As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what 'it' means!

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Lost Planet 2 and Splatterhouse 360 9.99 (will be sold out soon; maybe)

Done!

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    captaink wrote:
    Oh hey Kaseius this is a good site too: http://www.steamgamesales.com/stores.php

It doesn't track as many sites as isthereanydeal, but it does it chronologically so you can see what's new.

Dang I knew about steamgamesales.com but never heard of isthereanydeal before. That site is sweet! Good find.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:
    Lost Planet 2 and Splatterhouse 360 9.99 (will be sold out soon; maybe)
    fuuuuck being broke i would have bought these both

• Options
    Sorry Jay :(

I've got a 5$ off an order 50$ or more on Play-Asia, if anybody wants it.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I got a 50% off coupon for any game on onlive from PAX that I'm never going to use. Anyone want it?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oops! Didn't even notice there was a new thread.

So I was looking and apparently the Guitar Hero and Rock Band stuff is still on a pretty steep sale at Toys R Us, if I were to go pick up a second guitar controller, anybody have any suggestions? I know the initial Rock Band guitars have some serious issues, but I haven't paid any attention since then so I don't know which ones are considered the best ones at this point.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

So I was looking and apparently the Guitar Hero and Rock Band stuff is still on a pretty steep sale at Toys R Us, if I were to go pick up a second guitar controller, anybody have any suggestions? I know the initial Rock Band guitars have some serious issues, but I haven't paid any attention since then so I don't know which ones are considered the best ones at this point.

The newest RB controllers are pretty solid. I don't have any experience with recent GH ones, but GH1-3 guitars always felt too small.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    getgamesgo has Dungeon siege III (downloadable copy) for $19.99

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/dungeon-seige-iii

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    C2B wrote:
    getgamesgo has Dungeon siege III (downloadable copy) for $19.99

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/dungeon-seige-iii

Just pointing out that Dungeon Siege III is Steamworks.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

The newest RB controllers are pretty solid. I don't have any experience with recent GH ones, but GH1-3 guitars always felt too small.

Also the guitars for Pig Hero are pretty crap.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    kaseius

no

bad kaseius

we don't talk about the bad game

nnno

DNF wasn't that bad...

It actually made me into a Duke Nukem fan. I would have actually beaten it had I been playing on PC, no matter the sensitivity on my Xbox, I couldn't get Duke to turn fast enough, and these stupid octobabies kept killing me in the underwater part.

Will definitely buy the next Duke game.

Yeah, I'm not getting all the hate. It's not the best thing ever, but it's a solid shooter from what I can tell so far. Then again, I'm running it on PC, so that might influence my opinion. Then again, if you haven't played D3D, you're doing yourself no favors. I highly recommend tracking it down somewhere, it's a blast.

And also, regarding the 'objectionable content' that everyone is so aghast at--what you were expecting? It's Duke. He's going to offend, that's the whole point. It's just that people have grown up and these kinds of extreme statements/depictions no longer hold the appeal they once did. Probably since the target audience is now more likely to be the parent rather than the teenager. Makes a pretty big difference.

Ask yourself, though: would my teenage self appreciate this? Because, personally, mine likely would.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mr_mich wrote:
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I think the Newegg deal on 68XX's is ONE of Shogun/Deus Ex, and the DiRT 3 codes are all gone by some accounts.

That must be recent then, since I took advantage of that deal about a week ago (maybe more? I've lost track) and I got both Deus Ex and DiRT3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Kaseius on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, apparently Gamefly is doing daily deals now. That's a new one on me. Ah well, count me in on the notion that they're stupidly awesome, especially if you're a subscriber and can get free shipping + 10% discounts + frequent $5 coupons.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, gamefly occasionally has some really good used deals

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Tropico 4 PC Download 32$ (or Tropico 4 on 360 w/ 10$ credit)

I got bored while working on FIFA 12's image:

eZonH.jpg

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    From Gamefly used w/ free shipping

Conduit 2 $9.99 Wii
    Mafia II $9.99 360
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II $12.99 PS3
    Alan Wake $12.99 360
    Bulletstorm $14.99 PS3
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds $17.99 PS3

Kaseius on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    So, I have a $5 off coupon for NIS America's website. Would anyone like to partake?

