As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Initiative [chat]

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Like Spelljammer

there was a thing that caught my 7 year old's heart

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    However I got on moveons fucking mailing list I'll forever mourn the day.

Surprise!

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote:
    Can we all agree that 2E was bad?

One the one hand, yes. On the other:

modron_monodrone.jpg

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Speaking of roleplaying on the internet, M&M?

is happening as far as I am concerned

want to work on your vampire in the interim?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Speaking of role playing nerd rage, Dragon Age 2 is not nearly as horrible as the internet led me to believe.

I'm now expecting a vanilla Fallout 3 level dumb fucking ending, though.

I honestly enjoyed DA2 more than the first game. Your group was a lot more fun save one asshole, the dialogue was hilarious, and I actually felt like the relationship in the game improved on your character based on who you chose.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

Surprise!

YOU SON OF A BITCH THOM!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    South host wrote:
    Oh neat, Gabrielle Giffords went back to Washington to vote on the debt ceiling thingy.

How far along is her recovery?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I adapted a part of the 2E Dark Sun grand adventure series to 3.5. It was just so crazy. The final fight for this level 9-13 adventure was facing 4 level 30 psions. Luckily, they had extra advantages in the scenario, otherwise it'd be easy.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

Surprise!

YOU SON OF A BITCH THOM!!!

Oh the best part hasn't even gotten there yet. Wait till you get the 50 copies a week of their printed newsletter.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I dont understand why people thing they should get rooms on the first floor when your company isn't even paying face value for the rooms they are staying in they are getting deep discounts.

• Options
    Elldren wrote:
    South host wrote:
    Oh neat, Gabrielle Giffords went back to Washington to vote on the debt ceiling thingy.

How far along is her recovery?

She's hit or miss with some stuff.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dark Sun looks fun

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    CF is by far my favorite roleplaying community on the internet. A lot of the others genuinely creep me out. It's bizarre to me the level of, like, hurt, rage-filled grievance some of these people can have about people not playing their preferred edition of D&D as much.

generally the only time I see people talking about roleplaying on the internet, it is people shouting about Pathfinder vs whatever

That's true, by and large. The game-by-game breakdown on the right side of Obsidian Portal's campaign link page pretty accurately represents how the conversations shake out in my experience on other fora, with Pathfinder easily having more active players than all previous versions of D&D combined, and 4e in turn doing about double that. But if you go places like rpg.net or enworld, the fans of older editions tend to make up for it with sheer grognardy volume.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Debt Ceiling passes House.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Speaking of roleplaying on the internet, M&M?

is happening as far as I am concerned

want to work on your vampire in the interim?

would afterward be ok? I need to swing by the quiktrip for a couple things before we start.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Dark Sun looks fun

Last year (? I think) the 4th ed. D&D encounters setting was Dark Sun. I can't get there from work early enough to play but I overheard quite a bit while boardgaming. Seems like damn good stuff.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Tox wrote:

y'know I was kind of hoping for the wacky, Get Smart-esque "mint a 5 trillion dollar coin" solution

• Options
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Lawndart wrote:
    Speaking of role playing nerd rage, Dragon Age 2 is not nearly as horrible as the internet led me to believe.

The internet hivemind's reaction to dragon age 2 was honestly one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while. The game has legitimate issues, like the recycled maps, but people didn't bitch about those understandable things nearly as much as they just kind of jerked off about the PC master race and how everything was "dumbed down" for "console tards."

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Elldren wrote:
    Dark Sun looks fun

I liked reading about it when I was a kid, but I never played it, because I didn't play the arpeegees

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Tox wrote:

y'know I was kind of hoping for the wacky, Get Smart-esque "mint a 5 trillion dollar coin" solution

I wanted that one just to piss off the Rondroids. :P

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Elldren wrote:

Don't worry I'm sure we are the real racists here.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Or can I only buy from blizzard. Because I will sell all the sweet shit I find. It will feel DELIGHTFUL.

Blizzard has said they will offer a net total of 0 items in Diablo III.

Its all player driven, they just get a cut.

That

That actually sounds pretty awesome.

As long as Blizzard actually tries to cut down on advertising spam I can't think of a problem with this.

• Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Elldren wrote:

Don't worry I'm sure we are the real racists here.

"Look, I just called that guy a name, you're the one who noticed his skin color."

ok, it is Dr Pepper acquisition time

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

The internet hivemind's reaction to dragon age 2 was honestly one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while. The game has legitimate issues, like the recycled maps, but people didn't bitch about those understandable things nearly as much as they just kind of jerked off about the PC master race and how everything was "dumbed down" for "console tards."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRuuF-5ZST8

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

the city was dull and uninteresting and traveling around it and having to fight huge swarms of people actually became boring. an actual game got boring. I think if you design a game to be the story of a city, you should actually make the city feel deep and interesting.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I love Dr. Pepper

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am so scared I am never going to see my cat again.

I have been going up and down the hall and in the stairwells and putting up posters and checking out back and it's just making me more and more upset.

• Options
    So when Obama vetos this deal and then rips off his mask to reveal he's actually Osama Bin Laden, do you think his approval rating goes up?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

the city was dull and uninteresting and traveling around it and having to fight huge swarms of people actually became boring. an actual game got boring. I think if you design a game to be the story of a city, you should actually make the city feel deep and interesting.

/agree

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    The Last Lovecraft is actually kind of funny

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot is there somebody specific that you think has him? Or are you just figuring that's what happened?

Also, if there's any way you can, put some cat food or something outside, it may attract him back.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    You know the fucking senate should vote on the god damn bill tonight and have Obama sign it, don't drag the shit out.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ostagar in the first game literally put me to sleep. Multiple times. I loved DA:O but yeah.

I don't think the city in DA2 was any less interesting than the environments in the other game. It was just the only one. I think the takeaway is that Bioware should look into how they design environments rather than that the game was a travesty.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Ostagar in the first game literally put me to sleep. Multiple times. I loved DA:O but yeah.

I don't think the city in DA2 was any less interesting than the environments in the other game. It was just the only one. I think the takeaway is that Bioware should look into how they design environments rather than that the game was a travesty.

The deep roads, the god damn boring twisty enemy filled deep roads. They last for fucking ever, and have a couple quests that back track!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

Reading user reviews for DA2 was some kind of special, magical hell.

"WORST GAEM EVIR HOW DID U BETRAYE US BIOWAER?!?!?!?!"

I liked DA2 a bunch, it isn't necessarily the best game for everyone but I have difficulty understanding the vitriol the game gets. Oh well, internet + comments + gamers = insanity.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:

I dug Orzammar for a bit. Probably my favorite city

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I sat on the curb outside a friend's apartment building catching my breath on the way back from the library cause i had a massive headache and I was super fatigued. I tried to call her but she wasn't in...fortunately as I was leaving her roommate was walking in, she gave me loads of aspirin and even drove me the rest of the way home

it was nice and my headache is gone now

Now who has a decongestant for me

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
This discussion has been closed.