As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoV] Scheme "Night" Sat Dec 22nd 3-5pm cst

• Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was thinking about this over lunch, and maybe a single night wouldn't be such a good idea. Already we see that not everyone can make the current team nights as scheduled, so maybe we could actually set up a few different times where at least ~4 people can devote 2-3 hours to doing whatever(missions, TFs, maybe even PvP), and can accept having their characters locked into a TF for a period of time. And if other people show up who weren't usually in that group, then that's awesome and that much better, but I guess the idea would be that there would be a few set periods of time where we say "This is teaming time."

I don't know, maybe that might be too tough to implement, but I sure don't want to be stuck in another late night due to my living on the east coast.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    For that just come into the thread and go, "Hey I want to do the Sewer Trial sometime this week. Who could make it on X night?"
    Considering rare recipes drop from Strike Forces, Task Forces, and Trials I think having a Sunday Night Virtue thing would be a good idea. Most stores close between 6-7 on Sundays for anyone who is a retail worker and for those who don't work Sundays we can show up earlier. I don't know, I don't think we really need a set time for it. We can just start planning to do stuff on Virtue on Sundays in general.

Accualt on
  • Options
    NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would like to join in on the Strike Force, but I might have some other things going down this Saturday. Can any of you speak from experience as to how long this SF lasts? I just want to know that I'll be able to commit to the entire run before I put my name on the list.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    NAND NOR wrote: »
    I would like to join in on the Strike Force, but I might have some other things going down this Saturday. Can any of you speak from experience as to how long this SF lasts? I just want to know that I'll be able to commit to the entire run before I put my name on the list.

Doesn't matter how long it is, we're stopping after 2 hours. We can pick it up again next week.

Actually, wait, did they fix the bug for people who are dropped from SFs?

Pb on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Pb wrote: »

Doesn't matter how long it is, we're stopping after 2 hours. We can pick it up again next week.

They did. (Thank goodness.)

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Pb wrote: »

They did. (Thank goodness.)

This is good news. How does it work? We all just log without quiting the SF team? It's been a while since I've done any Task/Strike Forces.

So then here comes the team-splitter.

Ebon Torch - Fire/Dark Corrupter - Level 17
    Hildis - Thug/TA MM - Level 17
    Calystix - Ice/Psionic Dominator - Level 12 (will be at least 16 for this weekend)
    Taiga Dryad - 14 Plant/Ice. I ought to be able to get up to 16 or 17 by Saturday.
    Synchronic - 17(16 currently) Elec/Elec Brute.
    Inferno Cock - Fire Dark Corruptor - Level 16
    Col. Devlin - Mercs/Dark MM - Level 15
    H A Z M A T - Rad/Therm Corruptor - Lvl 17
    Mr. Malignant - Fire/Fire Dominator - Level 17

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey now; start a new SF signup, or wait and see if someone doesn't show on saturday.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited April 2007
    I was under the impression that we would split the players into two teams, since you only need four people on the team in order to do the Strike Force. If I'm wrong then I'll take it down.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Nah, we'll split into two. Only 8 signed up for the Hero Night TF and we ended up with 16 doing it.

Accualt on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was under the impression that we would split the players into two teams, since you only need four people on the team in order to do the Strike Force. If I'm wrong then I'll take it down.
    Well...okay, but I want the Brute on my team. :P

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    We'll try and make it as balanced as possible. If we only have one Brute...the other team gets two MMs. =p

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Last few weeks there's been at least one other brute than me I think.

Kind of odd we're so short on brutes.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited April 2007
    There are more Brutes (9) on the roster than anything else they just don't show up.

Accualt on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If you've got the right one, you only need one.

brutesquad.jpg

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Team 1 gave up after running into a brick wall of 21s (we were 17). Maybe next week.

Pb on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    We got smoked on Team 2 as well, same situation. We were a mix of 17s and 15s.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So what you guys are saying is that I should roll a brute and catch up.

Can do.

Any specific combos you guys are short on? I've never gotten past 4 or so with a brute or a tank, so I'm up for just about anything.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Be whatever. I will tell you that my Fire Armor/Stone Attack Tanker is the most fun fun ever. I imagine a Stone/Fire Brute would be equally fun but really fragile.
    Stone Armor can make you nigh unkillable but slows down your attack rate. I would recommend against Dark Armor unless Dark Melee is your primary. Otherwise everything is good.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Bitstream wrote: »
    So what you guys are saying is that I should roll a brute and catch up.

Can do.

Any specific combos you guys are short on? I've never gotten past 4 or so with a brute or a tank, so I'm up for just about anything.

I don't think it really matters what sort of Brute you are to be honest. The first post in the thread has most people's powersets listed I think.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I will say that /EA is a poor brute secondary for teams, though.

Pb on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Are we shooting for the SF this week since everyone is higher level? I'm game.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What level were the enemies spawning at. I got the impression that the SFers were getting destroyed.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Twenty with, I think, some 21s. That won't be a problem now that we have mostly 17s with a few 18s.
    So, yeah, I wanna do the SF before we out lvl it. What manly men of manlyness are with me? Lovely Ladies of Lusterness are welcome as well.

Accualt on
  • Options
    RagRag Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    20s and 21s, we got stuck on a big group of 20ish bosses last time.
    Should be good this week.
    And my Stone/FA brute is incredibly fragile but very fun, nice in groups when you have lots of mobs to work on.

Rag on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I probably won't be here again. Damn family always getting in the way.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think the 20/21's would be far less of a problem if we weren't all TO using nubcakes. :(

me and my bruteness will be here.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited April 2007
    If anyone is interested I'm going to show up about an hour early and try to get a Bloody Bay team togetehr to grab some Shivans.

Accualt on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Accualt wrote: »
    If anyone is interested I'm going to show up about an hour early and try to get a Bloody Bay team togetehr to grab some Shivans.
    I'm game. It'll give me a chance to try out my new COSMIC BURST! Hopefully my game won't crash again.

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I know a bunch of us hit 19, did anyone reach 20?

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I hit 17, and picked up as many Accuracy DOs as I could afford. I stuffed three of them into Seeds of Confusion, so I ought to be at least somewhat over the normal AoE control power Accuracy penalty.

Also, Domination and Power Boost make a mean, mean, combination.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I won't be able to make Scheme Night this week, so you guys can find someone else to absorb all the debt. I imagine Ghost can fill in admirably.

Pb on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If you see Synchronic as level 22 or whatever, don't worry; I'm going to be out of town this next weekend so I'll miss scheme night. I know 22 will be the level, a lot of us were pretty close today, so I'll just get it; I want Stamina and 22 for my 2 respecs on the 1st so I can go straight to SO's (for however many I can afford anyway).

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    RagRag Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Looks like I won't be able to make it this weekend, good luck.

Rag on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I should be back this week. Had a job interview last Saturday, so I couldn't make it.

Corvus on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    I should be back this week. Had a job interview last Saturday, so I couldn't make it.

Going to become a Nazi fighting historian?

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sadly, no.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm going to miss at least part of Scheme Night; I have to look at an apartment.

Pb on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Would 12 be considered too low for scheme night?

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    If you can get to the missions under your own power you're high enough.

Pb on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so, how do I get in on this?

Sars_Boy on