Countdown: Out with a whimper

2456750

Posts

  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Not trying to derail anything, but why all the hate for Hal? Im getting more into DC as time goes along, and I see alot of anti-Hal stuff and im just curious at to why.

    Marathon on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Because he's dumb and boring and should have stayed dead/The Spectre

    Garlic Bread on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Infinite Crisis just stunk

    I was about to get all worked up and wax poetic on the strengths and merits of the miniseries (of which there are many), but then I realized that it's a step in the right direction that you're not using that fucking retarded IKoF board catchphrase and decided to leave good enough alone.

    seriously though I hate that so fucking much

    Whippy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hate what

    Infinite Crisis?

    or "IKoF"

    I will agree with the latter

    it doesn't really make sense

    but i think that's the point

    and the former

    Garlic Bread on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    both are terrible

    Whippy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    well, whippy

    you take two steps forward

    and...uh...so do i

    we come together because something something paula abdul reference

    Garlic Bread on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who the heck is the person between Zatanna and the Spectre?

    ed: And the dude behind Starfire, for that matter.

    Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who the heck is the person between Zatanna and the Spectre?

    Shang-Chi

    Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    I wasn't going to buy Countdown, because 52 has been kind of hit-and-miss for me, but I read Dini's interview about it and it sounds like something that's more up my alley.

    DJ Eebs on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Is that Ion floating next to Wonder Woman?

    Damn it, since I'm so gay for all things Green Lantern right now, I may have to look into this if Kyle and Hal figure prominently into the story. If the GLC gets involved, I do believe my wallet will cry.

    Well, I can see Kyle, Hal, John, Guy, and Alan in the picture.

    Alan's not in the GLC but fuck you. He's better than Hal

    I dunno, the way GLC is going, Guy's going to keep getting caught up in bailing out n00b Lanterns whilst trying to get in Soranik Natu's pants.

    I'm pretty new to DC, so I don't really understand the hate for Hal. I've liked what I've read of Green Lantern so far. I honestly like all of the Lanterns, so take that as you will. Btw, what book is John Stewart in now, anyway? I'd be really interested in reading up on him.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Is that Ion floating next to Wonder Woman?

    Damn it, since I'm so gay for all things Green Lantern right now, I may have to look into this if Kyle and Hal figure prominently into the story. If the GLC gets involved, I do believe my wallet will cry.

    Well, I can see Kyle, Hal, John, Guy, and Alan in the picture.

    Alan's not in the GLC but fuck you. He's better than Hal

    I dunno, the way GLC is going, Guy's going to keep getting caught up in bailing out n00b Lanterns whilst trying to get in Soranik Natu's pants.

    Yeah, that's pretty much Guy.

    Garlic Bread on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Is that Ion floating next to Wonder Woman?

    Damn it, since I'm so gay for all things Green Lantern right now, I may have to look into this if Kyle and Hal figure prominently into the story. If the GLC gets involved, I do believe my wallet will cry.

    Well, I can see Kyle, Hal, John, Guy, and Alan in the picture.

    Alan's not in the GLC but fuck you. He's better than Hal

    I dunno, the way GLC is going, Guy's going to keep getting caught up in bailing out n00b Lanterns whilst trying to get in Soranik Natu's pants.

    Yeah, that's pretty much Guy.

    I wouldn't have him any other way. It was kinda cool to see him actually get somewhere with that butterfly chick, only to have it slip out of his fingers. But, yeah, Guy is awesome. :^:

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Who the heck is the person between Zatanna and the Spectre?

    Shang-Chi

    Shang-Chi is a marvel character, dude.

    deadonthestreet on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Who the heck is the person between Zatanna and the Spectre?

    Shang-Chi

    Shang-Chi is a marvel character, dude.

    I think that's the joke.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Who the heck is the person between Zatanna and the Spectre?

    Shang-Chi

    Shang-Chi is a marvel character, dude.

    sorry I don't read much DC

    I get confused sometimes

    Garlic Bread on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man I don't even know the image is really small and it is hard to see stuff.

    deadonthestreet on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You know, looking at that cover from Previews, it kinda looks like Wizard Marvel's ripping off Superman's post-death hairstyle.

