As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is now a new [STEAM] thread to post in

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote:
    Anyone have any opinions on the Patrician series? A good trading sim sounds like fun right about now.

I like them a lot. IV is better than III, but they're both good. If you get IV, I'd probably get the expansion too because it is basically a big content patch to the main game.

On TF2 items, it appears the only things I have that might be worth something (probably not) are the Pipboy and the Poker Night at the Inventory items. I don't guess they are worth anything?

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Damn all of you geese. I just purchased Frozen Synapse.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Huh, a new jagged alliance game? Anyone know anything about it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Basically, you're looking at the following if you want to get anything significant in terms of monetary value worth of games

Severed Max Head
    Earbuds
    Soldier Medals
    Unusual Hats
    Big Kill
    Vintage Lugermorph

That's more or less it

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    ..Hmm, Is there actually anything in the Kalypso pack I want... ...I mean time of Shadow and Dungeons.. Tropico 3 I guess... Patrician IV? I dunno, I havent even played III yet. First Templar might be good for some lulz.

You need the Tropico 3 SuperPlusGood Edition that includes Absolute Power.
    I also just noticed that a demo for 4 is up...

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    The funny thing is the max head is ugly and stupid, as are almost all unusual hat effects.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Hmm, I want Frozen Synapse but don't want to pay $12. And I have this fancy Bills Hat for TF2.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    Hmm, I want Frozen Synapse but don't want to pay $12. And I have this fancy Bills Hat for TF2.

Frozen Synapse comes with 2 copies of the game; the other is giftable. So you'd be paying $6.25 and could trade the extra copy for something else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Everyone buy Tropico 3 Gold.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:

I'm your huckleberry.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    Basically, you're looking at the following if you want to get anything significant in terms of monetary value worth of games

Severed Max Head
    Earbuds
    Soldier Medals
    Unusual Hats
    Big Kill
    Vintage Lugermorph

That's more or less it

you forgot Bill's Hat

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    How much are the Soldier's medal worth anyways?

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    I have this fancy Bills Hat for TF2.
    A bills hat is worth 8 to 10 dollars. If you go to the Steam of SourceOP forums someone will absolutely trade you their second copy of Frozen Synapse. Make a post in the TF2 trading forums AND the Frozen Synapse forum. Good luck!

• Options
    What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    Lepwave wrote:
    Depends on the number. It is safe to say from 1 to 3 buds or 18 to 60 bucks.

• Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    captaink wrote:
    Everyone buy Tropico 3 Gold.

Did everyone buy it yet?
    Legitimate questions:
    Are any of their other games nearly as fantastic?
    Has anyone played the demo for 4? My download is apparently going to take forever but I worry it may be like the difference between Tropico 1 and 3.

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Lepwave wrote:

the highest numbered ones go for a bill's or so but they increase in value the lower the number goes.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Lepwave wrote:

the highest numbered ones go for a bill's or so but they increase in value the lower the number goes.

Mine is in the 9k area, not bad considering all I did was click a link.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm still kinda sad that the one day I didn't check the TF2 thread that often, the medals happened. And then I stopped playing it for a few years

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So Taranis is a cool dude and traded me Frozen Synapse for my purpley Bills Hat, and Frozen Synapse is sitting in my gifts instead of my library for some reason. Do I email it to myself or is there a thing I should be doing here?

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    There should be an option for "unbox gift." That's how it worked for me, though I did it when looking at my inventory.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    ParielPariel Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Pariel wrote:
    $75 for a TF2 item? The world is full of crazy people.

Also, this headwear does absolutely nothing. I am extra confused. I think this is why I can't play TF2 anymore, it's all about items. I liked it better when getting any item at all was fun.

I've seen a hat sold for $2000 once.

I call shens. I fully believe someone said they'd pay $2,000, but I don't believe they paid it. I will refuse to believe regardless of any proof, because that itbatshit insane.
    Maddoc wrote:

Its not hard to ignore the item stuff and just enjoy the game. The base weapons and early additions are still some of the better weapons in the game, and hats are just decorative, so you aren't at any real disadvantage.

Really need to stress this

Everyone except Pyro is perfectly viable or actually preferable with their default weapons

I get that, but when everyone else is filling the chat window/voip with questions and comments about items, I get bored, because I don't really have any.

