As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Plok [chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I love CoD.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Tribes, Tribes 2, Tribes Vengeance = good shooters

Also America's Army = haven't played it in a while but was alot of fun and free.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Winkyyyyyy.

Me, you, fisticuffs, via blazblue!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    Tonight we finally go to see Captain America. Hopefully it will be awesome.

Here's a flag, a gun, and a can of Bud Light.

Tonight, you walk in the footsteps of George Washington himself.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    I love CoD.

OH FUCK IT'S A BRO.

EVERYONE COWER.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty much stuck in the 90s when it comes to shooters.

So you hate aim?

Goldeneye: The game where you turn towards them and nail on the trigger hoping the auto aim gets you a kill.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'll give you Tribes and Tribes 2, but Vengeance is iffy. I have high hopes for the new tribes.

Also when the fucking hell is Natural Selection 2 coming out?

Inquisitor wrote:
    Winkyyyyyy.

Me, you, fisticuffs, via blazblue!

Let's do it.

My xbox live account may or may not be working. If it is I'll be on AJAlkaline, if it's not I'll be on MenialMocha[some numbers]. I'll send the invite to you.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I need to buy and put together a desk tonight.

I think I found my perfect one: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/226059/Disney-Chair-Desk-14-12-H/

My god that is adorable.

Someday I'll have a kid and I'll have a socially acceptable reason to buy things with fairies and princesses on them.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    JebusUD wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastion, mori

Bastion was Aweeeesommmmeeee
    it's one of the best games I've ever played

I wish I could forget it and play it some more

New Game Plus. Has replay value.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    I got a whole, whole lot more fun out of CoD than Halo or TF2. The only FPS that really competes, in my mind, is Bad Company 2.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastionBulletstorm, mori

Nerd's right. I'm playing Bulletstorm right now and it's fun how creative you can get with kills.

You know, I might actually give this a shot. The demo looked awesome as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QuE36_hZuE

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    JebusUD wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    JebusUD wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastion, mori

Bastion was Aweeeesommmmeeee
    it's one of the best games I've ever played

I wish I could forget it and play it some more

New Game Plus. Has replay value.

I'm almost done with that, too

it's not the same as experiencing it for the first time

Organichu wrote:
    I got a whole, whole lot more fun out of CoD than Halo or TF2. The only FPS that really competes, in my mind, is Bad Company 2.

I have been pining for some good ol' Battlefield lately.

Mostly because I want to fly a chopper so bad.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    desc wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:
    Tonight we finally go to see Captain America. Hopefully it will be awesome.

Here's a flag, a gun, and a can of Bud Light.

Tonight, you walk in the footsteps of George Washington himself.

Hmm. Maybe not...

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote:
    I say the best fps is cowboys vs indians.

Terrible hit detection though. I swear everytime it's like - Hey! I shot that guy! but he's all "nope" then shoots me.

That is when you shout "hax" and run to tell your admin (dad). Or you punch them really hard.

Melee is OP - just like every FPS

sig.gif
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Nerd's right. I'm playing Bulletstorm right now and it's fun how creative you can get with kills.

You should still just get Bastion, though.

Damn fine game.

I'll tell you what: I'll narrate what I'm doing as I play Bulletstorm. That's value added.

Inquisitor wrote:
    I'll give you Tribes and Tribes 2, but Vengeance is iffy. I have high hopes for the new tribes.

Also when the fucking hell is Natural Selection 2 coming out?

I actually only played the demo for Vengeance but enjoyed it (give me a jetpack and a sniper rifle and I can't not love everything).

• NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:

I think I found my perfect one: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/226059/Disney-Chair-Desk-14-12-H/

My god that is adorable.

Someday I'll have a kid and I'll have a socially acceptable reason to buy things with fairies and princesses on them.

Unless you have a boy :P

spool32 wrote:
    The main reason I like single player is that everyone on the internet is a raging dick.

It's definitely not just me, you fucking n00b. L2P, jesus.

I always join xbox party chat. Then I only have to deal with the occasional rage message because everyone hates when you are better than them at a game.

XBL claims I have an 80% avoid rate with people who rate me. Luckily most of them hit the player skill one instead of something stupid. Apparently I have 5% for trash talk, but I never leave party chat.

People be dumb.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    JebusUD wrote:
    I'm pretty much stuck in the 90s when it comes to shooters.

So you hate aim?

