Need a new Scanner

Mr.PinkMr.Pink Registered User
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello all, I am looking for a new scanner for my watercolor/marker artwork. All the information I find only references scanning photographs and I would like to know if there are any that would work best for my type of artwork. I have a budget of around $200 and I use OS X. So does anyone know of a decent scanner that would give me good scans for watercolor?

pasig9.jpg
Pokemon Diamond: 0645 2317 9036
Mr.Pink on

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Look at the canon scanners on Amazon.

Like so.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I use a Mustek ScanExpress 2400 Pro and I love it. The drivers work fine with win7 and I know it comes with OSX drivers, but I don't know if it's been updated for Lion yet or not. (They're a little slow on driver updates)

It's a little pricey, but it's one of the few reliable 11x17 scanners on the market that doesn't take up half a desk and lets you comfortably scan your arts without having to use photomerge.

It runs about $250, but they've got the $1200 model for around $150 that does a good job too, although I've heard it doesn't hold up quite as well.

Arch wrote: »

I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat