As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    cheap ass paintball, any NYers down? I gots a 4 pak

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chaos and other festivities at my place tonight around 8

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    tonight, not tomorrow?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    its a school night, you degenerate.

• Options
    I'm around tonight, I just thought it was tomorrow

• Options
    its a school night, other degenerate.

• Options
    tomorrow bros tomorrow

sry

• Options
    YOU'LL BE SORRY

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    oooh shit I could do some paintball

• Options
    Eddy, I'm so glad to here you say that. There's a "special" paintball field trip on the 10th I was wondering if you'd be interested in lol

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    YOU'LL BE SORRY

It

Is

On

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    him yeah that would be fun deebaser

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I am pretty not great at anything involving guns or I would be down, dee

I apparently did not inherit my mother's latent marksmanship skills
    (granted, those manifested sometime after I was born from what I understand)

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    so are we all partied out or should we be looking ahead to
    jesus christ it is almost September what the fuck

• Options
    hangouts at my place tommorow

no particular plans as of yet but games may be involved

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Supposed to be a big beach party on saturday night and sunday morning, right?

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Ahahaha yes. my boss seems to think we should be open on Saturday. Our store hours on Saturdays are 10 am to 6 pm. Right now supposedly public transit will be shut down if it is deemed necessary. Since I take public transit to and from work this is an issue. I am not sure what to make of all the hurricane hubbub myself but if they are even threatening to close down the subways I have to think twice about it if there's a chance of getting stranded.

• Options
    According to nytmetro via twitter mta will be shutting down at noon tomorrow dogs

Think we might make a bunker over at 9th and Coles tavern...

• Options
    Yeah, MTA is shutting down at noon.

I get to move in this nonsense, god help me. Why did it have to be tomorrow!?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Really? Noon?

Damn. I was hoping to get some stuff done tomorrow while it's still halfway decent out.

Bloomberg's ordered the evacuation of Battery Park and the financial district.

This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion I think.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Better to blow it out of proportion than to have another disaster like last years blizzard though. That was a clusterfuck of bad communication.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I think it's going to be bad. Not as bad as the media is hyping, but evacing the coastal zone is probably a good idea. Anyway, we'll be meeting up at my place on Sunday to fish off the balcony, assuming it's still attached.

• Options
    Noon? Well the missus and I won't be able to make it to Jersey day drinking.
    :(

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Okay, time to revive this thread for some dungeons and dragons action.

There is apparently some interest in getting a 4th edition game happening in the NYC/NJ area, and I would not mind running one at all.

So, with that said... so long as someone has a place to handle 4-6 players plus me that would be willing to host us for 4-6 three to five hour long nights over the course of a month or two, I would love to run something.

Having done the epically long games back in the day and largely getting them out of my system, I am a much bigger fan of high action, high drama games that have a logical beginning, middle and endgame, and take place over about 5 sessions.

That way, it never gets tedious, and I can do a great deal of planning in advance to make sure everyone has something fun to do, and something relevant for their characters, and tie it all together without having to go all LOST on it because it went on for too long.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I'm always down for some dice rolling. I've been playing 4e since it came out, so I'm able and willing to help out any new players in making characters and learning the game. I could host games, but my new apartment is just south of Prospect Park in Brooklyn, so sorta out there for some. Also don't have a table yet...

But yeah, count me in!

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I suspect we may be able to get nexuscrawler to host the D&D funtimes... though JC is pretty far for everyone also.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i am down like a clown charlie brown

Johnson Masterson: Crusher of Hippie Wood Elves, spear-chucking fury barbarian and all-around awesome dude is ready to crush some things

I am so ready to learn how to D&D

we should record our d&d d&d so d&d can get in on the d&d d&d

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    JC I could probably do, but I'd be hesitant to commit to anything in the city on a recurring basis.

• Options
    Hangout/ board game times at my place tomorrow

• Options
    Hangout/ board game times at my place tomorrow

So Nexus, with advance warning, are you down for some D&D shenanigans?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    We should just play at Brownstone. Bacon strip lightning bolts, maple syrup difficult terrain, and pancake golems!

• Options
    yeah I'd be up or some dice derpin

• Options
    I can host dice derpin but I am not much of a dice derper myself. Jc is far but so is everywhere else :p

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I'd like to be on the list because I keep telling myself that I'll make it to one of these things

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I've been wondering if this is strictly a North Jersey/NY thread, or all of NJ?

It'd be cool to meet some forum peoples if there are any other South Jersey folks lurking around.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I think this thread is just for NYC and PATHable Jersey.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    That's pretty much what I figured, but was too curious not to clarify. Thanks for your answer.

Carry on then.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I live in NJ and am often up for stuff. When and where is this business tomorrow?

• Options
    maybe game night at nex's house in jc tomorrow, I haven't heard yet. Pm him for the address if you are in!