• Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    KTWEAT
    AW

ask zen

it has seriously been one of my pet peeves for the longest time

do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I joined this thread just to leave whoops later jack

• Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    Faynor wrote:
    KTWEAT
    AW

ask zen

it has seriously been one of my pet peeves for the longest time

I actually do it out of habit since if a Dude invites me I assume I know all the other Dudes in the game and inform them all at once that i am a cum goblin for not playing video games.

League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    So apparently season 2 has a combined 5 million dollar prize pool.

Daaaaaamn. I wish I was good at video games. Looks like the competition between dota and lol is gonna take esports to the next level.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    moneywise yeah but that isn't the only thing that matters
    if it's boring to watch then zzzz

if philo stones and sustain supports aren't nerfed by the time my computer is fixed i'm going to shoot this kitten

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Nabbing 100k+ at once ain't bad

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    think of the kittens, riot!

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I mean it ain't not GSL but that's loads better than most

• Options
    My dick feels real big when I bear up on an enemy team and they run away from me

Aw year the bearcock's comin' fer ya

Best run away little doggies

• Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular

if philo stones and sustain supports aren't nerfed by the time my computer is fixed i'm going to shoot this kitten

I WANT to want to watch the broadcasts so badly. I can see the videos oozing with amazing performance and tips I can learn from.

But two minutes into every broadcast that Phreak is doing, I'm raging at my monitor. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU FOCUSING ON A GUY HITTING THE WRAITH CAMP, THERE'S A FUCKING 2V2 BATTLE GOING ON FOR LIKE 20 SECONDS DOWN BOT. HOW THE FUCK DID YOU SCROLL AWAY FROM THAT SPOT WHEN YOU JUST SAW MAL APPROACHING A BADLY INJURED XIN AT HIS TOWER. HOW CAN IT BE SO FUCKING HARD TO JUST PUT YOUR CAMERA ANYWHERE YOU SEE GREEN AND RED CIRCLES OVERLAP?!

Yeah, then I just go play instead and keep being a baddy.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I don't know how I feel about dota2. I really like lol a bunch

• Options
    If dota2 is free to play I'll give it a shot. It looks nice and seems to have some interesting game modes.

• Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    LoL is a good game, but the fact that every players dont start with the same stats (runes, talent trees), the free flash and no denies are all gamebreakers for me. I'm not a huge fan of their hero designs too.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I hate denying

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Playing a melee character against a ranged character is made even more terrible when the ranged character can deny and you can't without getting a bunch of arrows in the face.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Cognisseur wrote:

I WANT to want to watch the broadcasts so badly. I can see the videos oozing with amazing performance and tips I can learn from.

But two minutes into every broadcast that Phreak is doing, I'm raging at my monitor. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU FOCUSING ON A GUY HITTING THE WRAITH CAMP, THERE'S A FUCKING 2V2 BATTLE GOING ON FOR LIKE 20 SECONDS DOWN BOT. HOW THE FUCK DID YOU SCROLL AWAY FROM THAT SPOT WHEN YOU JUST SAW MAL APPROACHING A BADLY INJURED XIN AT HIS TOWER. HOW CAN IT BE SO FUCKING HARD TO JUST PUT YOUR CAMERA ANYWHERE YOU SEE GREEN AND RED CIRCLES OVERLAP?!

Yeah, then I just go play instead and keep being a baddy.

You against learning how to jungle or something? ;-)

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Dadouw wrote:
    LoL is a good game, but the fact that every players dont start with the same stats (runes, talent trees), the free flash and no denies are all gamebreakers for me. I'm not a huge fan of their hero designs too.

I also hate choices and love bullshit mechanics that are no fun

their hero design could use some work, but they do alright when they aren't making a lady champ

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    campion you are the best person ever

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    its the glasses

thats what gets me

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    best sig yet, neal

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    SLyM wrote:
    Playing a melee character against a ranged character is made even more terrible when the ranged character can deny and you can't without getting a bunch of arrows in the face.

But ranged heroes have a much lower base damage and a much weaker quelling blade (+12% dmg against creeps compared to +32%), so basically buying quelling blade for your melee hero will fix your denying/last hitting problems while also giving you more jungling power and an interesting mechanic (tree chopping). Personally, I get that item all the time.

Denying isnt even that hardcore. In a regular game you might have like 7 denies top, 18 mid and 5 bot. After a certain point in the game no one will deny anymore, because its not that big of a deal. It gives you the chance to get a small advantage on your opponent if you outplay him, and that is a great thing.

Its not the most important thing in the game, but its there. The mechanic is available if you need it, and it adds depth to the gameplay.

And about melee heroes getting owned by ranged: thats why you have to think about your lanes and what heroes you want there. You should never put two melees together, mid/solo should be ranged, etc.
    A lot of melee heroes also have some pretty darn annoying mechanics for laning phases, which makes up for their lack of range. Take sandking for example, you can just level sandstorm, go in a pack of creeps, cast it and rest there for a minute. You'll get plenty of last hits and the enemy heroes (most probably one ranged and one melee) wont be able to push for shit. The hero that is laning with you should then take care of denying. If you're not a fan of sandstorm, you can just go for caustic final, which makes all your last hits/denies incredibly annoying for the enemy team.
    You can also just creep pull your dudes into the jungle if you're sentinel-bot or scourge-top, so you should always send your melees there to do that job. It forces the other team's creep to charge at your tower, and you then just have to kite them around the tower.