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    mr_mich wrote:
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I think the Newegg deal on 68XX's is ONE of Shogun/Deus Ex, and the DiRT 3 codes are all gone by some accounts.

That must be recent then, since I took advantage of that deal about a week ago (maybe more? I've lost track) and I got both Deus Ex and DiRT3.

Did you get a code with your card? Or did you send in the UPC and stuff, cause you also need the UPC for the rebate so it's one or the other.

• Options
    So, I have a $5 off coupon for NIS America's website. Would anyone like to partake?

I'd love it if I had money; I wouldn't be able to use it for a bit, I don't think.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    sweet, CD keys from countries where games are sold dirt cheap

(not worth the risk of putting any steamworks games on your account, probably)
    cool registration date too

Kaseius on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks for providing the link to that other discussion about it. What region are the games from?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    diablon94diablon94 Registered User new member
    Kaseius wrote:
    sweet, CD keys from countries where games are sold dirt cheap

(not worth the risk of putting any steamworks games on your account, probably)
    cool registration date too

There is no way for that to happen, they only ban accounts with stolen keys,not if the keys are bought from legitimate distributers.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Honestly I'd be more concerned that someone who joined the forums 3 hours ago is slapping up that kind of link.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Just spotted this deal, until the 5th BestBuy Online (and possibly in-store) has Child of Eden for $10 and Bulletstorm for $15, on both Xbox 360 and PS3

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Hot damn; those are amazing prices. I'll update the OP when I wake up and get on the computer.

Coming up in an hour is Assassin's Creed 2 or Bro and Marvel Vs Capcom 3 on 360; I'll try to bump the thread up when they go live if the prices are good

Kaseius on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    ultimakay wrote:
    Just spotted this deal, until the 5th BestBuy Online (and possibly in-store) has Child of Eden for $10 and Bulletstorm for $15, on both Xbox 360 and PS3

Aaand Child of Eden sold out online. 15 minutes ago it was in-stock at my local BB. Now it's sold out. Lots of well-informed nerds in my town.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    GFWL Has an extra deal of the week right now that has Fable 3 (PC) for $12.49 HERE

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote:
    ultimakay wrote:

Aaand Child of Eden sold out online. 15 minutes ago it was in-stock at my local BB. Now it's sold out. Lots of well-informed nerds in my town.

I managed to get in for Child of Eden at my local store so I can grab it after work. Debating on Bulletstorm - I really wanted to pick up a few cheap used fighting games this weekend, but that's really tempting.

• Options
    mr_mich wrote:
    mr_mich wrote:

Did you get a code with your card? Or did you send in the UPC and stuff, cause you also need the UPC for the rebate so it's one or the other.

Honestly, I haven't sent the UPC yet, but the GPU came with two unlock codes--one for Deus Ex: HR and the other for DiRT3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Kaseius on
  • Options
    diablon94diablon94 Registered User new member
    edited September 2011
    Just go to their facebook page and ask the customers..

diablon94 on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Eh, regardless, if they allow Paypal use for payment, it isn't like you can't get your money back. Paypal is pretty good about kicking the crap out of scammers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I did type up this explanation about how they could acquire keys for low amounts then turn around and sell them at a higher price but still make a good amount of money off of them, but in the web chat they have someone bought deus ex, then after the transaction went through they were denied the key unless the customer sent in proof of ID to the website in the form of a copied ID or passport.

Well it looks like website ended up being just as shaddy and shitty as it appeared to be.

edit: I thoroughly read the Terms of Use on that site and they do state they may need a copy of your ID with your name and photo showing, but with other stuff blacked out. Its still not worded well, and I don't know why its in the "Who we use personal data" section when, when it should be more prominent. My guess is they don't want people to see that clause until they already put in the order and the email comes.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Has anyone actually gotten a legit key yet?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
This discussion has been closed.