    Owenashi on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    You know, looking at that cover from Previews, it kinda looks like Wizard Marvel's ripping off Superman's post-death hairstyle.

    He's just got old guy long hair

    It's weird that Billy and Mary are in that picture but Freddy isn't

    Garlic Bread on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Who the heck is the person between Zatanna and the Spectre?

    Shang-Chi

    Shang-Chi is a marvel character, dude.

    sorry I don't read much DC

    I get confused sometimes

    Looks like Karate Kid from The Legion of Superheroes.

    Also, I am in favor of another weekly series, but not one so soon. The thing that I dislike most about this news is the confirmation that there will be another event after this. I've only been following comics for a couple of years, but is it supposed to be like this? Event to event to event?

    The writing team doesn't to be so "all-star" as 52's. Of the ones I'm familiar with, they're good, but not the type I would imagine writing a big, crossover style, "shit blows up" epic.

    Lux on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask, I've also recently gotten into the Green Lanterns, so I think I'll be grabbing this as well. I only bought a few isolated issues of 52, as it began before I started back into comics, but I liked its focus on characters I didn't really know (thus encouraging me to learn more about the DCU).

    Wildcat on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited February 2007
    New interview with DiDio and Mike Marts about Countdown up at Newsarama.

    Personally, Im really excited about this next event, especially after reading this interview. It's good to see Paul Dini getting such a big push at the comics side of things at DC.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DIDI DOW DOW

    DIDI DOW DOW DOW

    IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

    SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

    PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

    AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Lux wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Who the heck is the person between Zatanna and the Spectre?

    Shang-Chi

    Shang-Chi is a marvel character, dude.

    sorry I don't read much DC

    I get confused sometimes

    Looks like Karate Kid from The Legion of Superheroes.

    Also, I am in favor of another weekly series, but not one so soon. The thing that I dislike most about this news is the confirmation that there will be another event after this. I've only been following comics for a couple of years, but is it supposed to be like this? Event to event to event?

    Since the 90's, yeah.
    Lux wrote:
    The writing team doesn't to be so "all-star" as 52's. Of the ones I'm familiar with, they're good, but not the type I would imagine writing a big, crossover style, "shit blows up" epic.

    Well, Paul Dini's heading it and he has the most experience with this kind of thing (since he's worked in TV and animation for so long).

    Garlic Bread on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DIDI DOW DOW

    DIDI DOW DOW DOW

    IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

    240px-GOBwithaJOB.JPG

    Diablo Fett on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    robosagogo wrote: »
    I don't think every story taking place outside of a mainstream universe needs to be considered its own Earth or universe, or at least not right off the bat.

    I don't either, but a "Beyond" universe allows for different monthlies in it.

    Plus, with it being in a seperate universe, it doesn't set a future for the main universe. Legion is so far into the future that it can happen pretty much no matter what. A "Beyond" universe is only like 20 years at most

    Garlic Bread on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    I think it'd be neat if they made an "Earth Beyond" and just had it in the setting of Batman Beyond (although not necessarily in the DCAU)

    Yes.

    The Batman Beyond comics were pretty rad, especially the stuff with him working with the Justice League.
    Keith wrote: »
    It'd be a good "Ultimate" universe

    See, what're the odds of someone at DC OK-ing this in the near future? The Ultimate-U is doing pretty well in terms of sales, isn't it? And it's certainly a hit with the fans. Hell, I read more Ultimate books than I do 616 books right now.

