As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Plok [chat]

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2011
    Thomamelas wrote:
    I was always very partial to the America stories. Really most of the stories that make up the Democracy arcs are pretty good.

Yeah, those are some of the best. I love the politics of Dredd's city. The two best Mayors the city ever had were an orang-utan called Dave and the mass murderer PJ Maybee.

Bogart on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    You will buy the thing. You will mash the buttons. You will order the replacement mouse. It is inevitable.

Nah I think I'm done with blizzard, I have no inclination to play WoW again, and diablo 3 looks to have a lot of things I don't like and only one thing I do (the monks return). Too many fun games I've got preordered already no need to get one I'll only sort of enjoy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I was at a bouncy castle 21st last week.

pro-tip: however much alcohol you normally drink at a party, drink half of that. The amount of people who drank their fill, went for a bounce and then needed to lie down was hilarious.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 0.08
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 0.08 CR
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 6.20
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 6.20 CR

The heck?

That looks like a paypal verification, or some other system where they make a couple of small deposits and withdrawals, and then ask you to report the value to verify you have access to the account.

ronya wrote:
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 0.08
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 0.08 CR
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 6.20
    08 Aug 11 AN ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT 6.20 CR

The heck?

Call the bank?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Oh, right. Yeah, probably Paypal; there is a Paypal charge right before it.

aRkpc.gif
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    The frustrations are clear. And yet, E.Y.E. has that "it" factor, a product of its dingy ambience, its big levels, and its insistence on letting you do it your own way, come hell or high water. Its ambition extends beyond these qualities, however, and into its multiplayer support. Your progress is persistent, so the levels you achieve and the skills you earn are carried over into online matches. The game supports up to 32 players in a cooperative game, and you can play stand-alone missions this way, or the entire campaign. Large co-op missions are interesting, but they don't feel truly cooperative as much as a shared map in which everyone is doing their own thing. They do, however, fit nicely with the ambience. In certain levels, you hear distant gunfire and witness factions trading fire with each other, even when playing on your own. Seeing these conflicts take place involving real players adds to the excitement. The most fascinating and more challenging way to play is with a few others, however, planning out your strategies and using your powers creatively. Use cloaking to flank monsters. Protect your hacker from alien attack. Spread out and search for all those hidden teleportation devices. Have a sniper leap to high ground and take down soldiers from afar, while a stealthy assassin jams a syringe into their unsuspecting backsides. Missions that aggravate you when you're on your own, such as the final showdown, are hugely entertaining when you have buddies at your side playing with completely different toys.

I almost feel like I should buy this game.

*waves hand*

You will buy E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy.

You will play co op with me and some of the other PAers.

You will enjoy it.

I inadvertently joined the final mission last night and to get to the check point you have to make this insanely difficult jump. Of course, I never made it and thought that maybe I was just a nub and couldn't do it. But apparently, that's one of those weird ass issues that those crazy French bastards didn't catch.

Also there's a "short cut' at the beginning of the game that takes about 10 minutes to get through versus just going in guns blazing.

*whimper* I really really shouldn't.

So has nobody actually finished the game yet?

Oh yeah. However, there's a "true ending" that no one has figured out how to get yet and everyone hopes that it helps bring the story together.

At the moment its just this huge obtuse ... thing and you don't know if it's all a dream, the matrix, the internet, or what. Shit happens. You're involved in a civil war with your group who are also at war with the government who are also at war with an invasion of metasomethingsomething animals.

You can also get your ass to mars.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    You know I think the thing that kills my interest for d3 outside of the RMA is that they are even bothering to do pvp, I can't imagine how that'll be fun in a loot piniata game, but I admit I'm hella carebear, I even do the stare.

I think the thing that kills it for me is that diablo isn't fun.

Have at ye!

I'll admit it does play into it. Like I enjoy Borderlands outside of just looking for more loot, because its fun to run around shooting dudes with guns that explode, or tossing out my murder bird and watching him fly around and eat enemies.

Click click click, snooze. At least dungeon siege 3 had dodging and stuff so you didn't just feel like you were mashing you attack buttons.

I think I've only made it through the first and second acts (maybe not even the second) because I got sick as fuck of all the shitting clicking.

People kept on going all "OMG BUT THE LOOT YOU HAVE TO GET THE LOOT" which just sounds like WoW levels of addiction to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obNIeg2EHDU

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    IKEA forgot to include the bag of screws and shit. So we have to drive back. I am going to have eaten so many hot dogs today.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Bogart wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    I was always very partial to the America stories. Really most of the stories that make up the Democracy arcs are pretty good.

Yeah, those are some of the best. I love the politics of Dredd's city. The two best Mayors the city ever had were an orang-utan called Dave and the mass murderer PJ Maybee.

Yeah, Dread is an amazing example of world building. There is a lot of richness and detail in that universe.

Thomamelas on
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    IKEA forgot to include the bag of screws and shit. So we have to drive back. I am going to have eaten so many hot dogs today.

