As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why the fuck are Labrador Retrievers less popular than Pitbulls in America

MDMD Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Social Entropy++
Why have Labrador Retrievers become less popular than Pitbulls in America or What the fuck is happening to America?

By MD

Greetings my jolly good fellows. If I may direct your attention might I inquire as to the reason tje Labrador Retrievers have become less popular than what has now become the leading purebred in America? The lab, a loyal guardian and a steadfast friend yet roguish, fearful and quite sensitive. clearly has traits that would make it what was then one of the most popular breeds in America. But no longer. Pit-bulls and pit-bull mixes have come THE MOST common breed of dog in shelters across America today. They are also the most ill-mannered, ill tempered, the most dangerous, naively and frantically defended breed in America. The Pitbull have been bred to be a ruthless and dangerous mankiller capable of destroying a human's throat with the greatest of ease. What the fuck has happened to America that has made it become like this?

Cue the Pit-Ball Defense Force.

MD on

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    more like bit pull

because they will pull your bits

with their teeth

broken image link
  • Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    noice

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    MD wrote:
    Pit-bulls and pit-bull mixes have come THE MOST common breed of dog in shelters across America today.
    In shelters.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    they are common in shelters because they got disowned for eating babies

broken image link
  • Options
    Count ZeroCount Zero Registered User regular
    I see your irrational hatred for a dog breed, and raise you several puppy pictures.

61203815489.jpg

12330319_1.jpg

not a pitbull but rottweilers are also often maligned by haters.

Rottweiler_4.jpg

image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38624&dateline=1248802110
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Rottweilers are excellent.

My friend had one, no idea how to spell his name, only understood commands in Russian, which made him a force to reckon with when my friend is yelling things in Russian and the dog is just spazzing out.

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    attachment.php?attachmentid=6721&stc=1&d=1109996414

how i make a link plox

Franko on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I'm getting a dog but I dont know what I want!

I was thinking a German Shepherd or Lab or something else! I dunno yet

My lady has a german shepherd but it only understands russian and while I would love to take it I dunno how expensive sending a dog from ukraine to the states would be.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    We watched a Bernese mountain dog a year or so back. outside of being hell to walk that dog was so fun. we woudl wrassle and headbutt.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    while doing a GiS for pictures of angry looking pitbulls to counter the cute puppy ones I saw a picture of a pitbull with porcupine needles in his face, then i rememebred watching the animal show on tv about that and how they had to pull them out and such.

D:

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Seeing as there are a whole bunch of breeds that aren't pit bulls but are lumped into that category by people who don't know any better, I'm going to take issue with the claim until I see figures.

Also, the fault lies with stupid dog owners, as pit bulls can be great family pets - they're so stocky they can take a lot of roughness from children.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Count ZeroCount Zero Registered User regular
    Also MD have you considered that the fact that pit bulls outnumber Labrador retrievers in shelters does not necessarily mean that they are the more popular dog ? because if you look at this Labradors are at the top while pit bulls didn't even make it into the top ten.

also wikipedia quote:
    wikipedia wrote:
    The APBT is a breed that is loyal to friends and family, and is generally friendly towards strangers. Many have strong instincts to chase and seize cats and other fleeing creatures, including deer and livestock (prey drive).[7] As with any dog breed, proper training and socialization at an early age is a must. According to the UKC, "aggressive behavior toward humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable."[8]

The American Temperament Testing Society shows a pass percentage of 86% for American Pit Bull Terriers as opposed to the Golden Retriever with a temperament of 84.9%.[9] American Pit Bull Terriers generally have a lot of energy and benefit from exercise and stimulation to channel their energy properly and avoid becoming frustrated, bored, or destructive.[10]

image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38624&dateline=1248802110
  • Options
    Melding wrote:
    We watched a Bernese mountain dog a year or so back. outside of being hell to walk that dog was so fun. we woudl wrassle and headbutt.

They are the best dogs.

I knew one that would love you forever if you petted her for a bit.

