As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Things

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    This thread is something alright, ahyup.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    EDIT: Ranken, why you gotta ruin my retro image links? >:/

EDIT II, EDIT HARDER: Oh.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I haven't been here long enough to appreciate all of these jokes but damn if I don't love this thread

I think this is from one of the first jpeg threads I saw:

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    oh jeez

• Options
    you ever see your posts

your 5 year old posts

and go

'no'

• Options
    Beasteh wrote:
    you ever see your posts

your 5 year old posts

and go

'no'

Yep. Also my 1 year old posts.

Also my 5 minute old posts.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    no because i avoid reading em

heck i dont even like my posts right after i post em

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I was trying to catch up with the avatar thread and read freakangels and then I see DRX's avatar change, it looks funnier now.

• Options
    crwths webcomic supremacy thread is now immortalized

• Options
    I was trying to catch up with the avatar thread and read freakangels and then I see DRX's avatar change, it looks funnier now.

My Little Jailbird

You have not missed much in the Avatar thread. Moody Tuesday has sent it all to hell. I blame the schools.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    you ever see your posts

your 5 year old posts

and go

'no'

I often read then and burst out laughing. I'm hilarious and egotistical you see.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    you ever see your posts

your 5 year old posts

and go

'no'

This thread indirectly caused me to go look at my old livejournal, and my oldest livejournal posts therein.

Now I want to go back in time ten years and slap the shit out of myself.

Thanks, SE++!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Why isn't anybody answering my question?

tumblr_kt8wg4ZUbR1qzbuzko1_500.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Someday I'm gonna watch that movie.

I'm going to throw a movie party, tell everyone we're watching To Have and Have Not, and then, bam, the bees.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Why isn't anybody answering my question?

tumblr_kt8wg4ZUbR1qzbuzko1_500.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5PeQH.gif

• Options
    Someday I'm gonna watch that movie.

I'm going to throw a movie party, tell everyone we're watching To Have and Have Not, and then, bam, the bees.

It's an absolutely terrible film in all the best ways. It's just fucking hilarious how many women he beats up.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Bizzaro StormyBizzaro Stormy I am Bizzaro Stormy. I am Bizzaro Stormy.Registered User regular
    I am Bizzaro Stormy.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    God bless you Bizzaro Stormy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

fuckblamo.gif

also my avatar before I was bronson:

this is one of my all time favorite forum creations, it introduced a new onomatopoeia into my vocabulary

• Options
    I am Bizzaro Stormy.

bizzarro stormy showing these new kids how to post

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    As a new kid

I have a great respect for Bizzaro Stormy. The new generation needs to take his advice.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    also I have just discovered pictures of Sarsboy covered in his own puke from some east coast pax that I didn't even go to

and also pics of knob and whippy from pax06, I think

that was RIBPAX here in ATL, there is a ytmnd of those, I long ago lost the link

Also Rank, I still have that button ou made of my avatar on my laptop bag. It has been my constant companion for years now.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    you ever see your posts

your 5 year old posts

and go

'no'

I feel pretty good about them

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I love forum history. I think I recognise about half the images being posted here, and the other half will be stuff I've missed through not spending enough time in SE++.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    howsmartrs3.jpg

Oh my!

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    god that Hellboy gif that boddah made was so cool

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    kekeke.png

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:

fuckblamo.gif

also my avatar before I was bronson:

this is one of my all time favorite forum creations, it introduced a new onomatopoeia into my vocabulary

Your welcome

God how long ago was this posted?

