As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX West Coast Supertrip

• Options
    lordmagus22lordmagus22 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I've lost track of my ride.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of Soulfury or Grath please tell them to email or call me so I can get to PAX.

Email: Lordmagus22@yahoo.com
    Phone 520-548-8703

I'm really nervous that I might not be able to come now, if I can't get ahold of them I am going to show up at the phoenix rally point anyway just in case. Hope to see you all there.

lordmagus22 on
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone when you're uncool" -Lester Bangs in Almost Famous
  • Options
    SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Dude where have you been? I have send you a couple of emails trying to get a hold of your and I never get any replys. Hell we even came by to your house for that party and no one was there. I am sorry dude but we had to replace you in our car cause I could never get ahold of you.

SoulFury on
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

12 hours remaining until the Supertrip begins!

WE NEED YOUR HELP! If you are participating in the Supertrip, you need to contact your waypoint captain ASAP and give them the necessary contact information so you can keep up to date on the goings-on! Otherwise, you could be left behind!

PHOENIX CAPTAIN: Matt - 602.295.0384
    LOS ANGELES CAPTAIN: Ben - 805.217.4149
    SACRAMENTO CAPTAIN: Kyle - 916.393.0654
    EUGENE CAPTAIN: James - 541.232.1645
    PORTLAND CAPTAIN: DJ - 503.708.3041

Contact your respective captains and give them your info so they can contact you and let you know when to be at the rally point.

We're getting close, folks. Let's make this happen.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    <
    Kyle :)

anyways, RMD, let me double check what is going on. you will be calling me when you guys get to Anaheim, and again when you get to another locationthat is closer, and at the second call, I am to round up all the people for the the sacramento waypoint, right?

hmmm yes i do need numbers... ill try contacting the drivers going on the supertrip right now

edit: if you are trying to contact me on the phone, i may not be home at some points tomorrow. however, if the answering machines mentions the Goff residence, you know you've got the right number, just leave me a message

edit X 2: hey RMD, i should just be contacting the people that will be at the sacramento waypoint right, not the people from chico or redding?

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'll be contacting my waypoint captain tomorrow afternoon some time.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    So, does anyone think there will be an open spot at Sac left? My friend that's coming isn't going to be able to come with Arithena and me(Storm Shadow is bringing us now and he has no room), so he needs a ride. We would've all gone up with Futility, but he's not going anymore.

Help?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Nah, it's okay D. If my calculations are off and I ended up holding the WCST up for it, I'd feel really bad. =) We'll just mosey on up... perhaps we'll take our time and see some sights. Actually, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to given the WCST timetable before. Now we can take our time up there, so it'll all work out.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    So, does anyone think there will be an open spot at Sac left? My friend that's coming isn't going to be able to come with Arithena and me(Storm Shadow is bringing us now and he has no room), so he needs a ride. We would've all gone up with Futility, but he's not going anymore.

Help?
    We'll squeeze you two in. :^:

Also, I'm really fucking tired. I'm gonna eat some ramen and sleep for four hours, and then wake up, putter around, and be on my way.

T-MINUS 8 HRS 35 MIN

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Legacy wrote:

Help?
    We'll squeeze you two in. :^:

Also, I'm really fucking tired. I'm gonna eat some ramen and sleep for four hours, and then wake up, putter around, and be on my way.

T-MINUS 8 HRS 35 MIN

:D

But it's not for us two, it's for our friend. He's cool and all, and he'd post here if he had a computer that worked. So, if you could fit 'em in, that'd be awesome. We're getting a ride with Storm Shadow, whom offered and everything.

Legacy on
  • Options
    lordmagus22lordmagus22 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Shit.

There must have been some sort of error with emails because I never got one after I sent you the directions to the party.
    Also my directions must have been poor because the party was huge, there were tons of people there. Probably about 50 coming and going throughout the night.

On that note, Kinda last minute, but in case someone has an open space in a car I will be showing up at the Phoenix waypoint. It's a long shot, but I gotta try.

lordmagus22 on
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone when you're uncool" -Lester Bangs in Almost Famous
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    And so it begins...