Also most pit bulls are nice and friendly and stuff, but some dogs of any breed can snap, even if raised really well, and if it happens to be a pit bull it could do a lot of damage.

I don't know why you'd risk it anyway, they are ugly fuckers and the breed doesn't have any personality traits that can't be found in prettier dogs.

broken image link
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    206079_2157769936495_1013908182_32427310_3286428_n.jpg

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Pit bulls are as well tempered as any breed. The owner has to not be a fucking idiot is all.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    which, with the population segment that pitbulls are popular with, is rare

• Options
    gonna git a pit bull so people think i have a big dick

broken image link
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Gonna walk around town a stag on a leash.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    my really good friend has the most adorable, loving pitbull ive ever seen

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    my really good friend has the most adorable, loving pitbull ive ever seen

this is Junk and he is my Favorite

179341_500551158322_658198322_6175883_7605560_n.jpg
    166650_500555388322_658198322_6175898_6797785_n.jpg
    184988_10150103857913323_658198322_6367129_4289516_n.jpg
    196296_10150115867188323_658198322_6466071_1857726_n.jpg
    217109_10150154041108323_658198322_6649447_4175089_n.jpg
    225440_10150180128243323_658198322_6890068_4146876_n.jpg
    227415_10150180128293323_658198322_6890072_2040254_n.jpg

from puppy to big dogg

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    I have a Labrador Retriever
    all it wants to do is eat all my food and garbage.

My friend has a Pitbull
    All it wants to do is eat me .

• Options
    conversely this is my black labrador, buddy

7619_1217716328868_1407673618_640547_3345278_n.jpg

he is 'special'

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    L|ama wrote:
    which, with the population segment that pitbulls are popular with, is rare
    Unfortunately .
    I am in favor of dogs requiring more strict licensing requirements in general but you should need to pass a fucking five month course to own a pit bull.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    why isnt anyone looking at the puppies

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If I was to get a dog I would want a boxer or a greyhound.

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    why isnt anyone looking at the puppies

Dog 1 is ugly

broken image link
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    AIn't nothing wrong with the breed, it's the ignorant hood-rat owners who chain them up and tase them and burn them and starve them until they're aggressive to anyone.

If you did that to a god-damn labrador then we'd have people spouting off about the horrible killers they are.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2011
    There was a neat National Geographic article on a Russian study on the domestication of foxes. What they did was they took a population that they did not train at all, selected those foxes that met their criteria of most friendly/domesticated and selectively bred them. They then repeated this process a few times, never actually training the foxes, and ended up with a relatively domesticated fox, without the need for training. With pit bulls you're dealing with the opposite. People HAVE selectively bred lines for aggression, and while I don't believe that should taint the entire breed, there is some deserved reputation. If people stop fighting them those tendencies will probably go away through breeding, but there's more to domestication than just training.

A duck! on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Rottweilers should be the number one dog because Rottweilers are the number one dog in my heart.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    If I could get a German Shepard without hip problems or heart murmurs I'd take it in a second.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    A Post

By Hashpipe

Fart

Cue the fart haters.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    MD wrote:
    What the fuck has happened to America that has made it become like this?

Obama

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Why in the hell are none of you glorifying springer spaniels?

mark-hamblin-english-springer-spaniel-uk.jpg

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Fucken farts.

Fucken Obama.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Stale wrote:
    AIn't nothing wrong with the breed, it's the ignorant hood-rat owners who chain them up and tase them and burn them and starve them until they're aggressive to anyone.

If you did that to a god-damn labrador then we'd have people spouting off about the horrible killers they are.

yeah, i'm with you on that

our pit sugar is basically a house pitbull

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    alternate take on thread: I LIKE DADDY YANKEE BETTER

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh #pipe you mischievous rascal!

I want a ridgeback.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    If I could afford to maintain one (and if our apartment allowed it) I'd love to get a Newfoundland.

They're huge and super sweet, like gigantic teddy bears.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.