I saved like every image from that illustrated grouphug thread. But they're on my dead external. :(

Normally I'm content to lurk but now that one of my doodles has reappeared lurking feels like weird

• Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    I am Bizzaro Stormy.

slide

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    rootofallevil.gif

• Options
    Druhim wrote:

The physics behind almost all of the spells is in the effects of the shockwaves that are used for changing atoms around. Do note that this is untested and may or may not be physically possible. This is just a concept on how these spells likely work. Understanding the concept of having shockwaves changing atoms is quite complicated, but somewhat easy to understand. They are very related to sound waves. If you combine two identical sound waves where the high points match the high points of the identical wave, you'll get a louder sound. If you were to combine the same two, but having the high points as the low points on the other wave, you'll cancel out the sounds making them almost inaudible. This same concept works for these shockwaves. Also, another thing you'll need to understand is the effect of distortion caused from speed. If the sound source was coming toward you, the waves "compress" and you hear a higher frequency. If the sound source was headed away, the waves "expand" and you hear a lower frequency. This same pricipal works with the shockwaves, only with an added twist. The first wave is sent at a given speed, then the second wave is sent at a slightly faster speed [typically of a much lesser degree as distance increases] with the "wave" somewhat expanded, just enough so that when the front of the second wave meets up with the front of the first wave that the two waves greatly amplify each other as the concept of blending two identical soundwaves with highs to highs. This sudden amplification causes a burst in the targetted area and forces atoms to change around. How this is done is by special encoding in the shockwave.

DNacv.gif

• Options
    Rolo wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:

The physics behind almost all of the spells is in the effects of the shockwaves that are used for changing atoms around. Do note that this is untested and may or may not be physically possible. This is just a concept on how these spells likely work. Understanding the concept of having shockwaves changing atoms is quite complicated, but somewhat easy to understand. They are very related to sound waves. If you combine two identical sound waves where the high points match the high points of the identical wave, you'll get a louder sound. If you were to combine the same two, but having the high points as the low points on the other wave, you'll cancel out the sounds making them almost inaudible. This same concept works for these shockwaves. Also, another thing you'll need to understand is the effect of distortion caused from speed. If the sound source was coming toward you, the waves "compress" and you hear a higher frequency. If the sound source was headed away, the waves "expand" and you hear a lower frequency. This same pricipal works with the shockwaves, only with an added twist. The first wave is sent at a given speed, then the second wave is sent at a slightly faster speed [typically of a much lesser degree as distance increases] with the "wave" somewhat expanded, just enough so that when the front of the second wave meets up with the front of the first wave that the two waves greatly amplify each other as the concept of blending two identical soundwaves with highs to highs. This sudden amplification causes a burst in the targetted area and forces atoms to change around. How this is done is by special encoding in the shockwave.

DNacv.gif

That dude is priceless.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote:

Jesus Christ I remember this

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    http://leekspin.com/

I'm sure that's a different address to where it started, but damn, this thing nearly ruined my entire degree.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    LUKE'S COMTECH SITE

luke1vq4.jpg
    Yo, my name is Luke. Welcome to my Portfolio. My interests are guitar and music. I also like to skate some.

This Com Tech portfolio will show you my work on animation, photography, digital imaging, video, audio and web design.

SPECIAL FX

luke2xk0.jpg

For this photo, I took a picture of myself holding a flashlight, cropped myself out of it and added it to a Star Wars background. I added an outerglow to the beam coming from the flashlight.

DIGITAL ILLUSTRATION

lukehj6.jpg

This is a picture I sketched of Henry Rollins. I scanned it onto a computer and added colour to it.

DIGITAL SELF PORTRAIT

luke3lq1.jpg

For this assignment I took the picture of me, and I used alot of the photoshop effects on it.

DIGITAL COLLAGE

luke4mk4.jpg

This is a collage of a bunch of good bands from the 80's. There are some show flyers there too.

MUSICAL POSTER

luke5ji6.jpg

DESIGNING WITH COLOR (LOGO DESIGN)

luke6rx1.jpg

This assignment introduces you to color and challenges you to design a logo that use monochromatic, analogous, and complementary colors . I used Macromedia Freehand to do this drawing.

GIF ANIMATION

luke7pr6.gif

Me and Jon made this gif animation by taking a series of pictures and put them together using Gif Construction Set.

AUDIO COMPOSITION

He linked to a .wav of the James Bond theme music what the hell

ELEMENTS OF DESIGN

luke8eh9.jpg
    luke9tm3.jpg
    luke10jf9.jpg
    luke11yt0.jpg
    luke12fx2.jpg
    luke13cv7.jpg

I ALSO LIKE TO SKATE SOME

I love this post so much

• Options