As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stamp Collecting

Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
edited February 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Who does this wonderful hobby?

I got into stamp collecting way before Anime, Manga or even Videogames where in my mind. I was 7 years old, and my parents set me up with this hobby. They first bought me a writing pad and glued stamps to it and told me that this was my collection. So every day when my father came back from work, I would wait for his stamps and glue them.

Soon I transfered them by using water to remove the glue and used actual stampbooks. I also was given my father's collection and my grandfather gave me his. It was cool and I still have some pretty old stamps from aound 1918's and such.

I still collect them and my mission with this is to collect every country there was and is and have at least 20 different types of them. Its actually pretty good since I have the stamp books divided by continents and most have 2 or three books dedicated to them.

So who here stamp collects as well?

Katchem_ash on

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    best poster ever?
    yes.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    best poster ever?
    yes.

Shut up.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I have some Justice League stamps, and there is an interesting story behind them:

I walk into the post office, needing stamps
    Me: Hey can I get some stamps?
    Counter Girl: Okay what kind would you like?
    Me: It doesn't matter, I just need some stamps.
    CG: But what kind would you like?
    Me: I don't care. Pick some.
    CG: YOU HAVE TO PICK WHAT KIND OF STAMPS
    Me: FINE! JUSTICE LEAGUE! JESUS CHRIST!

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think she probably meant, you know, denomination.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »
    I think she probably meant, you know, denomination.

no that wasn't it, I asked for a 20 pack of stamps and they only had one option for that many stamps.
    She was just a cunt.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    I have those Justice League stamps too, I believe. I got them as a present from someone. I used the Batman one to send a Christmas card to Dyna.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    It's funny, I got a letter from one of my friends and she used one of them too. I was like HEY KATIE I HAVE THOSE STAMPS TOO WOO HOO
    i am subtly trying to get her to bone me

Kusuguttai on