Options

Why the fuck are Labrador Retrievers less popular than Pitbulls in America

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Bringing up pitbulls on the internet? May as well cover yourself in gas and light a match.

Personally as someone with a moderate view, that pit bulls are more dangerous than most breeds but should not be banned, I draw the ire of everyone.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Well yeah, Pits were bred to be physically formidable, and today they're still used to hunt wildlife and such. They're damned good at it, too.

But that just means that they're more potentially dangerous if they go rabid or are raised really badly. And they're not any more likely to do so than any other breed.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    From a risk management standpoint if you have probability held constant, but higher impact then you have higher risk.

• Options
    This is not the D&D pet thread, Jackal.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I haven't met a pit bull that's even so much as raised an eyebrow at me

hell, they usually just sit on my foot until I give them the attention they're demanding

border_collie_01_puppies_for_sale.jpg

my personal favorite breed, right here

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I've seen in a lot of threads people claiming pit bulls are ugly. I really don't understand where this opinion comes from. They are beautiful dogs.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I used to have the cutest picture of a pit bull pup me and my Dad used to have.

Her name was Ginger, and she was only maybe six or so months old at the time. She was on my bed, half under my covers with her nose buried in my sheets, looking right at me. It was so damn cute. Unfortunately the disc I stored the picture on stopped working. :(

Goatmon on

• Options
    I know that a properly raised pitbull can have a good temperament. One of my friends owns one which was badly injured when it was attacked by two other dogs and did not fight back. I'm not sure if it was just unwilling to fight or if it was completely unaware that it could have easily won.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:
    I've seen in a lot of threads people claiming pit bulls are ugly. I really don't understand where this opinion comes from. They are beautiful dogs.

Yeah well, your mother gets laid too.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    A properly raised any-dog is going to have a good temperament unless it has brain problems

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    Why in the hell are none of you glorifying springer spaniels?

mark-hamblin-english-springer-spaniel-uk.jpg

cause brittanies are better

and pitbulls are fine, just you know, have to fucking treat your dog right

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

What nonsense!

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I have a labradoodle, currently about twelve years old (so much older than most labradoodles, predating the fad by about four to five years) and she's soooo sweet. She used to be pretty smart, but age has left her with few things besides a very solid daily schedule and recognitions for every euphemism for "take the dog on a walk", such as "take the dog around" or "take Mandy out for a bit".

The breeder we got her from also had corgis, oddly enough. This has left me with an eternal subconscious desire to know what it would have been like if we got a corgi instead.

• Options
    Dubh wrote:
    A properly raised any-dog is going to have a good temperament unless it has brain problems

*cough chow*

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote:
    alternate take on thread: I LIKE DADDY YANKEE BETTER

me and you Anjin

same brain-waves

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote:

What nonsense!

best bird dog ever

and my dog thorin gives me the saddest damn looks when i leave

• Options
    If you wanna talk about dogs that are bred to be total shit heads

cocker spaniels

fuck cocker spaniels

• Options
    my friend's cocker spaniel is retarded

licking the fucking paint off the walls

bug eyed bitch

• Options
    Watching my aunt's cocker spaniels interact is like watching Jersey Shore but even more utterly stupid

• Options
    i don't know, i think cocker spaniels are cuter than the shit you see on jersey shore

• Options
    once a male bit a female in the ear

so my cousin put an earring through the hole once it healed up a bit

and snooki is far cuter than one of those fuzzy shambling messes if you ignore the probable STDs

• Options
    a coyote with mange is cuter than snooki

• Options
    and cockers are even worse

• Options
    that is up for debate, senor

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

A dead coyote is cuter than snooki

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2011
    A duck! wrote:
    If I could get a German Shepard without hip problems or heart murmurs I'd take it in a second.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog_(Malinois)

They're a medium size dog instead of large, but look very similar to Shepards and have very similar traits without as many health problems. Very intelligent, very loyal.

edit: that's odd, it won't recognize Malinois as part of the link so it takes you to a diff wikipedia page

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fuck dogs, get a cat

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Hunter wrote:

A dead coyote is cuter than snooki

yeah but sometimes dead animals look really pretty

like a dead deer just looks so noble and majestic

and then you cut out that fucking back strap and it is game on

• Options
    I have three cats. One is an awesome kitten who isn't really much of a kitten anymore. The second is a scaredycat. The third is a dirty old bastard with a ton of dependency issues. He sheds everywhere, gropes my mom, shits outside the litterbox, sheds even more, meows nonstop, insists that you pet him at all times, attacks carpet, and did I mention the shedding? Just because of his hair alone, it is impossible to wear black in my house. The other cats shed, but only about a tenth as much as he does.

• Options
    almost took in a really pretty grey and white cat sitting on top of my truck when i got back drunker than a skunk from a comedy show

it was tempting, but i let him continue to be king for the night on top of the truck

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    My Jack Russel Terrier is such a cunt but I love her.

She got bitten attacked by a much larger dog when she was less than a year old. Hasn't quite been normal since.
    She always used to get really aggressive and try and scare larger dogs from then on. I think there were like 3 other dogs she didn't want to fight at the dog park.

Now she is old and arthritic and starts favouring one of her hind legs when it gets cold. This week she hurt her front paw, so at night she is favouring her left hind leg and front right. It looks tragic.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    my friend's cocker spaniel is retarded

licking the fucking paint off the walls

bug eyed bitch

Having been in a cocker spaniel family my entire life I can assure you that, yes, they are mostly retarded but possess a kind of base cunning in obtaining food. Your food. All of it. Right off the dinner table if it can.

I fucking hate those dogs

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote:
    AIn't nothing wrong with the breed, it's the ignorant hood-rat owners who chain them up and tase them and burn them and starve them until they're aggressive to anyone.

If you did that to a god-damn labrador then we'd have people spouting off about the horrible killers they are.

Yup :(

I love all doggies!

Saw a super cute one yesterday that had gray spots that were like a dalmatian's, but it looked like a smaller lab (but white with gray spots)

• Options
    and rotties are such sweeties!
    rottie mixes are adorable

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Once immediately after we had finished eating dinner and there was some food still on the table, but we had all walked into the kitchen momentarily, our cocker spaniel hopped on top of the table, took a shit, and began eating all the leftovers.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    i'd have shot that fucking dog

ain't no animal taking a dump then eating all the food in my kitchen

• Options
    a dump

or eating all the food, maybe

but both is an act of war on a sovereign entity

• Options
    Druhim wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    If I could get a German Shepard without hip problems or heart murmurs I'd take it in a second.

They're a medium size dog instead of large, but look very similar to Shepards and have very similar traits without as many health problems. Very intelligent, very loyal.

edit: that's odd, it won't recognize Malinois as part of the link so it takes you to a diff wikipedia page

Put the url tags around the link

• Options
    the one thing i'm most worried about my lab is that since he's getting older, he's not as fast as he once was. not by a long shot.

when we take him down to the ranch, he likes to charge the cows. and if the cows have calves, that makes them charge back. he always runs straight back to us, bringing the pissed off cows with him. so i'm sure one of these days he's gonna get rolled and stomped if he keeps it up.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:

What nonsense!

best bird dog ever

and my dog thorin gives me the saddest damn looks when i leave

I hunted behind a tiny Russel Terrier once and that little guy was amazing. Made me want one of my own really badly.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.