As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    did anyone ever confirm if target was doing a b2g1 this week? or was that last week? I have no concept of time anymore.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I was there yesterday and it was going on.

It was only like three games on each system, though. I noticed Mario Land and Mario Kart for 3DS (but no third game as far as I could tell, which was pretty funny). Mass Effect 3 was definitely included...maybe SFxT too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    it should be on any game regularly priced at $14.99 and up, good this week through sunday (or saturday? i forget).

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it is all regularly priced games. The ad itself says that there are "1000's of games" included, and the signs in the store say that it include video and PC games. Didn't think it was limited

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Geez... Neverwinter Nights 2 for the Mac is only $0.99? Why don't people tell me these things?

Now if only I had a Mac.

http://www.amazon.com/Neverwinter-Nights-2-Mac-Download/dp/B006IGJ26I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332878505&sr=8-2

Taramoor on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'll have to poke around Amazon's sale...

Nevermind, they pulled the usual and marked everything back up to full price for this.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Huh. In store, only certain games were marked as b2g1. The sign attached to them said 'only specially marked games included'.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Huh. In store, only certain games were marked as b2g1. The sign attached to them said 'only specially marked games included'.

I don't have the add, but doesn't that go directly against what their add says?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'd have jumped on those Move Controller deals if Johann Sebastian Joust was a thing I could play yet.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'd have jumped on those Move Controller deals if Johann Sebastian Joust was a thing I could play yet.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'll have to poke around Amazon's sale...

Nevermind, they pulled the usual and marked everything back up to full price for this.

SSX is still marked $45.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    And yet, still no deals for Kingdoms of Amalur! That's a sign that it's selling really well, right?

kyrcl.png
  • Options

I don't have the add, but doesn't that go directly against what their add says?

Yes. Almost positive you are correct here. I have tje ad and was in store twice. From my pov, its everything not on sale/clearance.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    that's the third game I would buy and it's not available damn it.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    And yet, still no deals for Kingdoms of Amalur! That's a sign that it's selling really well, right?

It sold around 300,000 last month, which is pretty good but unspectacular.

It's really hard to use price as a judge when it comes to game sales in the first couple of months. In fact, it seems like the games that get the sales are the really, really popular ones, thanks to the continued price war between GameStop and everyone else.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Haven't seen any sales on this yet, but it seems pretty good price-wise:

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 35$

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Went to two Targets, didn't find anything I wanted or didn't already have. Looked at the Amazon deal, yay for them doubling and even quadrupling prices in some cases for the sale. Seriously I bought a game for 12 bucks days before the sale started, today it's 50 bucks. Way to go Amazon.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices how silly that is. Nobody seemed to believe me earlier.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Stupid Target was out of Just Dance 3. The offer is good on any game that doesn't have a clearance sticker on it.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Went to two Targets, didn't find anything I wanted or didn't already have. Looked at the Amazon deal, yay for them doubling and even quadrupling prices in some cases for the sale. Seriously I bought a game for 12 bucks days before the sale started, today it's 50 bucks. Way to go Amazon.

Yeah, I love seeing this.

List Price: 39.99
    Price: 39.99

What a deal! :o

Steam: offday
  • Options
    i guess im going to go try to pick up a copy of rage for $5 from best buy before this months @gamer coupons expire. that games probably worth $5 right?

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Sort of a game deal since it's essentially a portable gaming device, but the Kindle Fire is 139.99 today on Amazon. Certified refurbished and sold from Amazon so the warranty is in place. Guaranteed to work and look brand new. Limit 5 per customer.

Picked one up for my wife for Mother's Day.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Absolutely.

That Skyward Sword deal is pretty tempting, but I have no idea when I'd bother to get around to playing it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    W
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i guess im going to go try to pick up a copy of rage for $5 from best buy before this months @gamer coupons expire. that games probably worth $5 right?

I may venture to BB today. They have a Kid Icarus copy for 29.99 calling my name. Now just to convince them to PM the target deal and figure out two more $30 games that I want. Thats the hard part

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Definitely -- I've really enjoyed what I've played of it. If you've got the other coupons still, you should be able to go in on April 1st and use the FFXIII-2 coupon with a new sale to grab it for 15$.

