Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Kadek Grielsionne vs. Truck the Robust

gredavingredavin Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Critical Failures
"Oh patrons of the day, come now and see what the devil has done. For surely his shoulder is colder than the iciest of hells in the furthest corners of the darkest plane! Let then these competitors appease the mighty demons of cold winter nights by shedding their blood upon the frozen ground! Come then, warriors, etch your name in hot lifeblood and forever stake your claim as champion of the icefield!

To you, a potion of great power, a potion of icy doom. Let your breath be like that of the space between moon and earth! And as with the others, a fine treasure of one thousand gold pieces!"

The crowd roars and the gates drop. Across the windy, ice laden arena stands your enemy. Let the battle begin.

_______________________________________________________________

Time of Day: Early Afternoon

Weather: Windy (50 mph, westerly), all ranged attacks at -2, affects certain spells.

Inner Gate: Closed (block line of sight, cannot move through)

Walls: Web (Make a save or suffer effects as per the spell)

Small Pillars: Spiked, Climbable (DC10), 5ft high

Large Pillars: Spiked, Climbable (DC10), 15ft high

Special Events: Icefield! The arena floor is blanketed in a thick layer of magical ice. Any move higher than base, must make balance check (DC10) or fall prone.

Blue Team: Kadek

Red Team: Truck

round1rn8.jpg

gredavin on

Posts

  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Truck stomps around as the announcer shouts to the crowd, getting a feel for the ice-slicked field and wearing out any minute trace of hesitation that remained. He flexes and [url=
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=885291]panders to the crowd[/url], shouting and clanging his massive axe against his shield.

    The announcer shouts - "Let the battle begin!" - and TRUCK [url=
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=885293]leaps into action![/url]

    Initiative (1d20+6=20)
    Diplomacy (1d20-1=17)

    INeedNoSalt on
    sometimes you just gotta do a thing
  • GeoGeo Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Kadek stands still, his head bowed and still in deep prayer as he clutches onto a small symbol of the sun in his right hand. He seems oblivious to his surroundings as he remains in this state as the gates drop.

    Initiative (1d20+2=14)
    Charisma (1d20-1=2)

    Geo on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Round 1

    The gladiators were free, the gates to glory opened and the battle joined. The dwarf sensed the call of battle long before the door gave way to him and quickly moved out into the open arena.

    [OOC: Actions for Truck PM'ed to me, line of sight is blocked so location will remain unknown for both sides until line of sight is established. Geo, you may email me your move/action if it can be concealed from Truck. Also, still please post your actions in a story form, even if your OOC actions are secret.]

    gredavin on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Truck continues shouting, singing a tuneless and bloody warsong as he wanders around, eyes open for his opponent.

    WELL EN I'VE GOT AN AXE AN' IT'S A MIGHTY AXE
    AN' I'VE GOT A THOUGHT IN MAH 'EAD TO MAYBE KICK SOME ASS
    AN' IF THA' AIN' FINE WELL 'EN I'LL STILL GET WHA'S MINE 'CAUSE
    I GOT AN AXE AN' IT'S A MIGHTY AXE

    Throkk throws his hands up in the air and basically panders to the crowd as he continues wandering around on his side of the door.

    perform: song (1d20-1=11)

    INeedNoSalt on
    sometimes you just gotta do a thing
  • GeoGeo Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Kadek continues his prayer as he is surrounded by a faint shimmering. As he finishes, he looks up and takes a combative stance, glancing around for his opponent.

    (Kadek casts Shield of Faith on himself, lasting for 1 minute. Since I didn't write down the spells prepared, I'll have them down here. Since I used Shield of Faith, I omitted it.
    0:Resistance, Guidance, Cure Minor Wounds.
    1: Command. Domain Spell: Cure Light Wounds.)

    Geo on
Sign In or Register to comment.