I may give it a shot when I get back to school; I think my roommate still plays quite a bit.

Pariel on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    YESSS

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    33.96$ huh.. Course I havent even played ROI so I don't even know why I'd bother with ROII at that price. Better off just buying stuff out of the kalypso deal.
    RO2 isn't like, a continuation of the story in Red Orchestra or anything like that. It's more like BF1942 and BF2: It's a sequel because it's an evolution of the original game's formula. There's no need to have played the first to enjoy the second.

• Options
    There should be an option for "unbox gift." That's how it worked for me, though I did it when looking at my inventory.

That did it thanks.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    33.96$ huh.. Course I havent even played ROI so I don't even know why I'd bother with ROII at that price. Better off just buying stuff out of the kalypso deal.
    RO2 isn't like, a continuation of the story in Red Orchestra or anything like that. It's more like BF1942 and BF2: It's a sequel because it's an evolution of the original game's formula. There's no need to have played the first to enjoy the second.

I think I should expand in that I had no interest in the first. Not just a worry about story, so much as the original just seemed like... I dunno, I'd be better off play Arma?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Not really. Aside from the aspect of realism, they're quite different games.

• Options
    While all the cool kids are doin it, here's my trading fortress 2 backpack.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/Skuttie

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I think the only thing I really have are the Holy Handgrenades. :(

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Lumbricus Lid is worth a decent amount as well, actually.

Not as much as the others mentioned, but it's another one of the "promo only can't obtain anymore" items.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Man, all this TF2 hat talk is confusing. I just don't get the appeal outside of the few items with some kind of effect. I don't even know what I have other than the Treasure Hat and the Summer reward items.

• Options
    Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    I'd appreciate more entries into my gifting of Frozen Synapse contest.

Looking for people to suggest forum members for me to gift the game to. Only rule is you cannot suggest yourself.

signature goes here
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    This Calypso sale is sorely testing me. I want games that I will not play right now and may very well never play.

I've been so strong lately. Ugh.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    I had no idea that I was sitting on a goldmine. I don't play TF2, but I have Max's Severed Head and the Vintage Lugermorph.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gregalor/inventory/

*cough* I enjoy money and video games *cough*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    And a Big kill too. All 3 of those are supposedly really rare. You ARE sitting on a goldmine.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm guessing none of these are worth much of anything?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rosscourt/inventory/

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Alright Steam thread, I have a big recommendation for those who enjoy leaderboard-chasing :)

Who's That Flying?!
    ss97a45db7326f24f7143c0.jpg

The gameplay itself is slick as all hell. Your avatar, Guardian of Earth, is himself invincible, but it's your duty to stop the Ravagers from passing the left side of the screen and onto devouring the city. This means that if you're not blasting away at enemies (with 3 stages of power-up) you're getting in their faces and exploding them (doing area damage). So far I'm 3 areas in (with 3 stages each, the final one ending with a huge boss) with quite amount of variation in baddies, and the bigger ones doing screen-wipe damage in a big-ass explosion.

In short, it's fucking awesome.

Points are tallied up by how many kills you get, how few monsters you let pass into the city and, in the final stage, how quickly you kill the final boss, so there's plenty of avenues for getting your points maximised when you take into account chain shots/combos etc.

The style is just brilliant, with the animations being slick and fast-paced to keep up with the action and thick black boarders surrounding the characters to give it a comic book feel.

The cutscenes in between areas are actually pretty funny too (not laugh-out-loud, but each council member is named after a planet so they're pretty quick to include Uranus jokes with a rim-shot, so I feel it's heading in the right direction), so the whole package just feels polished to a brilliant sheen.

And it's only US$2.03, at 66% off.

US$2.03
    66% off

So buy this game, add me as a friend (Steam ID: teemandamet) and let's chase some motherfuckin' leaderboards!! :D

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So to buy darkstar one I have to get Patrician 3 and the great art race or I pay $6 more? Curse you Steam!

I don't know anything about sim games. Other than that I played sim city as a child and godzilla always attacked before a tornado would wreck my town. If I assume all sim games are like that... wait a second, that would be awesome.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    They are really just saving you from yourself.

Darkstar isn't very good.

• Options
    eh, I need a fly around in a spaceship shooting things game

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Go find a cheap copy of freelancer.

Or go get freespace1+2 from gog.

This discussion has been closed.