Goldeneye: The game where you turn towards them and nail on the trigger hoping the auto aim gets you a kill.

Did I stumble into G&T?

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:

We have this area of our building dedicated to like, showcasing our coolest projects for when we have people come visit. Anyways, there's this round meeting room without a table in it, just these little lime green chairs with desks attached to them like that, they're absolutely hideous.

Yeah,not really gonna get that one. I want a real desk. The question is whether or not I go for the $30 or $60 staples one. Or go to Office Depot and get something a little 'classier'. I figure they'll all be pieces of shit unless I spend $200+.

I lucked out and got a pretty nice one from an office building that was being demolished, it was just a hassle to transport since it's fairly large. I'm kinda worried about eventually moving because on top of the hassle of just moving generally large stuff, there are now several pieces of furniture that I've built in my room that I know will not actually fit out my door

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    I mean, all I'm saying is CoD is the most realistic shooter, nerds hate it... sports games (sports being a real activity)- nerds hate 'em.

Do nerds only like stuff that is so cartoonish and fantastical that it isn't really simulating anything? It's just inventing something?

Organichu wrote:

Halo was fun till halo 2.

Just cant imagine playing a shooter in which you can't run anymore. I gotsta run free.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    I can't 100% enjoy a shooter unless I have a keyboard and mouse. Xbox/PS3 controllers are so not my cup of tea when it comes to shooting mans.

Organichu wrote:
    I mean, all I'm saying is CoD is the most realistic shooter, nerds hate it... sports games (sports being a real activity)- nerds hate 'em.

Do nerds only like stuff that is so cartoonish and fantastical that it isn't really simulating anything? It's just inventing something?

Why you gotta be a dick, Chu? Why can't you just let me have my ultra violence and flying rocket blasts and lightning guns and jetpacks.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Winky wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

You should still just get Bastion, though.

Damn fine game.

I'll tell you what: I'll narrate what I'm doing as I play Bulletstorm. That's value added.
    nooo

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Apparently my friend's apartment has fallen under some sort of ancient biblical curse. There are tons of cicadas invading his space, and his cats keep killing and eating them, leaving discarded cicada bits everywhere. He was about to leave to grab lunch and he stepped on one of the bugs and ants began coming out of the cracked shell.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Can someone please adopt me.

Organichu wrote:

COD is a simulation like Burnout is a driving simulation.

BC2 gives off a more simulation vibe.

Jumping around corners though bullets with two golden shotguns, not simulation.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

You need a passable team to have fun in Halo often. I am entirely too good at both games after telling myself I was done being a scrub, and a good team can make or break your halo experience regardless of how well you personally do.

But in CoD you can be a one man wrecking crew going predator, harrier, chopper gunner boom boom. Or that little drivey car in BOPs if you want to be a dickhole.

I can't 100% enjoy a shooter unless I have a keyboard and mouse. Xbox/PS3 controllers are so not my cup of tea when it comes to shooting mans.

I haven't KBAM'ed it since UT2k4.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    God that parody video is great.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    heh
    Apparently everyone has the right to choices, except the child in this case. I responded that parental choice is in fact limited by child protection laws, that children have independent rights of their own, and are owed a minimum standard of appropriate medical care. On this basis I believe that using homeopathy in substitution for science-based medical care is neglectful.

Commenter “Dr. MOM HD” disagrees with me

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    COD4 had a good story and good gameplay. I never played it online.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I didn't care much for Modern Warfare but I loved bulletstorm.... guess I'm a nerd *shrug*

sig.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nerissa wrote:
    Feral wrote:

My god that is adorable.

Unless you have a boy :P

Oh, I'm not going to tell anybody my child's sex.

I'm going to name them something androgynous. I'm thinking Rain.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote:
    desc wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastion, mori

I'm getting all fired up for Bastion. I hope it lives up to my hopes a d dreams of charmingness.

Worth all 1200 fantasy bucks

It's out in 5 days or so for PC. the last thing I need is Another Video Game, but nonetheless I must have it.

Organichu wrote:

Why you gotta be a dick, Chu? Why can't you just let me have my ultra violence and flying rocket blasts and lightning guns and jetpacks.

Man, people will call me a frat/bro/'impressed by a big budget' moron for liking CoD or a sports game? I am just wondering out loud about this pattern I'm observing. Not trying to be particularly mean.

Can someone please adopt me.

Do you like furniture with fairies and princesses on them?

This discussion has been closed.