Options

Why the fuck are Labrador Retrievers less popular than Pitbulls in America

12346»

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Langly wrote:

this video makes me sad that my parents' corgi is so fat and lethargic from being overfed :(

edit: here's a picture from his better days:
    DSC00028.jpg

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Butters wrote:
    Futore wrote:
    good lord.

dog bigots itt

n601271964_1167873_8915.jpg

Butters is the only one who is not Dog Hitler

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ok, so now I am watching all the Dog 101 videos. It's like a video TVTropes for dogs. EDIT: Ok, how many videos are there? This is crazy. Someone save meeeee

Favorite breed is the American Alsatian. It is the only large breed companion dog, and is bred to resemble the extinct Dire Wolf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Alsatian

I love how one picture says that they enjoy being with children they are familiar with. Pretty sure that is true for most dogs.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Dog 101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koq1G5eDDEE

Fuck yeah...I can't wait to get my puppy at the end of the year and teach it physics and football.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Our family's cocker spaniel is pretty awesome. Born with a deformity so they had of chop of the tail and she acts more like a cat than any canine. She's also going to be 18-years old soon enough. Starting to lose her hearing but still has the cunning of a raptor.

Even when our corgi was getting old and senile, she still knew that if people were in the kitchen, it was begging time

In the past year or two we have had to seriously start rubber banding any drawers or cupboards because she would simply hit it in the right spot to swing it open and begin to feast. This is the same dog that I caught three years ago eating a whole loaf of bread after building a rudimentary staircase out of cereal boxes to get to the second level of a cubboard.

Oh she is sly...

Holy crap.

My favorite story involving her is one night my sister was in a quick hurry to leave the house for a music show. The family was having hot dogs so my mom gave my sister a bun and than a hot dog to just eat on the road. The hot dog is placed within the bun of my sister's outstretched arm (probably five feet off the air). My sister looks back to the hot dog and is in shock. In less than two seconds our dog had jumped up, snatched the dog right out of the bun without alerting my sister to it at all and had in nearly devoured.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    The only reason I look forward to being an old man is that it would give me an excuse to get some pets back into my life

But what kind of dog

All dogs are so wonderful

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Rotties

Rotties are the clear answer

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    English Bulldog

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    #pipe wrote:
    Fishman wrote:
    My wife's cousin has a shelter-rescue Pug. The previous owner used pepper spray on it as a puppy, so she has to get eye drops every day (on top of the expected breathing difficulties). Can't see, can't smell, friendliest dog ever. Will roll over for belly petting in front of complete strangers while being taken on walks round the neighbourhood. Also won't wander off anywhere because she likes to be within earshot of her pack.

Makes you wonder what kind of asshole the previous owner must have been to pepper spray a dog like that (answer: shitheel who wanted an angry fighting dog).

who the hell wants a fighting pug

http://battlepug.com/

edit: Goddamn I want a pug.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    chevelle71454chevelle71454 Registered User new member
    MD wrote: »
    Why have Labrador Retrievers become less popular than Pitbulls in America or What the fuck is happening to America?

By MD

Greetings my jolly good fellows. If I may direct your attention might I inquire as to the reason tje Labrador Retrievers have become less popular than what has now become the leading purebred in America? The lab, a loyal guardian and a steadfast friend yet roguish, fearful and quite sensitive. clearly has traits that would make it what was then one of the most popular breeds in America. But no longer. Pit-bulls and pit-bull mixes have come THE MOST common breed of dog in shelters across America today. They are also the most ill-mannered, ill tempered, the most dangerous, naively and frantically defended breed in America. The Pitbull have been bred to be a ruthless and dangerous mankiller capable of destroying a human's throat with the greatest of ease. What the fuck has happened to America that has made it become like this?

Cue the Pit-Ball Defense Force.

Ill mannered? Ill tempered? The most dangerous? Man killer? NO. My Pit Bull is the smartest, funnest, best personality and small tempered dog i have ever had. All the pits i know are just the best dogs in the world. Your little ankle biters are more vicious and big tempered than Pit Bulls any day. You wont find a better dog than a Pit. There the one dog that will protect the owner until it takes its last breath and do whatever it takes to make them happy. I been attacked and biten by all sorts of dogs labs, shepards, even little furry cute lil bastards and not have ever been in any danger and never biten or attacked by a Pit Bull. Get your information right before talking bad about the Dogs of America. The real name for a pit is an AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER but yet America is against them thats the most cold hearted thing i ever heard. The mindless, immature, idiotic, piece of crap dog abusers/fighters/misunderstanders/ should be the one punished not the breed. Pit Bulls should turn against stupid owners not America turn against the breed. Also dog fighters make me sick. Wouldn't it be more entertaining to fight chihuahuas i mean its action and comedy all in one. Instead of a pit bull battle fight to the death. I would give Pit Bulls a chance for a good life with a good family why cant America? Help a dying, misunderstood breed.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    A riddle

Which is older and less relevant - this thread, or Chevelle?

