As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    Hell at the top of the page is a deal for some Sonic game for PS3/360 for 20 bucks (sold out but shit, it's there).

Here's a fresh one for ya, Castlevania of War, 360, 11.99

This game that has absolutely no relation to Gears of War (seriously wtf?) is really good and that price is amazing.

Just ignore the DLC.

I'm not joking, pretend it doesn't exist.

God of War....

Oooooh...nevermind me.

>.>

Sorry.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    Weren't there some new PS3 owners in here?

Uncharted 1/2 Dual Pack $20

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Oh my that is tempting, and its got free shipping apparently.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Space Marine (ps3), $19.99

also Kill Team is $5 on the PSN store right now, which has good deal synergy with this.

the 360 version is $25, which still isnt a bad price but eh.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    just poppin in to say the darkness 2 is totally cool and worth 25$ imo. Having a lot of fun playing on the next to hardest difficulty, each fire fight is taking a couple of tries and its actually fun to replay the fight you just died in.

demon arms own man

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    That is definitely a good price on the Darkness 2 (download version). It is surprising that it is that low.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oof, definitely tempted on that Syndicate deal. Especially since I have 20+ dollars in Amazon credit already.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Amazon price matched Steam for DX:HR, which is Steamworks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection?caff=3884871

Dungeons and Dragons Master set, 7 bucks. Both Baldurs, Both Icewinds, ToEE, and Planescape Torment. Insanely good deal.

• Options
    Ack, and I just got a third of that deal for $10 from GOG.

Then again, I never feel bad about giving money to GOG.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote: »

Oooh, that's a tempting deal, but reviews and general consensus seems to be that if you don't plan on playing SCV online then don't bother.

Is this an accurate assessment? Is there very little in the way of SP content?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I'm guessing that's how it is; I don't own it myself unfortunately.. all my monies went to the vita :cry:

• Options
    You should be happy! :)

Unless you're regretting buying the Vita, then you should be sad... :cry:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Kaseius wrote: »

Oooh, that's a tempting deal, but reviews and general consensus seems to be that if you don't plan on playing SCV online then don't bother.

Is this an accurate assessment? Is there very little in the way of SP content?

Yeah, single player is unfortunately sparse, with a short story mode and a quick battle mode against AI to make up the meat and potatoes.

But it's a fighting game, which is designed to be played competitively or versus a human opponent at the least. The online mode is pretty good, with some of the best lag-less play in fighting games.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Ah well I'll pass, I enjoy fighting games casually. Playing against wizards who levitate the controller with their minds is no fun for me. Its a shame too, the other games had a pretty robust SP offering.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So all this week you can get the first day of a game rental free from red box if you reserve from their website.

Now if there was only something I was interested in renting.

Edit: I dunno, I'm considering Skyrim or Saints Row 3 just to see what all the hububb is all about, but neither particularly interest me.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    So all this week you can get the first day of a game rental free from red box if you reserve from their website.

Edit: I dunno, I'm considering Skyrim or Saints Row 3 just to see what all the hububb is all about, but neither particularly interest me.

skyrim is not a good rental, just throwing that out there

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Yeah why not rent something you can experience in full over one night? Like Asura's Wrath or Twisted Metal?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

skyrim is not a good rental, just throwing that out there

Neither's Saints Row 3, for that matter.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Skyrim isn't a game. It's a Viking simulator.

In Sweden they totally fight dragons by yelling at them.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Amazon has got an all gaming gold box sale day going on today alongside Star Wars: The Old Republic for $40.
    Schedule (all times PST):
    6AM - Army Corps of Hell (Vita) $29.99
    8AM - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) $13.99
    10AM - Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360/PS3) $44.99
    1PM - Ear Force X41 (360) $89.99
    3PM - Zumba Fitness 2 (Wii) $29.99
    6PM - The Darkness 2 (360/PS3) $44.99
    8PM - Toy Story 3 (DS) $13.99

• Options
    Was just coming to post about that! Here's the link to the box.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I have to say, those deals are pretty crappy.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yup, not impressed with those deals. And that's fine with me. It's looking like the first game I buy at release this year will be Darksiders 2, because I'm not sure if there's anything coming out before then that interests me enough.

• Options
    Aww, I guess that Syndicate deal is over. Eh, I can wait.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Rented Skyrim last night on the way home, played it for about 3 hours last night, bringing it back today.

A fun, and good, if not great game, but like most games of its nature, I can't bring myself to play it any more because I know I'll never finish it.

Anywho, anyone know of any deals on Alice: Madness Returns for 360? I've been waiting forever to hit the $20/$30 price point but it seems to be still at $40.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Anywho, anyone know of any deals on Alice: Madness Returns for 360? I've been waiting forever to hit the $20/$30 price point but it seems to be still at $40.

$24.99 at Gamefly

Worth it IMO.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

$24.99 at Gamefly

Worth it IMO.

Oh yeah...it totally was part of their sale a month or two back. I shoulda picked it up then.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    best buy is giving a bonus 50% trade in credit with the preorder of SFxT or ME3 through 3/3, and they already have some pretty good trade in values. they gave me $40 each for Uncharted 3 and Skyrim, and $30something for Saints Row 3.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Is there a way to look up the trade in values online or anything? That's tempting...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Is there a way to look up the trade in values online or anything? That's tempting...

I think cheapassgamer.com has a trade-in value listing.

• Options
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page

you can look up the value for games, and also see if whatever best buy is near you actually does trade ins

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    And, after a few minutes of searching, I am reminded why I never trade in any games. $14.50 for ME2 on PS3 is somewhat reasonable, since I only paid $20 for it. Everything else is laughable.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    best buy is giving a bonus 50% trade in credit with the preorder of SFxT or ME3 through 3/3, and they already have some pretty good trade in values. they gave me $40 each for Uncharted 3 and Skyrim, and $30something for Saints Row 3.

Best Buy almost always has a bonus 40-50% on trade-ins. And yea, their values are generally way better than Gamestop.
    Disclosure and all that: the wife is a gaming supervisor for Best Buy.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    So far, Best Buy has been a fucking joke. Amazon has been the best for me so far.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    hmm, I could get $50 on Uncharted 3 that way... everything else i have is $4-8

• Options
    Seriously? Cause when I last checked, they were gonna give me 12 dollars or something for it, and that game had only come out.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    hmm, I could get $50 on Uncharted 3 that way... everything else i have is $4-8

$50? It's showing 25 for me

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.