Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Looking for a good website provider to make my own site

ApostateApostate Registered User regular
I need a good, and preferably easy to use, way to make my own website. It's for my art portfolio so I'm not looking for a lot of bells and whistles but I don't want the design to be utterly generic either.

I have used wix.com and was pretty happy with their website builder. I was able to get something clean and simple that didn't look too generic. I would have stuck with them but there seems to be a flaw in their software that makes the pictures displayed slightly blurry. I tried all the solutions they list but nothing really helped. I need my stuff to look pin sharp.

I then tried weebly.com. I believe the images look better but their site builder is so basic that you really can't do anything remotely interesting without knowing html, at least from what I can tell.

So instead of grinding through every service out there myself I was wondering if anyone had any experience with other providers. Cheap is good, free is best, but I don't mind spending a little bit to get it done right. I am going to have pay something when I buy the domain name anyway.

Apostate on