Shit like that is why I'll just pay more for real furniture. Putting together crap is something I put up there with getting raped by a bear.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Daxon wrote:
    Btw, Sheep, I started reinstalling TF2 20 mins ago.. got another 37%, then it'll be playable..

Well kinda, my computer is complete shit.

In fact this morning starting up was super slow and I got a few memory errors (though having just woken up I was uber sleepy and didn't write down what they said before clicking ok)

There's a site that has config files to basically make TF2 run like butter on most systems. I'll try to find it for ya.

Sheep wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Btw, Sheep, I started reinstalling TF2 20 mins ago.. got another 37%, then it'll be playable..

In fact this morning starting up was super slow and I got a few memory errors (though having just woken up I was uber sleepy and didn't write down what they said before clicking ok)

There's a site that has config files to basically make TF2 run like butter on most systems. I'll try to find it for ya.

Oh nice :D

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It's lucky French Girl said it was too early for drinking when I proposed furniture whiskeys.

edited August 2011
    Daxon on
    Also, IKEA wasn't selling beer today. But they had opened their new resturarant. The food looked pretty good, and it was cheap. Like ~five euros for a big plate of delicious. The problem is that five euros will also buy me ten hotdogs. NO DICE RESTAURANT. NOT TODAY MY GOD MAN.

Daxon wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

Oh nice :D

Shwa!

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Hmm...if the company I'm temping at secures a contract that we're likely to secure, I might just have a permanent position in the works! Won't know until the end of the month, though...but man making an actual salary with (gasp!) benefits would be an insanely good change for me.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hurk why did I bother posting in that thread? oh me oh my.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote:
    Is it a good idea to track down all Judge Dredd and start reading from the beginning?

You don't have to track them down, because they're about halfway through reprinting his complete adventures in nicely bound collected editions. Some of his stuff is ok, and there are periods when it isn't very good (the Mark Millar years were bad), but there are numerous incredible stories, lots of them within the first few years. The Cursed Earth Saga, the Judge Child, Block War, the Apocalypse War, City of the Damned, etc. Satire, violence, social commentary and great gags. I love Dredd.

So snagging something like this would be a good way to start?

I'm very tempted.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Shit like that is why I'll just pay more for real furniture. Putting together crap is something I put up there with getting raped by a bear.

Bears and rape, huh. I think that's my cue.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

I have an idea for a show I really want to pitch at some point:

Get a pair of newlyweds, and give them a piece of furniture to assemble together. Then, film it.

Season 2, they would get an instruction manual with deliberate errors.

Season 3, there wouldn't be enough of some pieces, and too many of others.

I think I'm just going to call it "Divorce!"

Thanatos on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Once I buy a place, the first thing Im doing is torching all my pressed board IKEA bullshit furinture

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cP-1kC3So

Thanatos wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Get a pair of newlyweds, and give them a piece of furniture to assemble together. Then, film it.

Yeah or "Spousal Abuse" I think it would be huge on reddit apparently.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Thanatos wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

I have put together furniture with my girlfriend twice and it's never escalated to a proper argument, just the occasional set of terse words followed by laughter. I think neither of us are very good at fighting.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

Rick Perry ain't going anywhere. He's too extreme for most of America to accept.
    Do me a favor, and please try not to display quite so much hubris with regards to the upcoming election.

I really don't want to see the country go down in a flaming wreck just because the universe felt the need to see you get your comeuppance.

what

It's called tempting fate.

Rick Perry is gonna get mouth fucked in New Hampshire and Iowa and that will be the end of him.

Disagree. He's going to rock NH and pick Romney as his running mate when it's all over.
    Is there a NH poll with Perry even in it? Because the last one I could find was from mid-July, and had Romney thirty points ahead of Bachmann.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Firaxis took a year to put the ability to manually save a multiplayer game in Civ V

man

it's not even like it required a mass of new code, the ability to automatically save was already there. There was just no UI to manually save a game. o_O

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    Embedding disabled by request. REQUEST OF A DICK!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

HERE IS A BAG WITH $ALL IN IT!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    "Oh joy an allen wrench, I love these things." Something no one has ever said in earnest ever.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I wonder why people disable embedding? Is it because they want their viewcounter to go up?

Allen wrench sounds likes a sex act.

A really boring sex act.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Also, IKEA wasn't selling beer today. But they had opened their new resturarant. The food looked pretty good, and it was cheap. Like ~five euros for a big plate of delicious. The problem is that five euros will also buy me ten hotdogs. NO DICE RESTAURANT. NOT TODAY MY GOD MAN.

What a glorious continent you live on.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Allen wrench sounds likes a sex act.

A really boring sex act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIXnhjSnM8

Tegan and Sara have pretty good videos. Also, I like that despite their being twins, there is a pretty one and a less pretty one. If only one of them was musical, then that would be perfect for me.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

What a glorious continent you live on.

its ikea so the beer is probably ligonberry flavored

Who pooped on your party Mojo_Jojo? Who?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715327/rage-behind-the-scenes-sound-design-trailer-features-john-goodman/

I love these little videos they are doing for rage. So psyched for this game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.