As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2011 Schedule

2»

• Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    Thanks for the pdf, much easier to plan my PAX.

I'm kinda disappointing with the panels this year, probably only attending 3 or 4. Giant bomb is the only podcast I'm interested in attending (also eugh, IGN. Acknowledging their own shittyness in the description doesn't make it any better) and there are like 5 different panels for "NERD POWER! YEAH! MAINSTREAM COMIN AT YA! JUST TRY TO STOP THE NERGEIST!"...stuff. Also 70% of the titles look like a 15 year old came up with them in 1992.

The Guild Wars and League of Legends panel look great, is there ANY chance of seeing The Guild Wars one then immediately lining up for LoL? For some other panels I think an hour in line might be enough but that is a game with a scary dedicated fan base.

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    Marino wrote:
    bigo2mags wrote:
    What's the etiquette on staying through a panel to see the next? For example on Friday, the PA Q&A is right before the Rooster Teeth panel. If I see the Q&A will I have to leave and get in line for the Rooster Teeth panel? Or am I allowed to stay in my seat until the next panel starts?

The only time I've ever seen it being allowed to stay in the theater is after the keynote for the Q&A. Any other scenario seems like they clear it out.

But the Rooster Teeth panel takes place only 15 MINUTES after the Q&A... that's not a lot of time to shift thousands of people in and out. I'm wondering what the answer to this question will be as well.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Marino wrote:
    The only time I've ever seen it being allowed to stay in the theater is after the keynote for the Q&A. Any other scenario seems like they clear it out.

Which makes it annoying if you want to see panels that are back to back in the same room. If Panel 2 is popular, you can pretty much guarantee you're not getting into it, since the line will be full by the time you exit Panel 1. :(

Enforcers and PA do the best they can, but it's a fact of con life, sadly. I think I had to choose last year between Pitch Your Game Idea (an annual favorite) and Acquisitions Inc. No brainer, really, but it would have been nice to see both.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    Losar wrote:
    Friday at 6:00 in Raven Theatre. It's just called "The 10 Best Games of All Time... Again" instead of Canon Fodder.

At least I'm assuming that's what it is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Oh, wait. I'm correct according to the PDF, but not according to the website's list. I'm not certain which one is correct.
    The PDF was correct. That panel has now been added to the listing as well.

Sorry for the confusion!

So what about the "Can Mommy & Daddy Come Over to Play? - The Truth About Being a Gamer Parent" panel that is on the website list for 6pm-7pm in the Raven Theatre? The PDF shows the 10 best games panel happening at that time.

1. Website has Can Mommy & Daddy Come Over to Play? in Raven from 6-7pm
    2. Website has The 10 Best Games of All Time... Again in Raven from 7:30-8:30pm
    3. PDF has The 10 Best Games of All Time... Again in Raven from 6-7pm
    4. PDF has a To Be Announced block in Raven from 7:30-8:30pm

I refreshed the wesbite and PDF to make sure I didn't miss a change.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Any schedule/convention apps out there with the schedule information?

I just checked Conventionist I mean Guidebook (for iPhone) and it doesn't have PAX listed in future events. :(

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    bitterfun wrote:

I just checked Conventionist I mean Guidebook (for iPhone) and it doesn't have PAX listed in future events. :(
    They're not using Guidebook this year. I don't believe any of the community-made apps are ready yet, and the new "official" app hasn't yet been announced/released.

• Options
    bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    bitterfun wrote:

They're not using Guidebook this year. I don't believe any of the community-made apps are ready yet, and the new "official" app hasn't yet been announced/released.

Deleting Conventionist Guidebook. The only reason I had it was for PAX. On to newer better things! :)

• Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2011
    Woops!

6:00 - 7:00pm: Can Mommy & Daddy Come Over to Play? - The Truth About Being a Gamer Parent
    7:30 - 8:30pm: The 10 Best Games of All Time... Again

Schedule Grid should reflect that now.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    Hah, so, after all this, there was a scheduling conflict on their end and the 10 Best Games had to be cancelled. Sorry, guys!

Expect a new schedule to represent that change tonight.

• Options
    NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    There's always something. No worries. :)

• Options
    timdorrtimdorr Registered User regular
    mariacha wrote:
    Hi All,

I've finished a .ics version of the schedule you can import to Google calendar or iCal (tested with both) and possibly Outlook (not tested). It's available here:
    http://fisherspdx.com/pax.ics

I'm not sure how else to put this: I love you.

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    Hah, so, after all this, there was a scheduling conflict on their end and the 10 Best Games had to be cancelled. Sorry, guys!

Expect a new schedule to represent that change tonight.

My objective has been achieved! There will be no arguing about the top 10 games at this PAX!

Muh ha ha!

Just kidding. I'm glad this got taken care of now instead of later though.

• Options
    Hey Dave.
    Is there going to be anything going on in Raven from 7:30-8:30 now?
    I think that PAX could use either a sing a long gathering or maybe a pilates class.

• Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    Coldbrew wrote:
    Seating capacity isn't going to matter I don't think, because the seats are removable and I bet it's very likely that they will remove most of the seats on the bottom level for the concerts. Also the information has "leaked" that the main theater will be the Paramount this year, though it's true there is no official announcement.

Considering the order the bands will be playing in for Friday night, I'd say it's likely VGO will be opening, because they have a lot more to setup than any other band. They opened their nights at both PAX Easts anyway so I'd put money on them opening again. Keep in mind though, the order of bands for Friday night at Prime 2010 in the schedule was not the order they actually played, so keep in mind that it might happen again. Honestly though I think it's the only time I've noticed it being in a different order.