    Which is because Nextwave finished ;_;

    But yeah, since they're bringing back the multiverse it'd be a good time to bust out an Ultimate-DCU or whatever.

    bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

    Anally.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    See, a "Beyond" universe would be good because they wouldn't be directly ripping off the Ultimate Universe by having the same characters

    And if anyone said "You're ripping off the Ultimate Universe", they could say "no we came first"

    Garlic Bread on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    See, a "Beyond" universe would be good because they wouldn't be directly ripping off the Ultimate Universe by having the same characters

    And if anyone said "You're ripping off the Ultimate Universe", they could say "no we came first"

    DC already had a Ultimate Universe. They had several, they called it the multiverse

    Algertman on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    See, a "Beyond" universe would be good because they wouldn't be directly ripping off the Ultimate Universe by having the same characters

    And if anyone said "You're ripping off the Ultimate Universe", they could say "no we came first"

    DC already had a Ultimate Universe. They had several, they called it the multiverse

    No, that's not right at all

    Garlic Bread on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    See, a "Beyond" universe would be good because they wouldn't be directly ripping off the Ultimate Universe by having the same characters

    And if anyone said "You're ripping off the Ultimate Universe", they could say "no we came first"

    DC already had a Ultimate Universe. They had several, they called it the multiverse

    No.

    The key here is simplified and updated back-stories, and lots of awesome.

    bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

    Anally.
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    See, a "Beyond" universe would be good because they wouldn't be directly ripping off the Ultimate Universe by having the same characters

    And if anyone said "You're ripping off the Ultimate Universe", they could say "no we came first"

    DC already had a Ultimate Universe. They had several, they called it the multiverse

    No.

    The key here is simplified and updated back-stories, and lots of awesome.

    It's a stretch, but I'm forced to say that Algertman's point does have some validity. The multiverse was retroactively implemented to tie together the original Flash and the Silver Age revamp, the original Green Lantern and the Silver Age revamp, etc.

    The big difference being that the Ultimate universe hasn't superceded the 616 universe and there's been little to no interaction between the two.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    See, a "Beyond" universe would be good because they wouldn't be directly ripping off the Ultimate Universe by having the same characters

    And if anyone said "You're ripping off the Ultimate Universe", they could say "no we came first"

    DC already had a Ultimate Universe. They had several, they called it the multiverse

    No.

    The key here is simplified and updated back-stories, and lots of awesome.

    It's a stretch, but I'm forced to say that Algertman's point does have some validity. The multiverse was retroactively implemented to tie together the original Flash and the Silver Age revamp, the original Green Lantern and the Silver Age revamp, etc.

    And to bring all the corporate buy-out characters onto one earth

    Garlic Bread on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, speaking of Paul Dini, Madam Mirage looks pretty great.

    Sars_Boy on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    So, speaking of ruuuuuuuude titties, Madam Mirage looks pretty great.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    holy shit she does have some rude-ass titties

    Garlic Bread on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2007
    How awesome would it be if the big New Gods surprise is that Dini used Madame Mirage as the template for a Darkseid redesign, essentially making the lord of Apokolips a lady with gigantic rock boobs with little fire pits instead of nipples?

    Terrorbyte on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I will buy every issue of this.

    Hopefully 52 trades will be starting to come out by then, though. By the time I really decided that I was interested in buying 52, it was already at week 20 or 30 or something, and I figured it would be in my best interest to just wait for it to be collected.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    I will buy every issue of this.

    Hopefully 52 trades will be starting to come out by then, though. By the time I really decided that I was interested in buying 52, it was already at week 20 or 30 or something, and I figured it would be in my best interest to just wait for it to be collected.

    Volume 1 of 52 comes out in May. There'll be 4 volumes

    Garlic Bread on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    I will buy every issue of this.

    Hopefully 52 trades will be starting to come out by then, though. By the time I really decided that I was interested in buying 52, it was already at week 20 or 30 or something, and I figured it would be in my best interest to just wait for it to be collected.

    Volume 1 of 52 comes out in May. There'll be 4 volumes

    Good! :winky:

    Although, 4 volumes?

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    I will buy every issue of this.

    Hopefully 52 trades will be starting to come out by then, though. By the time I really decided that I was interested in buying 52, it was already at week 20 or 30 or something, and I figured it would be in my best interest to just wait for it to be collected.

    Volume 1 of 52 comes out in May. There'll be 4 volumes

    Good! :winky:

    Although, 4 volumes?

    Yeah, 4 books, 13 weeks a piece.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
Sign In or Register to comment.