As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deus Ex: This is the old thread. Don't post here.

• Options
    SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    Awesome game, just finished it tonight. Probably the best single player game I've played since Mass Effect 2, here's to you Eidos Montreal, you guys knocked it out of the park.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Huh, maybe that's the problem, I always take the backdoor because fuck paying $1000 to get into a bar.

I just think it's weird that I've never noticed it, but oh well.

Though if I remember correctly the door immediately to the right just has an office where I looted some safe.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Isn't the office immediately to your right? The glass window with the DJ is across the room, although I think that's (the office entrance) one of the doors that leads there.
    Henroid wrote:
    But what are the limitations? And what's the shotgun's upgrade?

See this pic of maxed pistol. The yellow bars are its starting stats, and the light green ones are upgraded slots. Before they're upgraded, those slots are dark green, and they indicate the max upgrade level. The top three boxes represent the other attachments: laser, silencer, unique (armor piercing in this case). The shotgun upgrade is burst fire, which fires two rounds simultaneously.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    So Hengsha 2 question
    Is there any way to save Malik as a stealth/nonlethal character? Tranq rifle isn't really doing anything against the big guys, and getting close enough to them to do takedowns is getting me shredded by other goons. The window to act seems pretty small, so I'm finding it difficult to form a strat.
    If there is I did not find it. I had to reload a save in Detroit and go and buy a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle. It was pretty easy after that.
    I did that part a little while ago on my give me DE / non lethal run. First thing I did was jump down to ground level and tossed a gas grenade to take out the 2 gatlings. Then I picked off the ground floor guys with combinations of takedowns and stun gun. Then I stunned the dudes one floor up with the stun gun and then tossed gas up for the higher up snipers.

When the robot arrived I tossed an emp at it and carried on with the above. Had to do this twice though because a gatling was too close to the exploding robot. Second time around I pulled a guy from the vicinity just as it exploded. Checked all the corpses, all Zzzzzz's.

:mrgreen:

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:
    Huh, maybe that's the problem, I always take the backdoor because fuck paying $1000 to get into a bar.

Though if I remember correctly the door immediately to the right just has an office where I looted some safe.

I went in and stun gunned the DJ which immediately alerted the front door guards. I be all messin with their beats.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sirson wrote:
    Awesome game, just finished it tonight. Probably the best single player game I've played since Mass Effect 2, here's to you Eidos Montreal, you guys knocked it out of the park.

See, I was actually halfway through ME2 before I started my DE game, and while I think it's a fun interactive visual novel, as a game, well, eh.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Damn shit is getting heavy. The game is moving faster now that I'm returning to places I've already been, just getting the side missions done and then getting out of there. I finally ran out of pistol ammo. I feel vulnerable now. The bullet-bending combat rifle is awesome though.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:

You had to pay? I'm pretty sure I found a pass somewhere or something. I was told to go right on in.

There's also various ways to get in, and one that doesn't involve any hacking at all.
    A vent that leads into the bathroom from an alley. You can learn about it from some random banter on the street.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Figgy wrote:
    Antihippy wrote:

You had to pay? I'm pretty sure I found a pass somewhere or something. I was told to go right on in.

There's also various ways to get in, and one that doesn't involve any hacking at all.
    A vent that leads into the bathroom from an alley. You can learn about it from some random banter on the street.

I found the vent through a big THE HIVE sign pointing to it.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Isn't the office immediately to your right? The glass window with the DJ is across the room, although I think that's (the office entrance) one of the doors that leads there.
    Henroid wrote:
    But what are the limitations? And what's the shotgun's upgrade?

See this pic of maxed pistol. The yellow bars are its starting stats, and the light green ones are upgraded slots. Before they're upgraded, those slots are dark green, and they indicate the max upgrade level. The top three boxes represent the other attachments: laser, silencer, unique (armor piercing in this case). The shotgun upgrade is burst fire, which fires two rounds simultaneously.