Oh ho ho

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I saw this thread pop up but only half its title showed. Saw it was started by a banned user. Expected the full title to be "why the Fuck are Labrador retrievers not joining social groups??"

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    it's always such a delight, scrolling down from the top of the page, waiting with bated breath to find out for what possible reason this particular thread could have been yanked up out of the dustbin

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    fuck pit bulls the goddamn idiot loser dogs of America morons

• Options
    Question: have you ever seen a pitbull ride a bike? Have ya ever seen a pitbull use an elevator? No, and ya never will. idiots

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Why have Labrador Retrievers become less popular than Pitbulls in America or What the fuck is happening to America?

By MD

Greetings my jolly good fellows. If I may direct your attention might I inquire as to the reason tje Labrador Retrievers have become less popular than what has now become the leading purebred in America? The lab, a loyal guardian and a steadfast friend yet roguish, fearful and quite sensitive. clearly has traits that would make it what was then one of the most popular breeds in America. But no longer. Pit-bulls and pit-bull mixes have come THE MOST common breed of dog in shelters across America today. They are also the most ill-mannered, ill tempered, the most dangerous, naively and frantically defended breed in America. The Pitbull have been bred to be a ruthless and dangerous mankiller capable of destroying a human's throat with the greatest of ease. What the fuck has happened to America that has made it become like this?

Ill mannered? Ill tempered? The most dangerous? Man killer? NO. My Pit Bull is the smartest, funnest, best personality and small tempered dog i have ever had. All the pits i know are just the best dogs in the world. Your little ankle biters are more vicious and big tempered than Pit Bulls any day. You wont find a better dog than a Pit. There the one dog that will protect the owner until it takes its last breath and do whatever it takes to make them happy. I been attacked and biten by all sorts of dogs labs, shepards, even little furry cute lil bastards and not have ever been in any danger and never biten or attacked by a Pit Bull. Get your information right before talking bad about the Dogs of America. The real name for a pit is an AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER but yet America is against them thats the most cold hearted thing i ever heard. The mindless, immature, idiotic, piece of crap dog abusers/fighters/misunderstanders/ should be the one punished not the breed. Pit Bulls should turn against stupid owners not America turn against the breed. Also dog fighters make me sick. Wouldn't it be more entertaining to fight chihuahuas i mean its action and comedy all in one. Instead of a pit bull battle fight to the death. I would give Pit Bulls a chance for a good life with a good family why cant America? Help a dying, misunderstood breed.

You've "been attacked and biten by all sorts of dogs"?

It might not be the dogs that have the problem...

P.S. Ridgeback for most bestest dogs ever. Other dogs is cool, even Cocker Spaniels which some of you seem to hate despite my family's purebred Buster being the most lovely dog ever right up until he died from eating a poisoned fox bait, but even Golden retrievers and Alsations just aren't quite as awesome as Ridgebacks. Very intelligent, calm, quiet, very protective of their family unit, easy care and low inbreeeding/disease problems, perfect family dogs. Granted, a bit big for a 200 sq. ft. studio apartment, but in that specific case unless you're walking your dog for at least an hour or two each day you should really get a cat anyway.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

By MD

You've "been attacked and biten by all sorts of dogs"?

It might not be the dogs that have the problem...

P.S. Ridgeback for most bestest dogs ever. Other dogs is cool, even Cocker Spaniels which some of you seem to hate despite my family's purebred Buster being the most lovely dog ever right up until he died from eating a poisoned fox bait, but even Golden retrievers and Alsations just aren't quite as awesome as Ridgebacks. Very intelligent, calm, quiet, very protective of their family unit, easy care and low inbreeeding/disease problems, perfect family dogs. Granted, a bit big for a 200 sq. ft. studio apartment, but in that specific case unless you're walking your dog for at least an hour or two each day you should really get a cat anyway.

Also large dogs often require less exercise (although Ridgebacks need to be a bit active, I'll grant you).

My sister's Bernese is the only dog i know who looks skeptical at the idea of a walk. Although she aced all her puppy training classes. "Stay"? No problem. "Lay down?" Waaayyy ahead of you.

• Options
    I would hand to heart, fuck like 40 breeds of dog over a pit bull even if it was leaking US spirit

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Thanks for that thrilling fucking update on this thread from 2011

This discussion has been closed.