Options

Why the fuck are Labrador Retrievers less popular than Pitbulls in America

1235

Posts

  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Our family's cocker spaniel is pretty awesome. Born with a deformity so they had of chop of the tail and she acts more like a cat than any canine. She's also going to be 18-years old soon enough. Starting to lose her hearing but still has the cunning of a raptor.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I should take a nap

    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    ughh

    I want a pembroke or a cardigan so bad

    but even if I was to get one I would hate to have to go to a breeder because shelters come down to luck and not being swayed by the the doggies there

    you could look for corgi rescues! help a doggie and get the breed you want

  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Our family's cocker spaniel is pretty awesome. Born with a deformity so they had of chop of the tail and she acts more like a cat than any canine. She's also going to be 18-years old soon enough. Starting to lose her hearing but still has the cunning of a raptor.

    Even when our corgi was getting old and senile, she still knew that if people were in the kitchen, it was begging time

  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    labs are the best dogs bar none

    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    My family has raised three chows throughout the course of my life and we've never had any problems with them being violent towards anybody. We were always really quick to stop any displays of aggression when they were young, so maybe that has something to do with it. They were always good with kids and new people, I never even knew that they had a bad reputation until I read about it on the internet.

    League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Our family's cocker spaniel is pretty awesome. Born with a deformity so they had of chop of the tail and she acts more like a cat than any canine. She's also going to be 18-years old soon enough. Starting to lose her hearing but still has the cunning of a raptor.

    Even when our corgi was getting old and senile, she still knew that if people were in the kitchen, it was begging time

    In the past year or two we have had to seriously start rubber banding any drawers or cupboards because she would simply hit it in the right spot to swing it open and begin to feast. This is the same dog that I caught three years ago eating a whole loaf of bread after building a rudimentary staircase out of cereal boxes to get to the second level of a cubboard.

    Oh she is sly...

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    our brittany spaniel had a real unique name
    brittany

    Ours was Caesar Augustus

    We called him Gus because he was a doof

  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    britanny according to my dad was the best bird dog he's ever had

    then we got thorin, and i picked him out, and of course he's a young lab and stubborn and headstrong and my dad never could train him to bring the birds back to him, so he's since stopped hunting. but he's a fine pet

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Border Collies and Jack Russell Terriers are the best dogs.

  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    100_1597.jpg are the best dogs

    mkc.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    bark bark bark

  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    my parents have a brittany named Jake and a springer named Elwood.

    your move.

  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote:
    my parents have a brittany named Jake and a springer named Elwood.

    your move.

    Can't just say that and not post pics.
    Geeeeez

  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    they're on a mission from dog

  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote:
    they're on a mission from dog

    :^:

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:
    my parents have a brittany named Jake and a springer named Elwood.

    your move.

    Can't just say that and not post pics.
    Geeeeez

    Jake:
    mF41R.png

    Elwood:
    W2rSN.jpg

  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I have a Beagle, He's alright when he's not chewing up my toothbrush.

    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:
    my parents have a brittany named Jake and a springer named Elwood.

    your move.

    Can't just say that and not post pics.
    Geeeeez

    Jake:
    mF41R.png

    Elwood:
    W2rSN.jpg

    yay

  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    they're on a mission from dog

    :^:

    :^: :^:

  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    I have a cardigan, he's the best. pems are fine but dog gotta have a tail

  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Are we considering dogs like Schnauzers or Westies in that "small dog" category? Because I grew up with Schnauzers and they were the best dogs ever and I am going to get a Westie.

    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    dog breeds most feared by america changes every few years because people spew silly legends and incorrect info and build on the fear culture

    right now it's pitbulls

    next: bull terriers might get another go

    maybe mastiffs!

    thy r hueg

  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    dang watching those 101 videos i want a karelian bear dog now :(

  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote:
    Are we considering dogs like Schnauzers or Westies in that "small dog" category? Because I grew up with Schnauzers and they were the best dogs ever and I am going to get a Westie.

    Please make sure it doesn't bark like mad

    When I would go to the dog park with mongoose's mom, there was a lady who had 2 or 3 schnauzers. Everytime someone would try to enter the park, the dogs would go ballistic with barking. Several dogs became too scared to enter the park and went back home :(

  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Punish the deed, not the breed

    If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them

    Like your mother, God is pro life.

    These are bumper stickers i see together.

    Melding on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    ughh

    I want a pembroke or a cardigan so bad

    but even if I was to get one I would hate to have to go to a breeder because shelters come down to luck and not being swayed by the the doggies there

    you could look for corgi rescues! help a doggie and get the breed you want

    but I can't find any good ones on the internet for LA!

    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Aphostile wrote:
    Are we considering dogs like Schnauzers or Westies in that "small dog" category? Because I grew up with Schnauzers and they were the best dogs ever and I am going to get a Westie.

