As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Time Warner is the worst. I can't believe that I'd ever prefer Cablevision to them but I do. My internet has sucked ass at both of the places i've lived in the city. SCREW YOU TIME WARNER.

*strokes FIOS*
    *strokes cats*

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    GET OUT OF HERE, BEAST!

Deebaser on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Time Warner is the worst. I can't believe that I'd ever prefer Cablevision to them but I do. My internet has sucked ass at both of the places i've lived in the city. SCREW YOU TIME WARNER.

*strokes FIOS*
    *strokes cats*

apparently your cats are smelly racists

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Man, fuck Time Warner.

I have to provide notarized proof that I am going to be living in this apartment we're moving in to. Because the last person who lived there didn't disconnect their internet and is 45 days overdue on the bill.

This is going to end with us having no internet for like two weeks, calling it now.

Tell them "I have your notarized proof right here I will fax it"

and fax them a Xerox of your butt

Drez wrote: »
    Who is going to PAX from here

respond ye bollocks slobbers and we shall maybe coordinate maybe

maybe

I heard bollocks and came as fast

Wait what

*sitcom noise*

Does that sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

exactly that

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Our cat loves everyone.

You guys should come over sometime so he can rub all over you.

Maybe the weekend of the 6th? That will give us some time to settle in and have the place semi-presentable. Of course, any of you who want to come over individually can do that as well. We have board games and cookies!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    and cats!

• Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    We have cookies? I was unaware of this.
    Unless you're expecting me to bake some, because if that's the case, then I guess I could.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

maybe

I am

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

maybe

I am

Pm me yo numba fool

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Okay, venting time. So we moved in this weekend. Everything went great, it was quick, we went out to eat after, and settled down to unpack. So there are a couple of things wrong with the place. Three of our four stovetop burners don't light, they just emit gas. Also, our heat was on during the day yesterday but there was no heat at all at night. So our room got down to like 50 degrees. I called the front office today to ask about it, and I could tell the guy was getting annoyed with me. I don't want to be the annoying tenant, but we can't cook food and we were awake all night because we're freezing. We really like the place, but the management is getting annoyed with us already and it's not even our first week :(

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

grill-lighter.jpg

• Options
    Yes, that would definitely work. We can go pick one up today. Unfortunately, we found out about this problem as we were cooking dinner last night :P

• Options
    Okay, venting time. So we moved in this weekend. Everything went great, it was quick, we went out to eat after, and settled down to unpack. So there are a couple of things wrong with the place. Three of our four stovetop burners don't light, they just emit gas. Also, our heat was on during the day yesterday but there was no heat at all at night. So our room got down to like 50 degrees. I called the front office today to ask about it, and I could tell the guy was getting annoyed with me. I don't want to be the annoying tenant, but we can't cook food and we were awake all night because we're freezing. We really like the place, but the management is getting annoyed with us already and it's not even our first week :(
    fyi, this is the heating law in NYC
    Heat must be supplied from October 1 through May 31 to tenants in multiple dwellings. If the outdoor temperature falls below 55°F between the hours of six a.m. and ten p.m., each apartment must be heated to a temperature of at least 68°F. If the outdoor temperature falls below 40°F between the hours of ten p.m. and six a.m., each apartment must be heated to a temperature of at least 55°F. Multiple Dwelling Law § 79; Multiple Residence Law § 173; NYC Admin. Code § 27-2029.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Huh, thanks for the info @BEAST!. I guess we need to get a radiator that plugs in to the wall, or more blankets.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

1: I had a problem with my stove when I moved in... Gas smell. Weird that you are having similar problems.

2: if the temp hit 50 in your bedroom, they are in violation of the law. I have the opposite problem where my apartment is altogether too hot unless I keep my windows part open.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

1: I had a problem with my stove when I moved in... Gas smell. Weird that you are having similar problems.

2: if the temp hit 50 in your bedroom, they are in violation of the law. I have the opposite problem where my apartment is altogether too hot unless I keep my windows part open.

I think I might pick up a thermometer (one of those people put outside their houses or whatever), because I swear to god it had to be 50. My dad's going to drop off a radiator, but I'm afraid leaving that thing on all night will wrack up our electric bill....or something.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem where my apartment is altogether too hot unless I keep my windows part open.

Check your heat priviliege

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @riz @deebaser I got metal rammus and riot graves who wants what

• Options
    metal rammus plz

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    Alas I am slow! I don't like that Graves more than his base skin, so I won't take it, but thanks for the offer. ;)

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    PAX was awesome, trying to trade some swag if anyone has.

• Options
    So we should do a GoT preimere party of some type

• Options
    Bt iz Eastur

• Options
    So we should do a GoT preimere party of some type

I've never actually been here, but this is a thing... (I wonder if anyone actually dresses up. Someday I will figure out how to make a faux wolf pelt wrap...)

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    ...you just suggested dressing up for Game of Thrones to a makeup artist and you're worried that people might not actually dress up for this thing?

• Options
    Ha. Well... I meant people who attend watch parties at bars in general.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I was verreh confused

• Options
    I do not have HBO and I have a monthly subway pass. This is a thing that could be done.

Not sure if we will be able to extricate ourselves from the family in time, though.

• Options
    riz wrote: »

Ahhh A.G. Kitchen is right by Beasto's apartment but he doesn't like GOT! AHHH

• Options
    Campari, vermouth and club soda

That is a butt cocktail.

• Options

I think this is ground for breaking up with him

• Options
    My amusement at the fact that there's a bar called The Black Hound was quickly cut short once I looked at their website and it kinda looks like a hotel lobby. Alas.

• Options

I think this is ground for breaking up with him

Hit the gym
    ...on second thought... he's at the gym...
    lawyer?

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    The Khaleesi sounds pretty refreshing and brunch-like. Think we could get some vodka with that DIY prosecco deal?

Also the Tyrion seems like it could be good.

• Options
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    The Khaleesi sounds pretty refreshing and brunch-like. Think we could get some vodka with that DIY prosecco deal?

There was vodka in the little potion vial.

Not this weekend, but a viewing party does sound like a good Idea. I know Syndalis wanted to do one North of the Wall. I think we might have to throw a boozey one across the Narrow Sea in a few weeks.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    TomeWyrm wrote: »

There was vodka in the little potion vial.

Not this weekend, but a viewing party does sound like a good Idea. I know Syndalis wanted to do one North of the Wall. I think we might have to throw a boozey one across the Narrow Sea in a few weeks.

I am calling dibs on the episode 9 party which may be an episode 8 or episode 10 party depending on how they decide to do the season.

Will call for it many weeks in advance, I promise, so people can make plans for their journey up here. Pack lots of supplies, dress warmly, and look out for snarks and grumkins.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Time to find my dragonglass daggers...

• Options
    NEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options