• Options
    also, just a side note i guess but theres a mobile app called Key Ring that scans and manages all your loyalty cards etc. if you scan a best buy card into it it will give you digital copies of some of the @gamer coupons, so you dont have to buy the magazine to get some of the deals. pretty neat, since my issues havent started coming in the mail yet.

• Options
    Kaseius wrote: »

Definitely -- I've really enjoyed what I've played of it. If you've got the other coupons still, you should be able to go in on April 1st and use the FFXIII-2 coupon with a new sale to grab it for 15$.

wait what?

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »
    I may venture to BB today. They have a Kid Icarus copy for 29.99 calling my name. Now just to convince them to PM the target deal and figure out two more $30 games that I want. Thats the hard part
    Do stores actually combine their own sale with the price match of another's? I would think it'd be an either-or kind of thing.

Then again, I'm not really big on the concept of price match. If a particular store has the best deal on a product you want, why not just buy it from them?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Do stores actually combine their own sale with the price match of another's? I would think it'd be an either-or kind of thing.

Then again, I'm not really big on the concept of price match. If a particular store has the best deal on a product you want, why not just buy it from them?
    I wonder if it'd be easier to do a price match at target instead. But either way, that'd probably make icarus the free one anyway

steam_sig.png
  • Options

wait what?

In the March issue of their gamer magazine, one of the coupons is 15$ off FFXIII-2. Starting this Sunday or April 1st or something, they're going to mark down 13-2 to 30$ on sale, and then using the coupon should let you grab it for 10$. When the magazine came out at the start of March, they had Batman on sale for 30$ with a 20$ coupon in the magazine. I managed to grab two copies of the game for 10$ each.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    also, just a side note i guess but theres a mobile app called Key Ring that scans and manages all your loyalty cards etc. if you scan a best buy card into it it will give you digital copies of some of the @gamer coupons, so you dont have to buy the magazine to get some of the deals. pretty neat, since my issues havent started coming in the mail yet.

Yes, bro! Thanks for the heads up on that one, just downloaded it and put my BB card on and it shows all 4 coupons. Now if only any of my local BBs had ME2... :(
    Although, now I'll probably go pick up Batman for sure since I don't have to fork over the extra $5 for the mag. Woo! Now I need to finish Arkham Asylum.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular

wait what?

FF XIII-2 is on sale for 15 with those coupons.

• Options
    hmm that is very tempting. I'll have to see if I can still find a copy of the march magazine around me.

• Options

Spoit wrote: »

I wonder if it'd be easier to do a price match at target instead. But either way, that'd probably make icarus the free one anyway

Yes, they do. As far as they are concerned at the point of sale, KI would just be 29.99, sale or not. They would ring in the 3 games and then take off the cheapest one. Granted this is all if they decide to match. They have been getting finicky lately.

As for mathcing at target, they are probably the worst for matching anything. Especially with a BOGO type deal, so I ususally avoid the headache. Walmart is the best in that they don't give a shit and just want your business so you can usually slip more past them. But I'd rather have the benefits of the gamer/rewards purchases from BB. So it is worth a try in my book.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Gamersgate has the Neverwinters Nights complete set (both games and all xpacs) for 7.50 USD again: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete?caff=3884871

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Crap...I'm dumb. I have that BB coupon for Arkham City on my phone from the key rings app.
    But, I forgot that it was only on sale for $30 that one week, so now even with the coupon it's $40. :|
    DERP.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Kind of specific, but..

Street Fighter x Tekken (used - very good) for 35$ from Amazon (and they only have one)

Kaseius on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Crap...I'm dumb. I have that BB coupon for Arkham City on my phone from the key rings app.
    But, I forgot that it was only on sale for $30 that one week, so now even with the coupon it's $40. :|
    DERP.

It's supposed to be on sale for $30 again next week. And the coupons are good through April 7th so yea. Should be able to get AC for $10 next week.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    Kirbith wrote: »
    DERP.

It's supposed to be on sale for $30 again next week. And the coupons are good through April 7th so yea. Should be able to get AC for $10 next week.

Nice, I'll definitely keep an eye out for that.

This discussion has been closed.