As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

>>--D&D Thread --> Crab Detective! Inquire within! OP Update..ish

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    man, it's just a neat spider robot. I don't even care about stompyness. i want to ride one.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i want a megatherium

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    i suggest grabbing the newer pdf. they updated some stuff.

Checking out the errata now, looks like fun stuff. Gotta love how easy the system makes it to play a Neuromancer/Wintermute style AI. And funky stuff like collective hivemind swarms. And robo-space-prostitutes.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    don't we all

0BnD8l3.gif
    (want the megatherium that is)

0BnD8l3.gif
    swarm of robo prostitutes you say..

EP-Sunward%20Character1_Flexbot_T.Garden_web.jpg

That is a neat multitool robot. i want one.

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Something's wrong with that Metal Gear.

WHORESWHORESWHORESWHORESWHORES

WHORESWHORESWHORESWHORESWHORES

yes ted, that was the joke

who's ted?

0BnD8l3.gif
    maybe, we're all ted.

Ted was inside of us all a long.

get the hell out of me, ted

0BnD8l3.gif
    but it's so warm!

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    maybe, we're all ted.

Ted was inside of us all a long.

That explains the long rambling interior monologue I keep hearing about life in 2000s era New York!

yeah, i've never been to new york but i feel like i've been there all my life living with 5 friends getting into crazy situations, i even lost the apartment i was sub leasing from my grandmother on a stupid dare or bet or something.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I dub that mech Princess Tiny Feet.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    yeah but it can do like anything with its hands. it's outstanding. it's like a swiss army knife, but a five foot tall robot.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hello who is playing my game then

Also I have decided that the setting will be Extropia. Extropia is a collection of habitats locked together in space that floats between Mars and the Jovian territories. It is probably the biggest space habitat around and is the system's melting pot where the inner system hypercorps and planetary consortium mix with the outer system anarchists and brinkers and deals are cut. Different parts of the station are owned by various different types and in their areas it's their rules which means knowing who owns your sector and how they feel about your body mods is pretty important.

Also when I say melting pot I mean it. This place is a combination of huge O'Neal cylinders filled with hypercorp offices, tiny laboratories at the end of long connection struts that shoot out a hundred metres from the rest of the station and spherical habs where people have zero-g clubs that work by using ultrasonics and airborne drugs to alter your mental state.

Life moves quickly here, allegiances, employment and morphs change very fast. You can see some crazy stuff if you look in the right places, but be careful if you do, death is cheap on Extropia and nobody likes resleeving from backups.

Solar on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I have a bunch of ideas, but probably no time to play.

Mel was bugging me a bunch about it

fuck gendered marketing
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Okay so one group of my friends is considering starting a DnD thing. They're all pretty new to it but if I show them the Chris Perkins stuff and help 'em out wherever I can they'll be good to go.

The question is, which of my characters do I want to play as first? My Half-Elf Warlock, my Deva Avenger, my Gnoll Fighter or my Dwarf Cleric?

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Can't go wrong with a Dwarf cleric for a new DM.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I actually don't think I'd make that great a DM. At least not right now, I much prefer being the simple player character.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    DMing is certainly the tough job

Being a player is pretty easy

being a player ai-oh right, yeah.

Yes that is correct. I will have to read up on the area now Solar. probably means my plan to scrap it all and play as splicer who owns a reaper they ego cast to is out as well.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I'm gonna ask this here because I don't wanna go into Critical Failures to ask it:

I'm painting some plague marines in an iron warrior's scheme, how should I go about turning them from shiny mithril silver into rusty and blackened iron?

novacrab.jpg

if someone could put a fedora, and trench coat on this crab, that'd be super.

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I know what I'm gonna play in straightzi's game

a charismatic, and actually magic, stage magician

now to figure out the character sheet

Shabooty

you should play Zatanna

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Shabooty wrote:
    I know what I'm gonna play in straightzi's game

a charismatic, and actually magic, stage magician

now to figure out the character sheet

Straightzi's game is the one where you have to choose a fictional personage from the past 20 or so years, right?

Are you gonna be Gob Bluth?

edit: Only actually magic

Fire Truck on
    Fire Truck wrote:
    Straightzi's game is the one where you have to choose a fictional personage from the past 20 or so years, right?

oh I didn't know this part!

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    David Blaine

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote:
    Fire Truck wrote:

oh I didn't know this part!

Be Gob. You know you want to.

nah, I want to be useful

I think I might want to be Ridcully

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So I have a question for all you 4e players out there.

What are you honest thoughts on the new Alignment system? I'm not asking so much about the fact that it's no longer really relevant, mechanically, I'm more interested in people's thoughts on the changes from the 3x3 to a 1x5 system.

Personally, I like it.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    i like that it's not attached mechanically, it could have stays the same but been taken out of the rules and i would have been happy. as it stands i am indifferent, and it could be simplied more and i wouldn't necessarily care. however if you bring back the old system i am writing Chaotic Lawful every time.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My only real problem with the new system is that "Lawful Neutral" went from being an interesting and conflicted alignment to play....to Unaligned. Which I think is kind of balls, but whatevs, I guess.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Chaotic Lawful, my only rule is there are no rules. This rule is enforced with DEATH

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote:
    nah, I want to be useful

I think I might want to be Ridcully

Not character written about in the past twenty to thirty years, character that lived in the past twenty to thirty years.

This discussion has been closed.