As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Move around and stop eating that crap [Weight Loss and Fitness]

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Are there any websites that provide healthy food recipes that are easy for people who can't cook and don't have a tremendous amount of time to cook? Seemingly every website I find with healthy recipes is either too complicated or too time consuming.

I often get home around 8:30 PM and end up eating canned soup (Healthy Choice though!) because I'm too tired out to cook chicken/etc

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I keep meaning to go to the gym more.

Then I keep getting more surgeries done.
    I look like I've made a vigorous but still failed attempt at suicide, nice big scars on each wrist, and I'm going to get at least one more in the crook of my elbow later this month / next month.

It's hard to go to the gym when your arm is completely dead for a day, and you're under strict instructions to keep it warm and not let it get bashed at all for a few weeks.
    These all sound like excuses because they pretty much are, and I'm a terrible person.

Nope. Those are real excuses. Valid excuses. Not "I don't feel like it today"...

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Cornell002 wrote:
    Are there any websites that provide healthy food recipes that are easy for people who can't cook and don't have a tremendous amount of time to cook? Seemingly every website I find with healthy recipes is either too complicated or too time consuming.

I often get home around 8:30 PM and end up eating canned soup (Healthy Choice though!) because I'm too tired out to cook chicken/etc

I don't know if you have access to the material if you don't pay, but Insanity had some very easy meal ideas. So easy, in fact, that I was reading them and going "oh, that's it?". And I'm no chef.

Also, welcome, new folks!

godmode on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cornell002 wrote: »

The better answer is to just learn how to cook instead of continuing to act all, "blueerrrgggh this is all so complicated and time consuming!" while looking like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08xQLGWTSag

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    Cooking isn't hard! I'm lazy, though, so I end up eating a lot of salad, toast, and raw veggies.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    use a slowcooker

that's my solution

well

actually sauteeing something in a pan doesnt take that long either

or broiling something in the oven

if you're really lazy just do a lot of chopping and prep work on sunday and put stuff in containers, and then finish the meal at night and it'll take 15 minutes

poo
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fuckin' stirfrys, man. Some sliced chicken thighs, some noodles, some chopped veggies and sauces to taste. 15 minutes work to make enough for four decent meals. Dinner and lunch two days in a row. And so little washing up, too. Chopping board, knife, wok and one wooden spoon. If you can't handle that, there is something wrong in your life.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Throw meat on grill/pan for 5 minutes, flip, 5 minutes. Throw broccoli in bowl, add some butter, microwave 3 minutes. Done.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Purchase package of ramen.

Open package.

Eat.

Freebase flavor powder.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    rub it into your gums

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Make a liquid solution of the flavour powder (concentration level depending on taste) and inject it into your tongue.

Maximum taste experience.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm lazy as hell so I throw my greens in a blender with a bit of fruit. Yummy and easy and brainless.

Turns out those damn medical people knew what the hell they were talking about. I had basically been subsisting on white flour and sugar for the Christmas week. I feel like crap and my hemoglobin dropped to almost dangerously low levels extremely quickly*. Now I'm shoving green leaves in my face and into every food I've been eating as much as possible because this feels awful.

Collard greens, Kale chips, and spinach are your friend.

*It dropped so quickly that the medical staff at the blood donation center suggested I go see a doctor. So I suspect there may be a secondary cause for the quickly drop. But I'm sure diet had a role to play.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    You have time to cook, you just don't want to.

Don't make excuses.

It isn't rocket science, fuck up a few meals and you'll have it down.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Man I was all helping someone move from their second floor apt today, all moving heavy furniture and running up stairs, not even breathing heavily.

Feels good man.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Cornell002 wrote:

Look at getting Jamies 30 minute meals by Jamie Oliver.

Not all of the meals are super super healthy, but none are flat out bad for you and there is a good variety.

Really though, cooking isn't hard, there may be plenty of steps, but chances are you wont massively fuck it up. And there is even less chance that it wont be completely inedible.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    It's generally agreed upon that I'm a pretty decent cook.

I fuck up meals all the time. it's really the only way to learn.

Hell, I fucked up our NYE meal because I didn't have time to properly marinate the chicken. It was still edible and wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't what I planned on making. That's what cooking is.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    im gonna cook me a ribeye for dinner tonight

aw yes

also dang i bought a ton of beef stew meat
    and hot turkey sausage

i gotta lot of meat to eat

thats one of my things i need to do this year, eat more protein, because i dont eat enough, which is why i am still a weak baby

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Is it just me or is everything Morningstar Farms goddamn awesome?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    it's pretty alright for not meat

but then it's not meat

poo
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    if I'm gonna eat not-meat

then I'm not gonna eat not-meat meat. I'll just have a salad

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I really like the Morningstar Farms sausage patties.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    this salad i got is huuuuge
    2x chicken, bacon, avocado, egg, roasted red pepper, brussel sprouts, portabella

and their pricing is so inconsistent at that deli, but i am not complaining

poo
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    *looks at a couple random Morningstar Farm product ingredient lists*

Wheat gluten, corn gluten, corn syrup, sugar, corn oil, 20+ chemicals. Yeah... I don't call that food.

Dracil on
  • Options
    oh no, chemicals! in my food! chemicals are bad, right? cause, you know, chemicals

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    corn oil sounds too close to corn hole and that is a euphemism for the anus and that is filthy

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Druhim wrote:
    oh no, chemicals! in my food! chemicals are bad, right? cause, you know, chemicals

I heard there were chemicals in my body.

I'm going to purge them all, what is the best method? Fire?

• Options
    Reminds me of when my sister sent us all an email about why margerine is so terrible. Now, I'm not actually commenting on whether or not it's worse or better than butter, but one of my sister's key points was that it's supposedly force fed to turkeys to fatten them up. What the fuck does that have to do with whether it's better or worse than butter?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Druhim wrote:
    Reminds me of when my sister sent us all an email about why margerine is so terrible. Now, I'm not actually commenting on whether or not it's worse or better than butter, but one of my sister's key points was that it's supposedly force fed to turkeys to fatten them up. What the fuck does that have to do with whether it's better or worse than butter?

Turkeys eat margarine. What are you, some kind of jive turkey?

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    dru are you aware that water is sometimes used to drown people

just an observation!

Squall on
  • Options
    Squall wrote: »

just an observation!

And you're just floating around dropping it wherever you like. What about the defenseless children?
    PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    You would know!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Druhim wrote:

Well we do deprive livestock of their natural grass and feed them lots of "healthy" grains to fatten them up. Maybe that's why the emphasis on eating grains is correlated nicely with our obesity rates.

Ok, so I'll throw in "artificial" in front of chemicals ya silly geese. Cue more silliness about the word artificial.

Dracil on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Squall wrote: »

just an observation!

And you're just floating around dropping it wherever you like. What about the defenseless children?
    PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

c'est la vie

• Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:

Well we do deprive livestock of their natural grass and feed them lots of "healthy" grains to fatten them up. Maybe that's why the emphasis on eating grains is correlated nicely with our obesity rates.

Ok, so I'll throw in "artificial" in front of chemicals ya silly geese. Cue more silliness about the word artificial.

Uh, I'm not the one being silly here.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    dru why are you always so grumpy

poo
  • Options
    it's all these chemicals
    ugh!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options