Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Fall of Raam (IC)

2»

Posts

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Looking up from his reverent inspection of the bread loaves, Hashiq's face begins to crumple into anger as the shopkeeper growls his threats. "You should be careful who you spit at shopkeep, we dervish do not take kindly to threats." Some of the thunder falls from his face as he remembers the other two. "And, erm, these men are also not to be spat on. Because it is rude." His eyes search the others. It is rude to spit on people, isn't it?
    Intimidate: 1 pahahaha

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, a 1 on Intimidate? This is going to be awesome. Let's get another blurb or two from the men and I'll throw up post an important update this evening!

  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    this is about to become an unmitigated disaster and i'm excited

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    "Listen, merchant. We do not wish to be speaking to you any more than you do us, but we require information. Give us a moment of your time and we will happily leave your odious presence."

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    "He's right you know, if you just tell us where to find a halfling selling masks, you'd never have to talk to us again"

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Lendara, Samira:

    Torix hurriedly reaches into a pocket on the inside of her sash and produces a small bone and ivory key. She rushes to the lock on the door, inserts and turns the key. She flings open the door and barges into the room with the two of you not half a moment behind her. She rests her hands on the shoulders of the mul woman and slowly turns her so she can get a better look at her. As her head turns, you are shocked to see the horrible truth of her condition. Crusted, dried blood clings to her cheeks, seemingly having run down her face from her vacant eye sockets. As you grasp the true revulsion of the situation, she gives you a revolting smile. More blood is in her mouth, with tiny chunks of gore stuck between her teeth. It is at this moment you notice that her eyes are truly missing. They aren't on the floor in front of her or on the makeshift cot in the far corner of the room, and there is certainly nowhere else for them to have gone. She attempts to speak, and it comes as an utterly garbled mess of consonants. Torix's eyes widen in horror, "By the sun! She's eaten her own eyes and tongue! She was almost lucid but days ago!" The color drains from her face and she falls to her knees. Tears stream down her face, and the mul woman now towering above her begins a deeply disturbing, throaty cackle, completely distorted by her missing tongue. If chaos and terror could make a sound, it would surely be this.

    Torix is beyond distraught at the situation, and you're not really sure why. Either she suffers from an overactive sense of empathy, or there is something else at work here. Is your priority consoling Torix to help you attempt...something to save the mul woman, or do you skip that step and attempt to save her yourself?


    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Zerris, Raqib, Hashiq and Dal:

    The man's face turns bright red and contorts in rage. His bottom lip begins to quiver and his left eye twitches almost in unison with it, as a large vein in his forehead begins to bulge. His voice cracks with rage as he shouts at seemingly nobody in particular, "YOU DARE SPEAK TO ME AS IF YOU ARE MY EQUAL? YOU ARE LOWER THAN SLAVES, THAN INSECTS! YOUR BLOOD WILL STAIN THE SAND!" He reaches into his loose left sleeve and produces a tiny dagger, made of a polished, bright white bone. It is clearly ornamental and unused, and he brandishes it with a hand shaking with either rage or fear. You are sure he is going to attempt something incredibly stupid.

    It is completely up to you guys to do what you please here. Roll initiative if you want it to be a "real" fight, or just roleplay it out. This guy is basically a complete and utter minion mook, completely untrained in combat. Nonlethal attacks are, of course, allowed.

    Pinfeldorf on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    "There is no time to weep! If we are to save this woman we must act now! Quickly, are there any other healers nearby? Samira or I could fetch them, for my skills here will not suffice. I...I don't think we should be in here with her either. It would be a shame to have to kill her. Although it may be merciful..." Lendara is taken aback only briefly by the womans appearance. She had seen this sort of madness before. She knew not its cause, but she would surely like to. Attempting to drag Torix back away from the woman, she locks the cell again once they are out. Not sure if the woman could even be saved, Lendara looks at her with sadness in her heart.
    Heal=14 and Nature=26 to even see if the woman can be saved, or if it would be better to put her down out of mercy.

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to fight a merchant, I have no interest in attracting Templar attention.
    "Ok, ok we're leaving." Dal keeps his hand on his sword, but looks around the square for another merchant to approach.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Lendara:
    Heal/Nature:It strikes you that though this woman is not in any immediate danger of dying, you wonder how her quality of life would be should she survive for long. Whether you believe it is better to end it or not is not wholly plain.

