As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Move around and stop eating that crap [Weight Loss and Fitness]

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    not me though
    i'm better than the average person because i'm voting for Ron Paul

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i just put my e-mail in to request an invite at fitocracy. how long does it usually take?

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    i just put my e-mail in to request an invite at fitocracy. how long does it usually take?
    how fast can you click this link? http://www.fitocracy.com/group/3187/
    as fingers i'd expect PRETTY DARN FAST

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    so is barefoot treadmill running a thing
    i just tried it but stopped after ten minutes because i felt like i might get blisters if i do too much too soon

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Does dancing around your office for half an hour until you're huffing like a fat person count as exercise?

I think it should.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote: »
    Does dancing around your office for half an hour until you're huffing like a fat person count as exercise?

I think it should.

hell ya
    anything that gets the heart pumping
    dancing around like that is basically a fun version of aerobics!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Margarazzi wrote: »

I think it should.

hell ya
    anything that gets the heart pumping
    dancing around like that is basically a boring version of sex!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

nah here's the invite code for new sign ups, puts you in the SE++ group http://ftcy.co/t1YuXL

poo
  • Options
    i just tried it but stopped after ten minutes because i felt like i might get blisters if i do too much too soon

socks?

poo
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    fitocracy hates me and wont let me log in.

I reset my password, and it then makes me choose a username and email, and then tells me it's already in use! no shit it's already in use, I just logged in with it!

• Options
    there

now it works you can all watch me fat and then skinny

• Options
    it's....fine enough to do? i don't know, i'm not a huge fan of it personally....at high speeds the belt just seems to be moving MUCH faster than the ground actually moves when i run, the texture they put on it is difficult to manage....if you're going slow it should be fine though i think

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I wore my thingers on the treadmill at the gym because it is balls cold here and I am a giant baby annnnnd it was totally fine for me! I wasn't booking it, though, just trotting along at 4.2 mph so I could still adequately dance to my music.

Actually this was the first time I'd been on a treadmill since I went to Korea and started jogging semi-regularly and it turns out that dancing a little as you jog on the street is fine, but on the treadmill it becomes surprisingly risky.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish I could run.

Running looks fun.

• Options
    I wore my thingers on the treadmill at the gym because it is balls cold here and I am a giant baby annnnnd it was totally fine for me! I wasn't booking it, though, just trotting along at 4.2 mph so I could still adequately dance to my music.

Actually this was the first time I'd been on a treadmill since I went to Korea and started jogging semi-regularly and it turns out that dancing a little as you jog on the street is fine, but on the treadmill it becomes surprisingly risky.
    i'd HOPE you would do fine with vibrams on a treadmill

but 4.2 mph? pfftt...pick up the pace, MAGGOT!!!!!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I knoooooooow, but I'm so laaaaazyyyy and I didn't want to hurt myself in my new shooooes

I did it on an incline, does that count??

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Sandra was the inspiration for that OK GO video.

• Options
    I knoooooooow, but I'm so laaaaazyyyy and I didn't want to hurt myself in my new shooooes

I did it on an incline, does that count??
    didn't want to hurt yourself? what are you, a girl!??!?!!?!

srsly though, if you're new to them then yeah it's a good idea to just go slow and short distance until you aren't a sucky loser anymore

see you in a few years

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Literally never going to stop being a sucky loser

If I did my friends wouldn't recognize me and all I'd have is my fame from that OK GO video, and I'd wind up like what's-her-face in the end of Sunset Boulevard.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    DorkmanDorkman Registered User regular
    Can I get some opinions on a decent breakfast, mainly oatmeal options.

I have been trying some instant oatmeals because frankly, they are better then the foods I usually eat. However I am finding them incredibly sweet. Is there any other good options besides Quaker Oats? I have tried pre making real oatmeal, but when I microwave it the next morning it tends to be exceedingly mushy, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Any advice?

Poke Black 2 FC: 0390 6923 7158
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    There's plenty of different hot cereals out there that aren't the instant Quaker crap that's got a buttload of sugar added. Flax seed, triticale, barley, wheat, rye, etc. They won't be instant, but if you don't have time to simmer a hot cereal for 10 min or so, I don't know what to tell you.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not that I'm shilling for them, but here's just one example of a company that makes a range of whole grain hot breakfast cereals.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/Cereals

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Dorkman wrote:

I have been trying some instant oatmeals because frankly, they are better then the foods I usually eat. However I am finding them incredibly sweet. Is there any other good options besides Quaker Oats? I have tried pre making real oatmeal, but when I microwave it the next morning it tends to be exceedingly mushy, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Any advice?

Both Full Circle and Publix brand have unflavored instant oatmeals that I like. Just add some fruit or sweeten to taste or what have you.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Dorkman wrote:

Any advice?

Don't bother pre-making real oatmeal- you can make it in the microwave that morning and it comes out tasting great! Just zap a half a cup of real oats (not the instant kind) with a cup of milk (water if you want to do it WRONG) for about three minutes. Just make sure you use a big enough bowl so it doesn't boil over. I usually chop up a banana in there, adds just the right amount of sweetness.

• Options
    fitocracy won't let me log in. Fuck that site.

• Options
    why wont it log in

i've never had any problems with it

poo
  • Options
    bye bye linear gains :(

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    I don't know. Keeps giving me incorrect password and when I try to reset it says invalid email. And they just sent me an email 2 seconds ago!

• Options
    and now they asked me to finish registering and it reset all my crap that I already put in there

• Options
    are you sure you didn't originally login with facebook or runkeeper or something? if so, you have to always login that way

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    May I recommend ignoring sensible approaches and burning the motherfucker down?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    beast im so hungrrryyyy its not noooon yet

poo
  • Options
    Nope, I dont like linking services together... I just restarted. If it fucks up again I'm done.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    May I recommend ignoring sensible approaches and burning the motherfucker down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iHW4kYn0kY

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Confession: I ate White Castle on Monday night.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Wooo, vacation over, and my new stationary bike was delivered.

Time to get cycly up in this bitch.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    just signed up for Fitocracy, thanks for the link, Shaz!

Gonna go for a walk on my lunchbreak so I have *something* to record, I hate looking at all those 0s.

• Options
    beast im so hungrrryyyy its not noooon yet
    i'm pretty used to it, the first week i was struggling but since then i really don't notice it until lunchtime

ie: you are a pansy, man up

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    it was a gym day so i was 2x as hungry

it's fine on not gym days

then i ate a big ass lunch and it was good

also i used to be a 4 eggs and bacon for breakfast person so

poo
This discussion has been closed.