As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoV] Scheme "Night" Sat Dec 22nd 3-5pm cst

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I might show up as a Stalker for the first event...just because.

Accualt on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Accualt wrote: »

Such a rebel!

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Such a rebel!

You know it.
    Actually I just have an itching to play Claws, for some reason. What secondary shall I be...hmmm...not SR, since I have an SR Scrapper. Maybe I'll go DA, I here that is terrible for Stalkers.

Accualt on
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think I have a Claws/Energy stalker somewhere. It's like playing as Voldo from Soul Calibur.

Podunk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Name: Mr. Malignant
    Archetype: Dominator
    Power Sets: Fire/Fire

Made and leveled to five tonight. Yay! I've had CoV for the longest time, but never really got into it, so I think this would be a good chance to finally see what it's all about.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    RooserRooser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm posting for Amoyra. She's going to do this villain team night thing without me. She's rolled a dark/dark Brute named Lex Stygian and has him up to level 5 and parked next to Kalinda and everything.

She's still kinda new to the game so feel free to offer advice and what have you, she shouldn't take offense.

[/roster update]

Rooser on
    AKA Morgy on Virtue
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well my first bit of advice would be don't chose DA. :P DM/DA isn't anywhere near as bad as OtherStuff/DA, though. She should be fine but those are the two most "complicated" power sets for Brutes. By that i mean they have a lot of utility powers instead of just straight up defense/dmg.

Accualt on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, DM is very tricky for Brutes to pull off. If you want a blue-ribbon Brute set I'd suggest something like Stone/Elec.

Pb on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Have any of you been having more connectivity issues than usual over the past few days in CoX? I kept losing the mapserver on team night Wed and finally gave up less than an hour in and I've tried playing 2 other times since then and keep getting the same problem. Really hope this shit doesn't happen today.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Much fun tonight guys, aside from me dropping twice. Good team and I gained 3 levels. :D

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Team one got 4 levels! And that was with a Stalker on our team.

Pb on
  • Options
    MarcoMarco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I like playing a reckless Brute addicted to fury. It is quite fun. Can't wait till next week hopefully we will get close to the teens.

Marco on
    wMFVt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well I thought that went rather well, even with me being a Stalker. I can certainly see why no one else wants to play one. END hogs for no good reason. The actual "stalking" aspect was fun, though. Not as mindless as being a Scrapper.

Accualt on
  • Options
    MarcoMarco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Stalkers seems like they would be the whip yet all I here is how lame they are non PVP. I do like taking them out in Heroes though.

Marco on
    wMFVt.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Basically, here's how it goes playing a solo stalker: You're facing three or four guys. You one shot 1, you're cool. You placate another, maybe you one shot him, maybe not. You got 1-3 guys left over depending on your luck.

From there on? You're fucked. Stalkers are no scrappers, they can't do long-term melee fights.

They kick ass in PvP though because there's no need to take on more than 1 guy at a time, since you can always run after you get your kill.

Scooter on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, it was good times today. Next weekend, we have to remember to set aside some time for a group screenshot. Any suggestions as to what obscure emote we should use as our group pose?

gurusloth on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ah crap, I thought this was Sunday, not Saturday. :oops: I had family commitments today. I'll level my dom up a bit before the next one.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Can we do that oogie boogie scare you emote that gangs do to people on the street in heroes.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm thinking I won't be able to make most of the Scheme Nights. I live in Newfoundland, so Scheme Night goes from 5:30 to 7:30, which is right about supper time. Not to mention that weekends are me-and-fiancee time as well. I'll keep my Brute leveled up to match you guys, though, just in case. Brutes are fun, anyway. :)

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Looks like I'll be working next Sat.

Scooter on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Basically, here's how it goes playing a solo stalker: You're facing three or four guys. You one shot 1, you're cool. You placate another, maybe you one shot him, maybe not. You got 1-3 guys left over depending on your luck.

From there on? You're fucked. Stalkers are no scrappers, they can't do long-term melee fights.

They kick ass in PvP though because there's no need to take on more than 1 guy at a time, since you can always run after you get your kill.

