As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conan, what is best in [chat]?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh, thank you Bob! Those cartoons are fantastic.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Need to get back to the days of mega Texas.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I love Eureka, its opening sequence makes me happy as a clam.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYROOD7T1Vk

I want to know who actually made this, and kiss him/her/them.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    I love Eureka, its opening sequence makes me happy as a clam.

There's a youtube vid of a guy playing the cover of the theme to Game of Thrones. Reminds me of how amazing the opening titles are to that show.

Ahh, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yydcG9woWA

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYROOD7T1Vk

I want to know who actually made this, and kiss him/her/them.

There is a non-zero part of me which is scared that this will be taken seriously.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Ugly Americans is hilarious and disturb.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Heh, what's there not to love about Buffy, it's not like other shows where someone pro at medicine or research or an anthropologist or forensic scientist gets the show ruined for them. . . no one is pro at demon and vampire hunting.

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Since those cartoons are made to edumacate children without 'liberal bias' or 'gratuitious USA bashing', so that grow up to be True Patriots of Real America, I'm pretty sure a nonzero amount of people are taking them seriously.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I want to write a great novel which is an amazing metaphor for Humanity's political shortcomings.

I also want a jetpack.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Wait what the fuck

I'm digging into that Learn Our History thing and

This

This doesn't look entirely fake so much as unintentionally awful

I'm just looking at it hoping I'm too tired at 4:16am to understand

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Just had a nice long chat with my brother. He's sending me a link so I can see the film he's just made, which should be nice.

Now back to the thesising.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    I hate shopping for birthday presents. I'm terrible at giving gifts >.<

工事中
  • Options
    I doubt anyone will care about this, but TVTropes is considering excising Troper Tales from itself. Interesting.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Didn't they already excise Troper Tales from their main pages?

Sounds like they are being taken over by editors who want to organize and otherwise professionalize it, for a given value of 'professionalize'...

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Wait what the fuck

This

It's actually pretty great. They taught me that Hitler wasn't that different from Reagan.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    It is a view of history that is already taken seriously, so...

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote:
    Wait what the fuck

This

It's actually pretty great. They taught me that Hitler wasn't that different from Reagan.

One was a crazy guy meddling in Poland and threatened to screw over Europe through war if it wasn't for what happened in Russia

And the other was Hitler heyooooooooooo

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    arrrraaaaagh

people who say "if you hate your job, quit!"

i want to dropkick these people

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    arrrraaaaagh

Have you watched Horrible Bosses, Pony? If not...
    Early on the three protagonists meet a friend who formerly worked at Lehman Brothers, but has since been reduced to oral sex for money because of the economy.

While over the top, I thought it was a good counter-argument to the "quit if you hate it" sentiment.

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    ronya wrote:
    Didn't they already excise Troper Tales from their main pages?

Sounds like they are being taken over by editors who want to organize and otherwise professionalize it, for a given value of 'professionalize'...

They've always hated them. Just been running off a 'siphon' approach instead of garbage. Guess that's changed, which I approve of.

Edit: this isn't the first time either. Similar thing happened to their fetish/nightmare fuel pages.

Leitner on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    You know what you never see in Whole Foods grocery stores? Fat people.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    You know what you never see in Whole Foods grocery stores? Fat people.

I just saw a fat guy go shuffling down the street (I have to do all my surfing on the street since my net got cut off) and he was wearing a t-shirt with the midriff cut out. His fat, hairy gut just hanging out.

• Options
    HalfhandHalfhand a stalwart bastion of terrible ideas Registered User regular
    if your life is completely miserable and the main cause is your job, and you have enough money to either move or live on your own for a while, quit your job and move

im moving to scotland before im 30 because i will be stone cold bored of california by then and i know for a fact i will really love life being in scotland, since i've been there before for 3 weeks and loved every minute of it

corio2.jpg
  • Options
    Pony wrote:
    arrrraaaaagh

Have you watched Horrible Bosses, Pony? If not...
    Early on the three protagonists meet a friend who formerly worked at Lehman Brothers, but has since been reduced to oral sex for money because of the economy.

While over the top, I thought it was a good counter-argument to the "quit if you hate it" sentiment.

Yeah, I saw it. It was sort of a hyperbolic counter-argument, but it does get the point across that it is simply not feasible for a great many people to just up and quit their jobs if they hate it. When people say shit like that it smacks of the sort of privilege that comes with having a specific degree/certification/licensing in a field where you can just pick up and go somewhere else if you hate working at a place.

Which, you know

doesn't apply to most people

at all

• Options
    Halfhand wrote:
    if your life is completely miserable and the main cause is your job, and you have enough money to either move or live on your own for a while, quit your job and move

im moving to scotland before im 30 because i will be stone cold bored of california by then and i know for a fact i will really love life being in scotland, since i've been there before for 3 weeks and loved every minute of it

must be nice, that bolded text you've got there

because a giant swath of the population, especially the sort who are on the lowest social rungs of the employment ladder, do not have that luxury.

• Options
    Halfhand wrote:

This would be the main barrier in your argument. Sometimes it's not possible to build up enough funds to survive outside employment until you can get a better job, especially when the economy is not very job-friendly right now.

Also, spending two or three weeks in a country is quite different to spending months or years. Out of curiosity, what time of the year were you in Scotland?

• Options
    "Man I will be bored by California before I am 30 but I spent 3 weeks in Scotland so I will totally move there and go through the incredibly complicated British immigration policy, and I'll totally be able to afford doing so"

Best of luck, champ. I sure hope you're in university and studying for your engineering degree and not a high school student who plans on majoring in literature.

• Options
    Oh god, i just popped my wrist and i think i broke it!

• Options
    Jokerman wrote:

is it swelling

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, three weeks somewhere is not enough to be able to tell if you'll love living there. There's no way of telling, really, except actually living there.

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:

is it swelling

No, it's probably going to be alright. There was just a shot of pain up my arm when it popped, folowed by numbness.

My body is falling apart...but I'm bitching to the choir there, huh?

• Options
    Jokerman wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:

is it swelling

No, it's probably going to be alright. There was just a shot of pain up my arm when it popped, folowed by numbness.

If you got a shot of pain followed by numbness there's a very high chance what you did was tweaked a nerve, probably pinched it a little

which is no big deal and is usually temporary

• Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote:
    Yeah, three weeks somewhere is not enough to be able to tell if you'll love living there. There's no way of telling, really, except actually living there.

On the other hand, Scotland is awesome.

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:

is it swelling

If you got a shot of pain followed by numbness there's a very high chance what you did was tweaked a nerve, probably pinched it a little

which is no big deal and is usually temporary

Yeah that's what I was figuring. I should be in my bed, not sitting in my car right now.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

Scotland *is* pretty awesome.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BobCesca wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

I have pictures of the Isle of Skye in my Living Room. That was fun.

• Options
    it's actually very difficult to immigrate to a country when your reason for doing so is "I vacationed here and I think it's cool!"

immigration officials generally frown on that

if you aren't a refugee or a person with some kind of trade/useful degree/doctorate/in-demand certification or training

or the country has a large unskilled labor market

gooooood luck champ

This discussion has been closed.