In a few short minutes (read: when my ramen gets done cooking), I will be throwing my stuff into the back of my dad's truck (named the Sand Rhino) and leaving for the Phoenix rally point.

so far this entire event has gone from whimsical pipe dream to haphazardly-arranged shrugfest to full-blown thumbs-up party. There have been difficulties in arrangements, there have been timing issues... shit, there's even been a secession (just kidding Chico). but from what it looks like here, sitting atop a wobbly wooden chair in the Office of Doom, this could be one of the greatest experiences of our lives.

Good luck, Godspeed, and may the Force be with you.

PAX OR BUST!

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    :shock:
    I think I can hear them rolling towards us now. Hooting and Wooting into the Arizona desert. Get ready Anaheim. They come for you.

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Grath asked me to drop in and let everyone know that the SuperTrip people are officially on the road.

Sheri on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    Oh wow, they left already?

Is Grath going to PAX? I'll keep my eye out for the guy that looks like he's 12.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Yes! I made Waypoint Hauptmann, wait... I mean Captain for Eugene, OR. To help prevent a lot of phone calls and put the minds of Eugenians at ease, here is the current plan:

WHERE: East doors of Sears, Gateway Mall
    WHEN: We have a 9:00-11:00 AM window, Friday

I've determined this site provides maximum visibility for cars turning into the mall, and is closest to the map coordinates as presented on the Supertrip site (http://www.doidic.com/supertrip/).
    The "old Emporium" location is out. Don't go there.

As for time, I'll be there at 9:00 AM. We've got two more cars joing at or around 10:00 AM. We can hold off departure as late as 11:00 AM, but myself and passengers have dinner/movie plans in Seattle, and any later than that jeapordizes them. Sorry about my selfishness in this respect, I hope nobody gets left behind.

What to look for: Follow orange cones to parking lot. Silver Honda Odyssey. Dude in blue and grey rain coat holding a 5 foot cardboard tube. Yeah, that's me. Call me James.

If you want to join in: show up before 10:15, post here, email me using the link below or phone me Friday morning at 541-232-1645.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    buh. I can't spend more than 20 minutes at Gateway unless I'm seeing a movie at the Cinemark.

Borfase on
  • Options
    TarTar Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Wish i was on the west coast. My new 2k4 sequoia with dvd (with 115v outlet and rca inputs...) would go perfect for such a caravan. Sounds like an awesome trip for all involved. Good luck to you all and have a safe drive.

Tar

Tar on
    AC:WW 2191.0414.2547 Tar in Red Hill PM me if you add me!
    TETRIS DS 760.559 466.343
    clubhouse 270.663 522.426
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Hey we are all at a flying J and i have 3 minutes to type a post. This cost me a buck so like uh. yeah we are in blythe almost.

Most expensive post ever

Grath on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Good luck guys, and Godspeed =) Hopefully I'll catch up with you guys, and if not, dont' worry... we'll all meet up at PAX! =)=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    mildewproductionmildewproduction Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    What is up with this board time.

So Anehiem are they on schedule for the 2:30 pick up??

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!

SEE YOU ALL SOON.

WEST COAST

PAX

The Woodstock of GAMING.

mildewproduction on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    So are we still on the regular time table for portland?

If there are changes, my cell is 503:312-6740.

• Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure. There was a lot of talk on this board about changing the schedule of the supertrip, so I'm waiting to hear from them via email/phone/a post to find out the Portland ETA. (I missed RMD's phone calls last night.)

I will add you to my list and communicate with you when I find anything out.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    DJBreslin wrote:
    ZeroZero wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure. There was a lot of talk on this board about changing the schedule of the supertrip, so I'm waiting to hear from them via email/phone/a post to find out the Portland ETA. (I missed RMD's phone calls last night.)

I will add you to my list and communicate with you when I find anything out.

Wait a minute, I have your email address already on my list... emailed you today. But the phone number I have for you is different. I'll just note both...

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I hope they don't change the times for it. Would be awesome to pass you guys by. ;)

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    From what I know, the Portland time will be pushed back from 10:30 AM to closer to 1:00 PM. The reason for this is because the Eugene PAXers (myself included) could not get out of work/bed/family obligations until 10:00. The Supertrippers were nice enough to accomodate us.

That being said, I haven't received any updates from the road, so I don't know if they're even on track to make it to Eugene by 10. They should be two hours past Anaheim by now (5:00 PM PST).

