As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is now a new [STEAM] thread to post in

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    haha i was about to ask WTF is cogs and then checked my steam list
    i own cogs

:\

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I thought Casa Nostra was some pizza place that I'd never heard of before.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I thought Casa Nostra was some pizza place that I'd never heard of before.
    In a way it is.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:
    haha i was about to ask WTF is cogs and then checked my steam list
    i own cogs

:\

You want an extra?!?!

I'm really not even sure how/why I have an extra... maybe the HIB?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Some day I'll get rid of that copy of HL2 Episode 1

Some day

• Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    But can I trade this drink I just poured for Sniper Elite?

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Just finished up The Witcher 2 tonight. Awesome game, going to have to play it again to see different arcs. Now to play something that's not so in depth for a while though.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    So I guess since people with Red Orchestra get 20% off Red Orchestra 2, I and other people like me who have the original can gift it to people who want RO2 but who don't own RO, right? Anyone want to do that?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So I guess since people with Red Orchestra get 20% off Red Orchestra 2, I and other people like me who have the original can gift it to people who want RO2 but who don't own RO, right? Anyone want to do that?

This is likely, and I might call on you for just this, since I'm waiting on my next paycheck to prepurchase.

At least it worked like this for the QuakeCon pack, so I don't see why it wouldn't now.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    We knew this Steam trading thing was coming because of those strings on the translation server, but I was kinda expecting it to take a while longer before seeing it available.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    So are the QuakeCon TF2 items available for purchase through Mann Co. yet? I really wanted to get that rocket launcher from ordering Quake 4, but I was not prepared to pay $20 for a game that I can absolutely wait for a good sale on just for a TF2 item.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    So are the QuakeCon TF2 items available for purchase through Mann Co. yet? I really wanted to get that rocket launcher from ordering Quake 4, but I was not prepared to pay $20 for a game that I can absolutely wait for a good sale on just for a TF2 item.
    Yes. They patched that in today.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Peewi wrote:
    We knew this Steam trading thing was coming because of those strings on the translation server, but I was kinda expecting it to take a while longer before seeing it available.

All I have in my inventory is TF2 vendor trash, but it's an interesting idea. I'm sure someone will think of a reason to nerd rage about it, though.

Edit: Maybe I'm missing it, but an option to filter out stuff that isn't tradable seems like a really useful idea.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    Bullio wrote:
    Yes. They patched that in today.

Awesome, rocket launcher get! And I seem to actually be doing well with it so far, though that may have to do with my...zen-like state right now.

After playing Quake this evening, TF2 feels ssssooooo sssslllloooooowwwww.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Tycho

How do you tag people? Right-clicking on them just gives me the usual Copy, Paste, etc, but no "Tag as..." option.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Did you opt into the beta?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Yes, I figured it out. Tagging only works in that separate little Friends window (that I never use), but not when you right-click on someone on your Community friends list.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote:

The combination of that with the pic in your signature is pretty cool, like a PSA about Steam Trading (in my mind the 'you' is all caps)

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Dawn of War II Retribution is half off at Gamersgate today. Steamworks game.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Now if Dawn of War II Gold Edition would just go on sale someplace. Need me some original campaigns.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lost-Planet-2-PC-Game-Steam-Powered-Activation-Key-/280712823293?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item415bc9c1fd
    In case anyone wanted a copy of Lost Planet 2 for some jawesome coop action.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Rock of Ages is looking better and better. Opposing players each get a "Tower Defense" phase and a "Roll Shit Over" phase to break down the opponent's castle wall while protecting their own.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MslZ6snbcdo&feature=relmfu

Okay, this next trailer is fucking hilarious.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Man that game looks so fantastic. I WANT TO ROCK AND ROLL.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Now if Dawn of War II Gold Edition would just go on sale someplace. Need me some original campaigns.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lost-Planet-2-PC-Game-Steam-Powered-Activation-Key-/280712823293?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item415bc9c1fd

That's a great price but I have way too many games to get through already.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote:

Thats not a very good reason at all. Especially considering Lost Planet 2 goes on sale half as often as never, and always for a terrible price.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ParielPariel Registered User regular
    OK, if I buy a Painkiller game, it should be Black, right?

• Options
    Big Isy wrote:

Thats not a very good reason at all. Especially considering Lost Planet 2 goes on sale half as often as never, and always for a terrible price.

Are you Drake, in disguise?! :lol:
    Fine, bought.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Pariel wrote:
    OK, if I buy a Painkiller game, it should be Black, right?
    Yes. The others are terrible, and not made by People Can Fly.

Entriech on
  • Options
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    8 bucks for Lost Planet 2 you say?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote:
    hmmmmmmmmmm

I bought it and I'm still waiting for my damn key. Guy is taking his sweet time.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    LP1 had its moments, but I wasn't really all that impressed by it, the final boss fight was poop from a butt, and the cinematics were kind of cringe inducing. Unless LP2 gets some rave reviews, I can't see myself buying it anytime soon.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Big Isy wrote:
    Hardtarget wrote:
    hmmmmmmmmmm

I bought it and I'm still waiting for my damn key. Guy is taking his sweet time.
    from the listing -
    "All Keys Delivered Within 24 Hours Via e-Bay Message Centre.(During Office Hours M-F 10-6)"
    he's in Britain. What time is it in Britain right now?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    @Hardtarget 5.40pm
    I'm assuming he's working or something. Hopefully it comes through tonight.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hardtarget wrote:
    so I seem to have started a bit of an argument vis a vis mirror's edge by saying it sucks big balls. I rented it for 360 back when it came out and as soon as it got shooty stopped playing cause the shootyness was terrible. so many people here are saying it's good and you can blow by that stuff that I figured maybe I should give it another look. Turns out it's 4.99 on Origin today so I caved and bought it... on origin. :\

Just to be clear, it's not that you can just blow past the guys shooting at you but the fact that it's much more fun to take them out in melee while hardly breaking stride (hint: judicious use of slow-mo can be awesome). My favorite combo was slide-kick --> slow-mo --> disarm. Although, just running away from them and using the chase as a pseudo-racing mechanic was a ton of fun, too.

Don't bother turning up the difficulty setting. Making bullets hurt more is the opposite of fun and the wrong kind of challenge for this style of gameplay.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    oh so speaking of Mirror's Edge I played it for a couple hours last night.

I totally forgot the other thing I didn't like about that game....

It makes me motion sick
    :(

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    If you guys pre-order Rock of Ages now you shave a dollar of the $10 purchase price. It looks like a really fun game.

Also, while I was looking through the Coming Soon tab I saw this and immediately jizzed in my pants. I'm gonna go get a towel...

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Daily deal is Beat Hazard at 75% off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    If you guys pre-order Rock of Ages now you shave a dollar of the $10 purchase price. It looks like a really fun game.

Also, while I was looking through the Coming Soon tab I saw this and immediately jizzed in my pants. I'm gonna go get a towel...

Wut.

I...I...

I swear that wasn't in the Coming Soon tab 2 days ago. I didn't even know that was in the works until now. Oh god, so many games in the next 6 months, and now none of the rest matter.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote:
    Daily deal is Beat ... off.

Hmm, tempting

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Signed up for trading beta.
    Now heres your chance guys. I've got my ubre rare gift copies of
    HL2
    HL2:Episode 1
    Portal

up for bid! hurry up! they might just sell out of these soon!
    *sigh*

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Any of you TF2 junkies think this stuff is worth anything?

I'd be super happy if I could trade myself into a Red Orchestra 2 pre-order.

This discussion has been closed.