As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    UCB is good times; I've seen a couple shows there, and they do it right. Good seating and stage, too. Granted, I won't be able to make that show (and will probably be visiting girlfriend and friends in Baltimore the next couple weekends anyway), but I recommend seeing pretty much anything at UCB.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    bummer that you guys can't make it! I have been to a few of Sue's shows and not only is she a good friend of mine from high school, she's also hilarious. I will keep you guys posted about other shows coming up soon.

This weekend supposedly @Hakkekage is coming down and @Sarksus is threatening to come down and WHISKEY with us on Saturday!!

(Yes please!)

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So, the return of dice and Cheetos and general nerderry this Sunday?

I am ready to rock session 3 of the adventure if you can all make it!

Also, you should all get on foursquare. It's pretty cool.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Sunday works for me

Also there has been interest experessed in a possible poker game friday evening

gauging interest

nexuscrawler on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Sunday works for me

Also there has been interest experessed in a possible poke game friday evening

gauging interest

Charizard I choose you!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I was not threatening a specific time, as I had no inkling of when anything was happening. I am not yet flush with cash so I can't come down this weekend.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Sunday works for me

Also there has been interest experessed in a possible poker game friday evening

gauging interest
    OOOOOH poker!

Texas Hold 'em?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    i am down for sunday

level 5?

e: friday too. i am not much of a poker player, but i'll play

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    yeah, level 5.

Also, foursquare. Seriously; it's a fun way to recommend shit to friends who are near places you have been and liked.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I am pretty not-into foursquare, something about it really bothers me
    but then I am a social media dinosaur
    it took much prodding to get me into facebook and I still basically don't use G+

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I have time now! For like, a week!

holy shit! We need to drag you out to hang out with us
    like now

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Sunday works for me.

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    I hate to be a dissenter in all this, but would Saturday be a possibility for people? Sunday is unfortunately a no-go for me this weekend.

sat is cool for me too

what im saying is i want to hurt some rat people

all desecrating my tribes sacred burial ground

those rat dudes are going to PAY

919UOwT.png
    edited October 2011
    see this is why I blew they up without knowing who they were at all

nexuscrawler on
    see this is why I blew they up without knowing who they were at all

"I haven't seen any evidence that this guy wasn't involved in the desecration of that tomb...better set him on fire!"

Saturday I am busy pretty much all day, and would not be free to even START the game until like 8 or 9pm. If we could all do a super-duper late night (wrap up around 2am), I can do saturday. Otherwise Sunday is my open day.

@TomeWyrm @LiteJedi @nexuscrawler @Gooey @YamiNoSenshi

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I have a birthday party on saturday...

...ummm...wait...i mean....what nerdery is this?

I'm cool with late night as long as there is beer involved :O

919UOwT.png
    If I can get a ride back to the city I could do late Saturday as well.

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I could do it, but I'm not a huge fan of super late nights.

It would not be the norm; just a one time thing because its going on four weeks since we last played and I want to get my D&D on...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    syndalis wrote:

It would not be the norm; just a one time thing because its going on four weeks since we last played and I want to get my D&D on...

If everyone else can I guess I can do it once. I may have an IV of coffee in tow, so try not to trip over the tubes.

• LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    I can drive people back into the city, but I doubt I'll be able to get parking at 1:00 am (which is terrible). Saturday night is probably fine, though.

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
    Ok, let me amend my statement: I prefer Sunday (some friends are hanging out Saturday) but I'd be down for D&D on Saturday night as this takes precedence*

*i am hardcore

919UOwT.png
    I AMEND MY AMENDED STATEMENT

WE WILL BE KILLING WERE RAT JERK FACES ON SATURDAY

GOOEY THE BARBARIAN IS ALREADY RAGING

919UOwT.png
    edited October 2011
    Looks like we'll be taking the wolf by the horns.

Edit: Rat by the horns.

Litejedi on
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
    Wait now we're fighting the Horned Rat?

Okay, tonight was crazy.

I did some work for a client, and decided to see if nexus wanted to grab a beer. He told me he was going to a show and apologized.

I decided to go shopping, catch a train and go home... but as I was leaving the grocery store, I bump into tapeslinger, who was waiting for nexus so they could see a show right where I was standing.

NYC is a big place; I have never had that happen before.

The comedy show was pretty good.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    hahah wow, that's amazing. I love it when that happens.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    rat people are people too

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    edit: Actually, probably not a story worth sharing.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    That was an awesome New York Moment, syndalis! It was also pretty awesome to have an opportunity to convert another person to the greatness that is Great Burrito.

edited October 2011
    So is there a definite yes for a late game tonight? What time should I get there?

Edit: Does anyone know if the WhitPenn bridge is still closed?

YamiNoSenshi on
    Last I heard it was game on around 8? Is that still good for people?

yes we're a go for 8ish

8 it is.

Yeah, I'm happy with 8. I think I'm going to take TubeWorm out of the city, if anyone else needs a ride out, send me a PM.

lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    we should really go for a UCB show on sunday - the ASSSSSSSSCAT is always amazing and sometimes has famous people! best of all the later show is freeeeee