As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CreepyGirlGodzilla[Chat]

196979899100102»

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Riemann have you played Star Ruler yet?

nope. How is it?

Not bad. I got the Galactic Armory mod and it gets close to MOO2. But real time. But I think it makes up for it by allowing for massive scale. I made a fighter carrier with a capacity of 2400 fighters. I had it warp into a system and just unleash a swarm of fighters. It was a thing of beauty. I suspect with more mod work it could give us an experience that surpasses the classic MOO2.
    Star Ruler intimidates the hell out of me. I love the concept, but how am I ever going to figure all that stuff out?

Try things out. Put the AI on trivial and poor researcher.

Interesting. How is the non-combat side of things? I found it very hard to get into Sword of the Stars because basicially the only thing you could do with planets was make warships.

Closer to MOO2. There are a lot of buildings you can customize worlds with. Planets have different environmental bonuses and penalties. So if you find an ore heavy world, you can build mines and space ports and watch it feed your storehouses full of metal. Or you can build a pure research world. In my current game I have a system with two worlds that have tons of metal, so those two are nothing but cities, mining complexes and space ports. Another world makes electronics, another makes parts, and the last world has a huge labor pool for the building of massive ships. I'm about to change that world to a science world once it finishes building a massive orbital drydock. And by massive, I mean the planet will no longer be a planet but a moon of the drydock.

That sounds great. Might pick that up this weekend.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I spent $10 on the Humble Bundle, but frankly I've been pretty disappointed in most of the games.

I already owned Braid and Osmos, and Machinarium is great, but for the most part, the others play like flash games I play on the internet.

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.