As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Checkpoint ep. 15 - Season Passé

faitsfaits a panda eating cakeseattleRegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in Social Entropy++

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Jeremy looking always slightly to the side of the camera kind of bugged me

besides, good episode as always

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    wow, that season pass deal is maybe the worst business plan I have ever heard.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Look at his left eye. He's looking straight at the camera, he just has a dodgy eye on his right side.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited August 2011

I thought everyone knew by now that he has a condition.

Edit: beat

Falx on
  • Options
    his condition is that he is deathly afraid of video cameras, he thinks they are basilisks.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    his condition is that he is deathly afraid of video cameras, he thinks they are basilisks.
    No, his condition is that he knows that cameras steal souls, and everyone else is simply deluded. When we die all of our souls are going to be sucked into cameras, and he is the only one who will be free.

But it will be lonely and he will regret it.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I like this show.

I do not however, understand the ads i see before it. El Shandi or whatever? what the fuck is that? the read over makes no fucking sense.

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I like this show.

I do not however, understand the ads i see before it. El Shandi or whatever? what the fuck is that? the read over makes no fucking sense.

the only thing you need to know about el shaddai:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsEeA8jttrM

faits.png
  • Options
    none of that made any sense.

I only have more questions.

Questions i don't want answered.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    when japan loves the bible very much...

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:

it's always interesting to see them do stuff based on western things. makes me realize how wrong we get japanese things.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    wait so someone bottom line the season pass for me

the way I heard it, you buy the thing for 25 dollars, get access to games for three days in advance...and then you lose that access and they make you buy the fucking game again?

really?

REALLY?

• Options
    to be fair you also get discounted dlc prices for all of those games, it's not the only thing you're paying for.

I mean, it's a super shitty deal, in any case. But that's not the whole thing.

• Options
    here is a breakdown of what you get

Early Full-Game Digital Access: Three days before a game’s scheduled release, fans will be able to download and play the full version of all five participating titles on Xbox 360 and PS3. The digitally downloaded game will time out when the game is available at retail and consumers have the option to purchase the same full game on disc at retail. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers can transfer all achievements earned during the three-day download period to the purchased disc, resulting in an early edge over the competition.

Discounted Downloadable Content: Subscribers will get a 20-percent discount on all available downloadable content for participating EA SPORTS titles. Downloadable content, which enhances and refreshes the core game experience, includes such items as Ultimate Team packs, accelerator packs and gear upgrades.

Free Premium Web Content: Premium web content extends the game experience beyond the console to a web browser. All participating titles will feature premium web content that will be free to EA SPORTS Season Ticket members beginning with the premium Creation Center packs for FIFA Soccer 12. These packs provide a deeper set of customization tools and abilities within Creation Center to build your own teams and tournaments, and will be available to the consumer until the membership to the program has expired.

Membership Recognition: Subscribers are easily identifiable with an exclusive membership recognition badge displayed both in-game and on their EASPORTS.com profile.

A badge on your profile page!!!!!

• Options
    Basically, if you were a person who always bought all these games every year anyway, and you got all the DLC, it would be a good deal, you'd make your money back through the DLC discount, probably, maybe.

For any other person in the world, it's a bad deal.

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular

Look at his left eye. He's looking straight at the camera, he just has a dodgy eye on his right side.

You forgot "you insensitive clod!"
    Langly wrote:
    Basically, if you were a person who always bought all these games every year anyway, and you got all the DLC, it would be a good deal, you'd make your money back through the DLC discount, probably, maybe.

Do these people exist? Are they living, fleshy beings, or ghostly, soulless spirits, chained to this earth, doomed to purchase shitty sports games? Perhaps EA is just trying to ease these the never-ending pain of tortured phantasms.

I really love that Graham earned some Checkpoints this episode, with a little smile and a nod. Nice little callback.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    I am not sure, but I pity them.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

it's always interesting to see them do stuff based on western things. makes me realize how wrong we get japanese things.
    A book written in the Middle East is Western?