I thought this too, but I quickly learnt if you run away (read: don't attack)an npc for ten seconds, you get your hidden status back. Now, the npcs still know you are there, and still attack you, but you can still critical them from hidden even though they still attack you.
    I basicaly run up, 1 shot, run away behind a corner or keep obstacles between me and them until ten seconds have passed, 1 shot, repeat. I don't even plan to take my ninjitsu melee defence, I'm going to go and heavily slot the ranged/aoe toggle all the way. Naturally, swift will be a must.
    I'm having lots of fun.
    It helps that I'm energy melee. Often the initial critical on a luitenant stuns so I can just finish him off before he recovers.

Team morning (8am for me) was a blast. Although when my team leader told me my brute was lead tank I was a bit D: but I didn't do too badly.
    I think you must have been in my team accault, because I specifically remember running over to hit things that were hitting you because you were low on health.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I was that team leader by the way Morning..and Accualt was on the other team. Also when I said you were lead I did that mostly just so people knew to stick with you and we didn't end up splitting up but you did a good job tanking anyway.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I was that team leader by the way Morning..and Accualt was on the other team. Also when I said you were lead I did that mostly just so people knew to stick with you and we didn't end up splitting up but you did a good job tanking anyway.

So who was the dude running around meleeing people and nearly dying a lot?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I was on your team too, Morning, and I don't recall having to heal anyone a whole lot except for you, and that was only because you were on point.

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Eh, I'm overexaggerating about the dying a lot. It was only once in the hostage rescue mission that was below our level. I noticed he was split up and dying so I went to help him. I'm just curious who he was now. I never saw his combat type, just that he was dark melee primary. I assumed he was accault when accault talked about dark melee stalker.
    Who was this mystery man? Find out more this saturday!

Morninglord on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oddly enough, I was on Accualt's team and he did die while I was there.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Amoyra was a Dark/Dark broot.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ghostalker wrote: »

I didn't die ever until you showed up. And when I did die it was because I was typing something to you while ASing...the AS missed.

So I made an Elec/Elec Brute and he is fantastic, evil version of Accualt. So good I'm tempted to put him, or a version of him, on Virtue. My Necro/FF MM is an awesome theme that I love but I think he'll be boring as all poop. Maybe I'll make a Dominator...hmmmmm.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

I didn't die ever until you showed up. And when I did die it was because I was typing something to you while ASing...the AS missed.

So I made an Elec/Elec Brute and he is fantastic, evil version of Accualt. So good I'm tempted to put him, or a version of him, on Virtue. My Necro/FF MM is an awesome theme that I love but I think he'll be boring as all poop. Maybe I'll make a Dominator...hmmmmm.

Ya MM's are usually saved from being boring from their secondary and you chose FF...WOO BUBBLE TIME.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, well...Undead Aegis. The idea was Victory is an alternate reality of Virtue. In this one Team Uber was fighting some black magic wielding baddies, Aeges was trying to protect everyone in a bubble and it all belw up. Every member of Team Uber became undead and tied to Aegis, who became an evil zombie.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yup

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Amoyra was a Dark/Dark broot.

Spoiler that shit man, seriously....

:P

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Ya MM's are usually saved from being boring from their secondary and you chose FF...WOO BUBBLE TIME.

Guys, take this from an FF Mastermind: don't take FF.

Seriously.

Pb on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pb wrote: »

Guys, take this from an FF Mastermind: don't take FF.

Seriously.

I suppose you could take a bunch of the primary attacks. But yeah, not really. Traps offers Dispersion Bubble from FF Gen, and its other stuff more than makes up for not having the little bubbles.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The FF MM was just for the Aegis theme.
    I'll probably end up keeping my Stalker...or possibly make a Dom. It depends on how long I can stand playing a Stalker for.

Accualt on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I totally missed the first Scheme Night. I am sorry. I will be on next weekend.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I will be missing every Scheme Night in March and all of the Team Nights after tomorrow in March. :(

Accualt on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This patch sucks. A 2.2 gig download and now an 890 meg one, and my roomate just got home and hopped online, download speed dropped from 400k/sec to 112.

:x

Oh yeah, and I'm back.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I will be missing every Scheme Night in March and all of the Team Nights after tomorrow in March. :(

I should also point out that I will probably miss a whole bunch of team nights and scheme nights in later March and possibly April. Gonna be moving soon and away from the Internets for some time.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Woooo! Jeepguy is back!

So I think I'm going to end up playing my Ice/Psi Dominator. He's only lvl 4 but I'm quiet enjoy him.

Accualt on