Thats why i feel like LoL is so casualized. They removed all those harder mechanics and replaced them with simple things like ''just play a while and get those runes, your champion will kick butts''. I'm not saying its a bad game, because its not! It just feels like it was designed to appeal to a much larger crowd of people. Not everyone has the patience to learn how to do everything correctly in dota. I can understand that. Its just that Dota works a lot better for me.

Dadouw on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you think runes are that big of a deal?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I was clear enough about creep pulling. Lately i've felt like im not as good at typing in english as I used to be, so heres a video showing how its done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nym_Cjcz7zk

Couldnt find a better one. Its incredibly easy to achieve, too. One of my friends who just started Dota (and who only played Diablo 2 and Soul Calibur in his life) has mastered that move in like 4 games.

• Options
    you think runes are that big of a deal?

When I played I felt like they were. Its enough to make the difference between a bad and a good jungler, which then gives the players with the better runes a distinct advantage in the game, a huge and early farming potential.

I used Cho'gath a lot, and when facing another cho'gath it was usually just a matter of ''which one of us has more runes'' or ''which one of us is deeper into his talent tree''. Obviously it wasnt me since I had played for only a couple of months. I'd even place better ruptures than them, but in the end they had a small edge that was enough to kick my ass, and that pissed me off.

And it was always the same deal when I wanted to try new heroes. I didnt have the runes for a specific hero type / build, and somebody on the other team did. GG no rm

• Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    Getting a generic set of runes that will work on like 90% of champions takes no time at all and can basically be had by the time you reach level 30. Pre level 30 games don't really matter anyway since everyone is learning and you can only play normal.

• Options
    Runes are not a big deal because everyone has the same potential stats. No matter what runes you pick you can't have more than 1 page worth. It just allows a little flexibility in your build and adds variety.

I can see your concern while leveling, but at 30 it seriously is a good thing. The game is balanced with the endgame in mind.

Denying is silly and counterintuitive.

I hear you on flash though.

• Options
    Reaching level 30 is a totally different story though

If i need to be level 30 to not have a hard time with runes, i still have to play a lot and not lose my games in order to get the most experience points i can. And I WILL lose a lot of games because I dont have the latest 6300 points hero with his full set of runes and his full talent tree.

I got tired of playing by the time I hit level 24. I had to save a crap ton of points (like 10k) in order to get my runes for ONE hero that I chose to play a lot and couldnt spend them on better and more entertaining heroes that I wouldnt even be able to play at their full potential because i'd need the right runes.

It may not be THAT big of a deal, but its still an effort that you have to do that doesnt feel rewarding at all because once you're done grinding for this you gotta grind for that etc etc etc

In dota I can just log on, play a game with any hero i want, then go to work or do whatever. I am not entitled to playing a lot and grinding for points.

• Options
    And again, im not saying its a bad game. I'm just saying that it differs too much from what I want from a MOBA.

• Options
    But the game mostly matches you with nearly even level opponents while you level. Also, a smart move is to pick generic runes that work for most champs at the start, then optimize later. Armor or mp5 yellows, cdr or mr/level blues, armor or magic penetration reds, health quints. Choose the melee or caster set there and you're golden for that champ type. A mix of these runes will work for basically anyone in the game unless you're trying to specialize with someone like jax and dodge runes.

You don't need to buy the latest guy to be competitive. Some of the most effective champs are the old 450s.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    rhylith wrote:
    But the game mostly matches you with nearly even level opponents while you level. Also, a smart move is to pick generic runes that work for most champs at the start, then optimize later. Armor or mp5 yellows, cdr or mr/level blues, armor or magic penetration reds, health quints. Choose the melee or caster set there and you're golden for that champ type. A mix of these runes will work for basically anyone in the game unless you're trying to specialize with someone like jax and dodge runes.

You don't need to buy the latest guy to be competitive. Some of the most effective champs are the old 450s.

I always played with friends because playing alone bored the shit out of me and I usually only had foul mouthed scums in my team, so i always ended up losing and not leveling at all.

So playing with my bros was the only way to get decent XP/points/fun, but thats when it got ugly with the runes since everyone and their mother was level 30 but me.

Now all my friends moved back to Dota, but i'd be willing to give this game one more try with you guys sometime.

Dadouw on
  • Options
    Oh ok yeah that does make a difference then. Making it easier for friends to introduce the game to new players is the one thing I wish riot would do.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    How does the team thing work in dota and hon, does everyone just learn both sides? Are there mirror champs?

• Options
    edited August 2011
    wow there's a new garen skin in the store and it's cool
    very adventurer-y

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It is SO cool

and manly

and dashing

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    HellaJeff wrote:
    How does the team thing work in dota and hon, does everyone just learn both sides? Are there mirror champs?

It's usually all pick I think. You can pick from all the heroes, but there can only be one player as each hero.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It is SO cool

and manly

and dashing

If you love rugged garen so much why don't you just MARRY him...

Actually no I call dibs HE'S MINE BACK OFF.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I saw him first! GAREN-POO YOO HOO OVER HERE

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hussies

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote:
    HellaJeff wrote:

It's usually all pick I think. You can pick from all the heroes, but there can only be one player as each hero.

oh wow. That kinda changes my opinion about the game a fair bit.

This discussion has been closed.