molded breastplates can be silly or they can be a female warrior choosing an armor that reminds everyone that being a fierce knight and being a woman are not mutually-exclusive traits.

There is room for many interpretations in the land of role-play and you can describe your character however you want.

But yeah, lots of fantasy artists like showing off a lady's skin for the sake of showing off skin.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My favorite character is a human fighter I played in a level 1 3.0 campaign named Darrian Pitm, during the course of the campaign he had: Lost an eye, been bitten by a warewolf and while cured retained some wolf like qualities, had his wife and child murdered, been scarred a dozen times, and lost an arm. I got a magic steel arm, but I actually had seen my character go from a carefree guy who wanted to adventure in order to support his family after a war, to a hateful spitefilled husk who trusted no one.

Then in a 3.5 campaign where we started at level 10 I convinced my GM to let me remake him, now named Darrian the Wolf, he was now a mercenary who spent most of his time drunk and who no longer carried a shield, as his arm could deflect most basic attacks and he didn't give a shit.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote:
    My favorite character is a human fighter I played in a level 1 3.0 campaign named Darrian Pitm, during the course of the campaign he had: Lost an eye, been bitten by a warewolf and while cured retained some wolf like qualities, had his wife and child murdered, been scarred a dozen times, and lost an arm. I got a magic steel arm, but I actually had seen my character go from a carefree guy who wanted to adventure in order to support his family after a war, to a hateful spitefilled husk who trusted no one.

Then in a 3.5 campaign where we started at level 10 I convinced my GM to let me remake him, now named Darrian the Wolf, he was now a mercenary who spent most of his time drunk and who no longer carried a shield, as his arm could deflect most basic attacks and he didn't give a shit.

That is pretty rad. Pretty, incredibly rad.

Also i have been posting way too many armoured ladies. stopping that.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    noooo. keep going

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    90353.jpg

Why did d20 modern have to suck? stuff lie this was sooo cool!

daoelfmage.jpg

DA:O also had cool arts.

mcmaggloryseeker.jpg

So do MtG

humanbarbarianchick.jpg

This walks a fine line between sweet and dumb.

Alright done posting ladies for a while.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    My favorite character was actually from the game Marsh ran. I was a Warforged that had been stuck under some collapsed rocks for a very very long time. Then some adventurous clerics found him and brought him to their church. The church just said hey dude go find us cool shit, and I did.

Also I was obsessed with mold. As it was the only company and or entertainment I had under all that rubble. To the extent that Marsh repeatedly set traps on tiles that had mold on them. It worked every time. Just innocently collecting mold spores into my plethora of vials as death rained down.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    are you sleeping with it Ray?

This discussion has been closed.