As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rick Parry is [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    I guess I'm lucky that I just don't really care very much about graphics. Aesthetics, yeah, but graphics, no. I can play pretty much anything but Wolfenstein and the Quake 1-era games.

It bothers me soooo much. Deus Ex is almost unplayable for me. I think last time I tried I was in a practice area and I got to a part with stealth and keypads or something... eventually I was just like, THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT and I quit.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    reinstalling deus ex because of you scrubs

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    I guess I'm lucky that I just don't really care very much about graphics. Aesthetics, yeah, but graphics, no. I can play pretty much anything but Wolfenstein and the Quake 1-era games.

Really, I wouldn't care so much about graphics on old games if they kept the same look but scaled to a resolution that's twice the size of the biggest monitors at the time it was made.

Because playing a game on a tiny window just so it's not all blurry is hard.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

It bothers me soooo much. Deus Ex is almost unplayable for me. I think last time I tried I was in a practice area and I got to a part with stealth and keypads or something... eventually I was just like, THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT and I quit.
    that's where I quit too

but not because of graphics because I couldn't get out of keypad menu

and then I went to start it up again a few weeks later and it wouldn't work

that is my deus ex story

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

obviously you've never played dwarf fortress!!!

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

obviously you've never played dwarf fortress!!!

I tried that piece of shit too. I got even less far!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    good man, desc

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

that's where I quit too

that is my deus ex story

do you have it on steam

I bet I could get it up and running for you

I feel like you of all people could appreciate it

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    All you Deus Ex haters are terrible people who probably quit playing Super Mario Bros. because you died to the first goomba.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

That's exactly where I quit this morning.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Dwarf Fortress isn't about the graphics for me... the game just doesn't make any sense.

• Options
    I played it plenty back in the day. I remember clubbing a dude unconscious and then dropping his body into the water right at the start.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    liberty island is a bleh part. get passed that and you're goood

• Options
    wait or should I play more new vegas with my current gunsy character

or should I make a new new vegas guy for melee

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Yeah, the tutorial of Deus Ex is boring as dishwater, and Liberty Island is okay but not great. It's worth sticking with it until you hit Hell's Kitchen since that's where the gameplay choices open up like a motherfucker.

• Options
    I guess I'll try it again. Everyone says it's the greatest PC game ever, and some of the concepts do sound intriguing.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    All you Deus Ex haters are terrible people who probably quit playing Super Mario Bros. because you died to the first goomba.

I could still play Super Mario Bros. (though I probably wouldn't, with more elaborate games available). Continuing to do something you don't like and that is not rewarding to you has limited merit.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

that's where I quit too

that is my deus ex story

do you have it on steam

I bet I could get it up and running for you

I feel like you of all people could appreciate it
    yeah

every time I start it up it immediately crashes again

not sure how I even got it to play the little bit I did at first

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:

liberty island really is the filter. they give you too much space to wander around in and it makes it seem interminable when you can actually finish it in like five minutes.

giant bomb did a quicklook on DX this week ( http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-throwback-deus-ex/17-4676/ ) and the main guy, who had quit DX during the first level, was amazed at how quickly the guy who had played it before took it down. "I spent like three hours on this!"

• Options
    desc wrote:
    wait or should I play more new vegas with my current gunsy character

or should I make a new new vegas guy for melee
    melee guy

melee guy

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

I could still play Super Mario Bros. (though I probably wouldn't, with more elaborate games available). Continuing to do something you don't like and that is not rewarding to you has limited merit.

And that is why the US needs to stop sending money to isreal

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    You know, I really like the "banning" aspect of competitive LoL and I'd like to see it in more competitive games, like fighting games.

• Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

And that is why the US needs to stop sending money to isreal

Apparently some Americans like it.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    It also kind of turns me off how so many rappers are all about religion. It is p lame to me. Oh well.

Rap is still arguably my favorite genre.

it is def my fav

mos def

o.o

• Options
    continuing to do things you find initially unpleasant is a good way to expand your horizons

like modernist classical, or talking to girls

you have to push through the discomfort

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:

liberty island really is the filter. they give you too much space to wander around in and it makes it seem interminable when you can actually finish it in like five minutes.

giant bomb did a quicklook on DX this week ( http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-throwback-deus-ex/17-4676/ ) and the main guy, who had quit DX during the first level, was amazed at how quickly the guy who had played it before took it down. "I spent like three hours on this!"

If you are a cautious, stealthy, player and the kind of person that wants to explore everything then Liberty Island can take forever.

Of course, if you're replaying it you know where the salient points of the map are.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

@Organichu

there is a mod that fixes the GFX

ask in the Deus Ex thread.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

Haha, the funny thing is that Patty's six-year-old brother is over and we tried to get him to play New Super Mario Brothers and he seriously quit playing because he couldn't get past the first goomba. He deemed the game "too dangerous" and decided it was not for him.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

Haha, the funny thing is that Patty's six-year-old brother is over and we tried to get him to play New Super Mario Brothers and he seriously quit playing because he couldn't get past the first goomba. He deemed the game "too dangerous" and decided it was not for him.

haha

future risk management technician

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    It also kind of turns me off how so many rappers are all about religion. It is p lame to me. Oh well.

Rap is still arguably my favorite genre.

it is def my fav

mos def

o.o

Nighttime is when the things get heavy
    You feel alone and you want somebody
    Loneliness whispers desperate measures
    And you're frantic all by yourself

• Options
    Elendil wrote:
    continuing to do things you find initially unpleasant is a good way to expand your horizons

Sometimes the thing you are finding unpleasant is something that doesn't interest you

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

haha

You should've seen him play Sonic. He was afraid of the enemies so he decided it was better if he stand in one place and wait for the 10 minute timer to run out.

• Options
    Miley Cyrus looks pretty silly playing a guitar.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries is one of my favourite games and I started playing that long long after it came out

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

haha

You should've seen him play Sonic. He was afraid of the enemies so he decided it was better if he stand in one place and wait for the 10 minute timer to run out.

What is wrong with this child?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    who doesn't like talking to girls

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DUE is it resource heavy

• Options
    Elendil wrote:

Okay, but this is Deus Ex.

It's

A

Video Game

• Options
    Yeah, this isn't behavior that should be giggled at. It sounds like this kid has issues that should be addressed.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.