    Samira, Lendara:

    Torix is almost completely overtaken with grief. Tears stream down her face, and she clutches the hems of her gown with white knuckles. "Lana..." she whispers. Abruptly, she stands to her full height, seemingly haven found resolve from the bottom of her being. "Thank you for your words, Lendara. She is my responsibility, and I do not believe I have the strength in me to end the torment that has become my own daughter's life, nor do I believe I can ask it of a stranger. I...I believe I am at an impasse, and know not the proper course of action for a woman of my position. Lana..." her voice trails off with ineffable sadness, and tears once again well at the corners of her eyes.

    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Dal, Raqib, Hashiq, Zerris:

    After Dal speaks his peace and the four of you back away from the enraged human, he begins shouting taunts at you, as if he had defeated you in combat. You are reasonably sure he will get what's coming to him at a later occasion, and there is no reason to hasten his inevitable demise. On the other side of the circle, you see a tall thri-kreen female standing in front of a completely empty stall. She twitches her head at you and seemingly out of nowhere the four of you all notice her at once. A light voice appears in your minds, almost like a thought in the back of your head, but it is instantly apparent to you that it comes from the kreen ahead of you. Ich'ili'ak can help you for the right price. Information is an asset she knows much about. Come, fleshlings, let us barter.

    Pinfeldorf on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    "I had to end to torment of many of my people..." Lendar looks down, almost sick to her stomach at the memory. "Her torment will not come to an end of its own accord, if we are to put her at peace...you need not ask, only nod. It is a hard thing to do, but for her sake, it must be." Laying a hand on Torix's shoulder, Lendara looks into her eyes and wipes away the tears for what she knows must be done, her spectral hawk taking shape on her own shoulder.

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Striding across the bazaar as if he couldn't hear the jeering trader, Hashiq wore an excited smile at the prospect of conversing with a kreen. The smile was offset somewhat by his furrowed brow as he tried to concentrate on replying to the insectoid in kind. Yes please can you tell us where the short trader with the masks- by the winds kreen are ugl- that trader was clearly insa- I wonder what's at the quar- what's that smell- It was fortunate the young dervish was unable to communicate using the Way, his mind was far too unfocused to have allowed any sort of psionic communication.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A bit confused, are you calling a tri-kreen ugly and smelly to his face? Do you have a death wish?
    "It's good to see a merchant with a sound sense of business, though the service seems small. I was not aware that the location of a seller of masks was a good so precious that it warrants a price, let alone one that should be haggled over"

    Dal puts on his winning smile, but by the face of the tri-kreen, he's not all sure he succeeded.
    diplomacy v Kreen merchant: 1d20+11 14. Well it's not a 1, but a 3 isn't much better.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Lendara, Samira:

    Torix looks up at Lendara and nods, her face wracked with grief. She closes her eyes tightly and once again buries her face in her sleeve.

    Dal, Zerris, Raqib, Hashiq:

    The Thri-kreen tilts her head at an extremely unusual angle and a long, skinny tongue flicks out of and back into her mouth. The same voice as before invades your mind. It is not every day a person comes to the Circle Market in search of information that is not worth more than what it seems at its face. To seek information here is in and of itself a danger, and such dangers always come with a price. My price, however, is not as mundane as the ceramic garbage you fleshlings trade back and forth as if it were as valuable as water. But since even water holds little value in this city, my price is very reasonable. All I ask is more information in exchange. You will tell me why you seek Ge, what you will do when you find him, and you will hide nothing. All I ask is you open your minds to me, and I give you my vow that I will not delve into areas beyond which you permit me.

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Without another word Lendar steps up to the crazed Mul woman and in a flash of light her eagles claw leaves a thin red line on the woman's throat. The bloodly seeps slowly, but surely, and in a few seconds the woman collapses, all life gone out of her. "May her soul find the comfort it deserves. May her family be soothed in their grief. May those who tormented her be given justice."

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    "I will accept, with the search limited to details to this investigation only. I know of no wrongdoing, or any unlawful activity in this matter. Of course, I can only speak for myself, but all of us were recruited at the same time, and attended the same briefing. Wether my companions agree as well, is up to them."

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Zerris folds his arms over his chest, scowls a little, and shifts his weight from foot to foot. It's obvious that he's still grumpy from being so brazenly insulted and publicly humiliated by the bread vendor, and in the back of his mind he's wondering how he could fling a piece of earthenware at his head and not arouse suspicion.

    "Fine. I agree under the same conditions. Stay out of the private reaches of my mind and I'll stay out of yours," he says, a surly rasp in his voice.

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Moving over to the final prisoner, Lendara stares intently, hoping for some information of worth.
    The usual battery, Perception=16, Nature=24, Heal=10

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.