I'll be posting here as soon as I get more information. My last entry will be at 9:00 AM tomorrow, when I'll leave for the actual Eugene meeting point.

slacktron on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    The number up here, id for my cell, and the number you have is my home number, DJ.

• Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Alright, official update to which everyone needs to pay attention:

I called Benoit, and asked about how everything's going. They said that they are a bit behind schedule, but everything is still going strong. They'll be about an hour late to Sacromento, and about two hours late to Eugene and subsequent waypoints (at least).

However, it may be a bit longer; they said that they may decide to stop and sleep in Sacromento or somewhere along the way before reaching Eugene, and if so then they'll be even more late. I'll contact them later tonight to find out what the story is, and I'll let everyone know.

Here is a revised schedule, though it's an estimate, but it's closer to the truth that what is currently posted.

3:00PM - Leave Rally Point #2, Anaheim, CA
    11:30PM - Arrive at Rally Point #3, Sacramento, CA

* Miles: 418.2 miles

August 27th, 2004: Friday
    12:00AM - Leave Rally Point #3, Sacramento, CA
    9:30AM - Arrive at Rally Point #4, Eugene, OR

* Miles: 472.9 miles

10:00AM - Leave Rally Point #4, Eugene, OR
    12:30PM - Arrive at Rally Point #5, Portland, OR

* Miles: 107.7 miles

1:00PM - Leave Rally Point #5, Portland, OR
    5:30PM - Arrive at Destination, Bellevue, WA

* Miles: 183.5 miles

6:00PM - Check-in to hotels

That's if they don't stop to sleep. Again, I'll check with them later to find out what's going on, to keep everyone informed. Have a good wait, everyone ^^

-Kyle

Quethal on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Whee. My friend just called me. He's at the Sacramento waypoint NOW. heh Crazy bastard. Guess he's there that early because his ride there could only go now, but at least he's there.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    So all the times are not yet set. We need to know soon.

• Options
    edited August 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    So all the times are not yet set. We need to know soon.

Call the people on the trip then. Like, DB's cell or something.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I did call them; that's how I got the information.

-Kyle

Quethal on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Quethal wrote:
    I did call them; that's how I got the information.

-Kyle

Yes, but that's what I was suggesting for him. :P

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Ah, got it.

Oh, and if anyone (maybe the Eugene waypoint captain) needs to get ahold of me, my home phone number is 541-345-0415.

-Kyle

Quethal on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    whooooaaaaaaaaa another eugenian

Borfase on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Yup, I've been on here for a while now. Remember? We've talked about Eugene even. So, if you're from Eugene, what're you doing in California?

-Kyle

Quethal on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    staying with my parents for the summer

i'm heading back up to eugene next week to look for an apartment

Borfase on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I just spoke with the caravan. As of right now (8:40am) they are just barely outside of Eugene, OR.

The unknown is how long they are going to wait there. There was talk about staying there until 10am to wait for some other people. I asked them to call me back when they stop at Eugune and have a chance to figure out what's going on.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    They're gonna get to Seattle pretty early in the afternoon if they're making time like that.

Borfase on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Well, it's about 9:00 in the AM here in Eugene and I haven't heard anything. The PAX info hotline gives me a "phone off the hook or out of service area" message, so I'm hoping they're not pasted to the highway somewhere.

I'll keep calling, but I can't post from the Gateway Mall. If it turns out they went to sleep and pushed back the Eugene meeting point time later than the 9:30-10:00 target window, I'll come back home and post an update.

So here's hoping you don't hear from me until I'm at the Doubletree.

See you at the mall,

James
    Eugene Waypoint Cap'n
    541-232-1645

slacktron on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    slacktron wrote:
    Well, it's about 9:00 in the AM here in Eugene and I haven't heard anything. The PAX info hotline gives me a "phone off the hook or out of service area" message, so I'm hoping they're not pasted to the highway somewhere.

I'll keep calling, but I can't post from the Gateway Mall. If it turns out they went to sleep and pushed back the Eugene meeting point time later than the 9:30-10:00 target window, I'll come back home and post an update.

So here's hoping you don't hear from me until I'm at the Doubletree.

See you at the mall,

James
    Eugene Waypoint Cap'n
    541-232-1645

Call Matt: (602) 295-0384

That's who I spoke with.

DJBreslin on