• Options
    Christianity is commonly referred to as a western religion

• Options
    and so is Judaism.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Propriety wrote:

You forgot "you insensitive clod!"
    Langly wrote:

Do these people exist? Are they living, fleshy beings, or ghostly, soulless spirits, chained to this earth, doomed to purchase shitty sports games? Perhaps EA is just trying to ease these the never-ending pain of tortured phantasms.

I really love that Graham earned some Checkpoints this episode, with a little smile and a nod. Nice little callback.

Games you don't play are so shitty because you don't play them, so of course they must be shitty, because you know they're shitty and that is why you do not play them, right?

Or maybe sports games aren't shitty and they're just a genre you aren't interested in. Perhaps. It may very well be.

Season Pass is the dumbest shit, in any event, but EA has been trying to figure out any way they can to make up for the money lost on game rentals and buying used. Not much of a surprise.

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

A book written in the Middle East is Western?

It's west of japan. So yes.

• Options
    well, going west it is. you could head east and you'd get there too

• Options
    Langly, are you suggesting the earth is round? I thought we quelled this before.

Also can we talk about these guyses' other shows here? Cause i have to say Feed dump constantly delivers on something watchable.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Goose! wrote:
    Games you don't play are so shitty because you don't play them, so of course they must be shitty, because you know they're shitty and that is why you do not play them, right?

Or maybe sports games aren't shitty and they're just a genre you aren't interested in. Perhaps. It may very well be.

I was being hyperbolic (in the spirit of the episode), and indeed, used a rather harsh adjective to describe games I don't personally care for, but I now realize others might enjoy them. I apologize. Shitty wasn't the appropriate word. "Uninnovative carbon copies" would have been more appropriate.

Propriety on
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    they have their own fucking wiki?

Who doesn't have theri own wiki these days? i'm going to make one about my various body parts.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Is that Pop Tarts wiki still around?

Aw yeah.

http://poptarts.wikia.com/wiki/Pop_Tarts

• Options
    Editing page "Melding's Genitals" as we speak.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Gaslight wrote:

Aw yeah.

Oh goddamnit. Now I really want some Pop Tarts... and there's very little stopping me from going to the supermarket and buying them, I bike by it every day on my way home from work. CURSES

Propriety on
  • Options
    Propriety wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

Aw yeah.

Oh goddamnit. Now I really want some Pop Tarts... and there's very little stopping me from going to the supermarket and buying them, I bike by it every day on my way home from work. CURSES

I'm just sad I will never get to try to the PB&J variety.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Editing page "Melding's Genitals" as we speak.

I nearly choked reading this.

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Propriety wrote:
    Goose! wrote:

I was being hyperbolic (in the spirit of the episode), and indeed, used a rather harsh adjective to describe games I don't personally care for, but I now realize others might enjoy them. I apologize. Shitty wasn't the appropriate word. "Uninnovative carbon copies" would have been more appropriate.

this isn't true. speaking of madden alone there have been many, many improvements over the years: for instance, the inclusion of superstar mode, which is basically a JRPG included in the game, franchise mode improvements and variations, hall of fame mode, improvements to the UI and usability of madden to make for a more interesting, exciting game, better playcalling and etc

have their been additions which are basically roster updates? yeah, but they're typically regarded as the shittiest and worst-reviewed games in the series. but as a whole madden, the game series, has improved with leaps and bounds, and you obviously have never played one so i dont really know why you have such a hate boner for a series of games that have not affected your life in any significant way (oh wait, i know why, because FUCK SPORTS)

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I have played madden and they are now starting to recycle "features" that they uncycled several years ago. Like First person Quarterback mode or whatever the fuck they called it got canned in like '08 and has now, for some reason, made it's triumphant return. It is also still really shitty.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    The most 'innovative' sports release in the last decade was super mario strikers

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    they have their own fucking wiki?

Who doesn't have theri own wiki these days?

Don't worry, they had one before it was cool. [/hipster] And they need it to store all the trivia they accumulated over 8 years of making videos. Like the lyrics to this.

Children's rights are human rights.