As far as the other theater rooms, there may be one in the Sheraton, like last year, but otherwise the rest should be in the convention center. We'll find out soon.

Paramount confirmed on the back of my shiny Three Day badge!!!

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    MaxSteeleMaxSteele Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    MJPM wrote:
    Coldbrew wrote:
    Seating capacity isn't going to matter I don't think, because the seats are removable and I bet it's very likely that they will remove most of the seats on the bottom level for the concerts. Also the information has "leaked" that the main theater will be the Paramount this year, though it's true there is no official announcement.

Considering the order the bands will be playing in for Friday night, I'd say it's likely VGO will be opening, because they have a lot more to setup than any other band. They opened their nights at both PAX Easts anyway so I'd put money on them opening again. Keep in mind though, the order of bands for Friday night at Prime 2010 in the schedule was not the order they actually played, so keep in mind that it might happen again. Honestly though I think it's the only time I've noticed it being in a different order.

As far as the other theater rooms, there may be one in the Sheraton, like last year, but otherwise the rest should be in the convention center. We'll find out soon.

Paramount confirmed on the back of my shiny Three Day badge!!!

I would delete this if I could. My internet searching failed me. :(

MaxSteele on
  • Options
    ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    Just FYI guys, we are hosting an unofficial guide for both PAX and PAXDev on Guidebook this year. Its currently live as of a few minutes ago:

iPhone, Android, BB, etc, link below:

http://guidebookapp.com/getit

We are aiming it to be more community driven this year, so if you have things you'd like to add (meetups, tournaments, seattle stuff) let us know and we can get them into the guide.

• Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    Proxima wrote:
    Just FYI guys, we are hosting an unofficial guide for both PAX and PAXDev on Guidebook this year. Its currently live as of a few minutes ago:

We are aiming it to be more community driven this year, so if you have things you'd like to add (meetups, tournaments, seattle stuff) let us know and we can get them into the guide.
    I noticed the Omegathon wasn't on the schedule, is there any way it could be added in an update later? Or am I just missing it?

• Options
    Saxicide wrote:
    Proxima wrote:

I noticed the Omegathon wasn't on the schedule, is there any way it could be added in an update later? Or am I just missing it?

We've added it as a list right now, will add to the actual schedule soon as well. Update to check it out.

• Options
    CougRonCougRon Registered User regular
    Hey Proxima, any chance you will have a universal or ipad-friendly version of your app before pax? The current one works, but it would be nice to have something formatted for the larger screen space. Thanks

• Options
    Not before PAX unfortunately... an iPad version is on our roadmap though!

• Options
    Does anyone here work for or know someone who works for 343? I'd love to include the HaloFest details/info in the PAX guide for Guidebook (conventionist), but I'm unsure of who to contact about that.

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    Are the NCsoft Presentation Theatre panels going to be on the grid?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Anyone else excited for Tobuscus?
    His literals are awsome...
    Also I went to Ubisoft last year and the devs are pretty funny. Also a big ubisoft fan...
    I may just have to line up early for this one...

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    bigo2magsbigo2mags Registered User regular
    Thanks for the responses guys! I'll have to adjust my planning accordingly. It seems my master strategy to "Create an Immovable Fort in the Main Theatre" isn't going to work as planned. :cry:

userbar694334an1.gif
    userbar741514.gif
  • Options
    FYI guys, the Halo Fest schedule has been added to the PAX guide on Guidebook - both in the main schedule as well as a separate schedule track.

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Merged from Skyrim Demo on Friday still happening?
    iSamurai wrote:
    So my Guidebook app says theres a Skyrim demo at 2PM Friday but I don't see it listed on the official PAX site. But I saw in these forums many people planning to go to it. So I'm wondering, was it originally listed and then taken off recently? Is it still happening?

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    Saxicide wrote:
    Proxima wrote:

Thank you for this... I was contemplating printing out the map, and now I won't have to!

• Options
    DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    iSamurai wrote:
    So my Guidebook app says theres a Skyrim demo at 2PM Friday but I don't see it listed on the official PAX site. But I saw in these forums many people planning to go to it. So I'm wondering, was it originally listed and then taken off recently? Is it still happening?

Apparently they've opted to go with one Skyrim demo on Saturday, and the Friday demo has been eliminated. It's no longer listed on the schedule for Friday.

• Options
    iSamuraiiSamurai Registered User regular
    iSamurai wrote:

Apparently they've opted to go with one Skyrim demo on Saturday, and the Friday demo has been eliminated. It's no longer listed on the schedule for Friday.

Alright thanks for the clarification. That's OK with me because I don't think I would've been able to fit it into my schedule (given that I'm sure the line would've been huge). I'm sure it'll pop up on youtube sometime.

• Options
    We are pushing a big schedule update later today guys FYI on Guidebook. Keep a look out.

• Options
    Guys we just pushed a big update to Guidebook. Maps, tournaments, halo fest, schedule, and omegathon updates. Almost everything can be added to your schedule now. Check it out!

• Options
    OmegaDMZOmegaDMZ Registered User regular
    I'm definitely going to the Weekend Confirmed, Irrational Games, and if possible, the AVGN and Retronauts panels.

• Options
    TheJackylTheJackyl Registered User regular
    iSamurai wrote:

Crap, that really screws my schedule up.