    Please make sure it doesn't bark like mad

    When I would go to the dog park with mongoose's mom, there was a lady who had 2 or 3 schnauzers. Everytime someone would try to enter the park, the dogs would go ballistic with barking. Several dogs became too scared to enter the park and went back home :(

    Our schnauzers never barked, they were super sweet. It especially helped when someone was breaking into my house and the little bugger didn't do so much as come up and try to snuggle me awake.

    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Yesterday when I was downtown, I saw a lady with a dog and two sheep, all on leashes.

    It was not a sheepdog though.

    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Aphostile wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    Aphostile wrote:
    Are we considering dogs like Schnauzers or Westies in that "small dog" category? Because I grew up with Schnauzers and they were the best dogs ever and I am going to get a Westie.

    Please make sure it doesn't bark like mad

    When I would go to the dog park with mongoose's mom, there was a lady who had 2 or 3 schnauzers. Everytime someone would try to enter the park, the dogs would go ballistic with barking. Several dogs became too scared to enter the park and went back home :(

    Our schnauzers never barked, they were super sweet. It especially helped when someone was breaking into my house and the little bugger didn't do so much as come up and try to snuggle me awake.

    kk! :D
    guess their owner just wasn't good (which we kinda thought, but weren't really sure)

    skettios on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Punish the deed, not the breed

    If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them

    Like your mother, God is pro life.

    These are bumper stickers i see together.

    I can get behind the first two.

    The third makes me want to slap the shit out of someone.

    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    i rescued a sheltie on saturday

    she owns, and has actually been super quiet

  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    I haven't met a pit bull that's even so much as raised an eyebrow at me

    hell, they usually just sit on my foot until I give them the attention they're demanding

    border_collie_01_puppies_for_sale.jpg

    my personal favorite breed, right here

    oh hey dubh I knew you were smart but I didn't know you were THAT smart!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4395MP614Q&feature=relmfu

    my house is the Optimal Environment for one of these fellas, except for the cattle that he would eventually try to herd at which point he would get shot by a farmer so I can't get one. :cry:

  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Our family's cocker spaniel is pretty awesome. Born with a deformity so they had of chop of the tail and she acts more like a cat than any canine. She's also going to be 18-years old soon enough. Starting to lose her hearing but still has the cunning of a raptor.

    Even when our corgi was getting old and senile, she still knew that if people were in the kitchen, it was begging time

    In the past year or two we have had to seriously start rubber banding any drawers or cupboards because she would simply hit it in the right spot to swing it open and begin to feast. This is the same dog that I caught three years ago eating a whole loaf of bread after building a rudimentary staircase out of cereal boxes to get to the second level of a cubboard.

    Oh she is sly...

    Holy crap.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Kill her before she infects the rest.

    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My wife's cousin has a shelter-rescue Pug. The previous owner used pepper spray on it as a puppy, so she has to get eye drops every day (on top of the expected breathing difficulties). Can't see, can't smell, friendliest dog ever. Will roll over for belly petting in front of complete strangers while being taken on walks round the neighbourhood. Also won't wander off anywhere because she likes to be within earshot of her pack.

    Makes you wonder what kind of asshole the previous owner must have been to pepper spray a dog like that (answer: shitheel who wanted an angry fighting dog).

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I really wish we could have dogs here. I LOVE energetic dogs, although I am not sure a border collie would be ideal. I mean, if you've got a big backyard and enjoy taking the dog/s on walks maybe twice a day, then by all means. Most people probably don't have enough free time to really keep those dogs busy enough to be happy, unfortunately.

    Suburbs in general just aren't a great place for those kind of dogs. They tend to go crazy bored and destroy the house if given the chance

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote:
    My wife's cousin has a shelter-rescue Pug. The previous owner used pepper spray on it as a puppy, so she has to get eye drops every day (on top of the expected breathing difficulties). Can't see, can't smell, friendliest dog ever. Will roll over for belly petting in front of complete strangers while being taken on walks round the neighbourhood. Also won't wander off anywhere because she likes to be within earshot of her pack.

    Makes you wonder what kind of asshole the previous owner must have been to pepper spray a dog like that (answer: shitheel who wanted an angry fighting dog).

    who the hell wants a fighting pug

    Also we're pretty sure my dog was beaten with a garden hose as a puppy before we got him from the shelter. When we got him, they said he had a bunch of bruises when they first picked him up, and he's always been terrified of our garden hoses. Not of the water, but of the hose itself.

    I mean I hate PETA, but sometimes...

  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    if you get a purebreed instead of adopting from a shelter you're a bad person

    sorry

    sig.png
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    My boss owns a pug + pekinese crossbreed

    it's the cutest, ugliest thing I've ever seen

    I own an apbt + pekingese crossbreed

    Windows-1252BSU1HMDEwNTUuanBn.jpg

    actually two of them

    utf-8BSU1HMDEzNDYuanBn.jpg

    couple of real killers, they are

    utf-8BSU1HMDExNjcuanBn.jpg

    faits.png
This discussion has been closed.