Options

Why the fuck are Labrador Retrievers less popular than Pitbulls in America

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    god they're so cute too

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    cocker spaniels are terrible dogs

as are most spaniels

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Rottweilers are demonstrably the best dogs currently in existence. Fact.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Stale, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on absolutely no scientific or objective basis, just because I love spaniels.

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    A boston terrier once bit me in the dick. To clarify I wasn't doing anything perverted. Luckily I was wearing jeans and it wasn't trying to latch on.

• Options
    Fyndir wrote:
    Stale, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on absolutely no scientific or objective basis, just because I love spaniels.

Counterpoint, Exhibit A:

189556_1002197624189_1502280122_30001960_3424_n.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I have no particularly good evidence, because my mum's spaniel hates it when I try to take her photo.

So she looks sad in every single one.

IMAG0035.jpg

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Fuck you guys.

When my dog is born, so help me I'll post so many pictures.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    If I could get a German Shepard without hip problems or heart murmurs I'd take it in a second.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog_(Malinois)

They're a medium size dog instead of large, but look very similar to Shepards and have very similar traits without as many health problems. Very intelligent, very loyal.

edit: that's odd, it won't recognize Malinois as part of the link so it takes you to a diff wikipedia page

Put the url tags around the link

I was just going to say, if you buy a Groenendaeler, which are one of the most amazing looking dogs in the world, you've got a good chance of buying mental health issues instead of physical ones. Because those are some nervous / panicky dogs.

They are a nonstop stream of attention and compliments if you walk them though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    this thread makes me sad

i miss my dog

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Best dog:

n601271964_1167868_6718.jpg

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I kind of want a dog. I think I may get one after my cat dies in like 14 years....

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    good lord.

dog bigots itt

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    gaaaaah
    I want a doggie

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Futore wrote:
    good lord.

dog bigots itt

n601271964_1167873_8915.jpg

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    MD wrote:
    Why have Labrador Retrievers become less popular than Pitbulls in America or What the fuck is happening to America?

By MD

Greetings my jolly good fellows. If I may direct your attention might I inquire as to the reason tje Labrador Retrievers have become less popular than what has now become the leading purebred in America? The lab, a loyal guardian and a steadfast friend yet roguish, fearful and quite sensitive. clearly has traits that would make it what was then one of the most popular breeds in America. But no longer. Pit-bulls and pit-bull mixes have come THE MOST common breed of dog in shelters across America today. They are also the most ill-mannered, ill tempered, the most dangerous, naively and frantically defended breed in America. The Pitbull have been bred to be a ruthless and dangerous mankiller capable of destroying a human's throat with the greatest of ease. What the fuck has happened to America that has made it become like this?

Cue the Pit-Ball Defense Force.

dog fighting is popular

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    we have 2 awesome labs now

they cover both sides of the dog spectrum: 1 is cuddly and is a big baby, 1 is a great watch dog, obeys commands and is great to play with

our next will probably be a Rotty though

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I think it's less about dog fighting than you can't look like a thug without a pit bull.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Which is perpetuated by dog fighting?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pit bulls are as well tempered as any breed. The owner has to not be a fucking idiot is all.

not in the least bit accurate

certain breeds of dog are specifically bred for violence, the pit bull is one

• Options
    anyway shelties are the best dogs followed closely by dachshunds and corgis

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I stand by my statement in another thread that Collie/Lab mixes are the best dogs.

I have 15 years experience so I am clearly an expert on this subject.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Chow chows are adorable, but also assholes.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Chows are the most violent dogs I've ever come across.

And that's saying something, because of all the pits I have known that have been bred and born in fire.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    fucken Obamma wants to take are GUNS and PITT BULLS!!!

• Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    MD wrote:
    Cue the Pit-Ball Defense Force.

reportin for duty
    0B8wt.jpg

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Ain't nothin' wrong with pitbulls.

Well, 'cept for the whole locking jaw thing, but that's only if they bite you. So don't let them bite you.

• Options
    Pits jaws don't lock, man.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    They don't? Well shut my mouth up! So they're just pug fugly.

• Options
    pugs are adorable

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    cause brittanies are better

What nonsense!

As someone who grew up with both breeds, and whose parents currently have one of each, I'm afraid I have to agree with DL.

jeGJr.jpg

Jake, the one on the left is one of the best dogs I've ever met.

• Options
    Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    A lot of people in my neighborhood have pitbulls, for some reason. Most of them are nice enough, but some of them just run wild and harass people because the owners are piles of human shit.

When I was in high school, I heard my kid sister and her friend screaming. I ran out side, and they had jumped into the bed of a truck to escape one of these crazy dogs. The second it sees me, it charges. I just kicked the ugly creature reflexively when it went for my leg. I must have had some SERIOUS adrenaline pumping, because I swear I punted that fucking thing 10 feet. It took off, but I love dogs and still feel terrible about doing that.

But the same damn dog later basically ate somebody's chihuahua, and it finally got put down. What the fuck is wrong with people that let their animals get like this?

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    If I could get a German Shepard without hip problems or heart murmurs I'd take it in a second.

They're a medium size dog instead of large, but look very similar to Shepards and have very similar traits without as many health problems. Very intelligent, very loyal.

edit: that's odd, it won't recognize Malinois as part of the link so it takes you to a diff wikipedia page

Put the url tags around the link

But the "broken" link is good as it has a picture of the Groenendael which is SO PRETTY. Also the Tervurens are great too.

Basically, if my wife and I hadn't got collies we leaning towards belgian shepherds.

or Leonbergers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonberger

• Options
    to be fair chihuahuas are horrible

• Options
    Lakenois Belgian Shepherds look like they were crossbred with a loofah though.

• Options
    Boston Terriers are pretty much the only small dog worth having.

• Options
    Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote:
    to be fair chihuahuas are horrible

Very true. They're kind of meant to be angry little foodstuffs for real dogs.

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    terrier and terrible both start with the same four letters

coincidence? I think not!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Druhim wrote:
    terrier and terrible both start with the same four letters

coincidence? I think not!

druhim and buttlord both start with dru smells

• Options
    Boston Terriers are pretty much the only small dog worth having.

Pretty sure you mean Shetland Sheepdogs, right? Because Shelties are great, anything else is butts.

This discussion has been closed.