As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking into a projector

Light GrenadesLight Grenades Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So me, me fiance, and me chums are moving in together relatively soon. The great thing is the place we'll be getting has a PERFECT area for using a projector instead of a TV. So I'm consindering looking into getting one, but I know nothing about them.

Anyone have any advice? It will mostly be used for gaming and movies, highly doubt we can even get TV (the house is in the boondocks).

It should be noted I'm not a crazy technophile, I don't have to have the BEST thing on the market now. Also, money's a little tight so I'd like to keep in the 4-700 dollar range if possible.

SUB QUESTION: Anybody have any advice on building a screen/viewing surface as opposed to buying?

Light Grenades on

• Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It should be noted I'm not a crazy technophile, I don't have to have the BEST thing on the market now. Also, money's a little tight so I'd like to keep in the 4-700 dollar range if possible.
    In that price range, there aren't a ton of options, but there are some good ones. Check out this list at NewEgg. The BenQ W100 looks like a standout, it has a lot of positive reviews and the price looks right.
    SUB QUESTION: Anybody have any advice on building a screen/viewing surface as opposed to buying?
    There are many ways to do this. I've seen it done with PVC tubing and the fabric used to make football jerseys, I've seen it done with paper, and I've seen people just convert a flat wall into a screen using the right kind of paint. Google "DIY projector screen", you'll find tons of ideas.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited February 2007
    I'll second that goo systems stuff. It's not exactly cheap but it works very well. A church building that my company designed used it for their back wall in the sanctuary and the picture is crystal clear. The only thing about that is that it limits the ways you can set up your room (once you pick you're pretty much stuck with it) and you can't really take it with you if you move.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org