That's pretty cool. In the original you couldn't really see how far you could go with upgrading. I remember some like range or accuracy came in small increases, but then the reload upgrades could get you down to 50% less reload time with 2 or 3 times. Still, I like precise numbers sometimes... I'll live though!

• Options
    zellychanzellychan Registered User regular
    By the by, in case someone else hasn't mentioned it:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391984,00.asp

If you preordered from Gamestop, looks like you can get a $50 giftcard. :)

"I am the fabric of history, you are a fictional stain! I'll stick a flag up your ass and claim you for Spain!" -Christopher Columbus
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    New thread title needs to be:
    [Deus Ex]Save the Pilot, Save the World.

Edit: Yeah I guess it is a bit of a spoiler.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    [Deus Ex] My focus is augmented.

• Options
    Yeah, it's hard to figure out specifics since there's no numbers (except capacity, which is constant - each pip on the pistol represents 3 rounds, with a free one so it starts at 10 and maxes at 22; combat rifle starts at 2 pips/20 rounds and maxes at 5 pips/50 rounds), and it doesn't seem to be on the same scale from gun to gun. I was using the piercing pistol and the revolver, and although the pistol had one more pip of damage than the revolver it took twice as many shots to down these armored guys (6 vs 3). 1 headshot either way, but that's because the armor piercing upgrade on the pistol ignores helmets and the dermal armor aug, not actual body armor, making it ideal for people who like to aim at heads.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote:
    Antihippy wrote:

I walked right in the front door. One of the rooms in the whore house has a Hive membership card sitting at the foot of a bed. One of the first things I picked up in Hengsha.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm guessing tomorrow they're going to announce the game sold well...

And we get a sequel! Or...at least DLC.

I hope so.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Taranis wrote:
    New thread title needs to be: [Deus Ex]Save the Pilot, Save the World.

Reaaaaally spoilery though.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    I'm guessing tomorrow they're going to announce the game sold well...

And we get a sequel! Or...at least DLC.

I hope so.

DLC: Play as JC Denton.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Oh, this is glorious.

Spoiler for apartment:

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    [Deus Ex] Jensen has pimp sunglasses.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    Which button did you push?

I chose the fourth.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote:
    Antihippy wrote:

I went in and stun gunned the DJ which immediately alerted the front door guards. I be all messin with their beats.

You don't have to pay $1000
    You can find a membership card in one of the hotel rooms.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have too much money/Praxis/XP.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:

It's from all those desk drawers you opened.

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

I opened every single one! Well I haven't lately, and I've been skipping hacking too. I think I had something like 132,000 XP when I got back to Hengsha. I think I just need to shoot people now.

• Options
    I thought I'd save up to buy more praxis kits but yeah, I could have afforded the pass.

Don't know why they keep giving you money in the end game either.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

I opened every single one! Well I haven't lately, and I've been skipping hacking too. I think I had something like 132,000 XP when I got back to Hengsha. I think I just need to shoot people now.

I dunno what that number means since I haven't played yet. D:

• Options
    I hope it's a lot. How many XP do other people have.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I also don't know why they don't let you sell stuff to LIMB shops.

I know realistically they wouldn't want bullets, but man would it make my life easier.

• Options
    Every 5k XP = 1 aug point.

I love how many videos there are for this game already.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    The second boss fight is even worse than the first.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What happens on the 29th?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    zellychanzellychan Registered User regular

Oh god don't tell me that. First one for me was desperation headshots with a rocket launcher.

"I am the fabric of history, you are a fictional stain! I'll stick a flag up your ass and claim you for Spain!" -Christopher Columbus
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Nah.

Then again, I had typhoon during the second boss fight, but not for the first one.

Or you can upgrade an explosive revolver to hell and back to destroy them.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    The second boss fight was so easy because this time I grabbed the rocket launcher as soon as I saw one.
    When leaving Tai Yong there is a hangar with two robots. There's a rocket launcher and ammunition. Take it, beat the second boss in less than 30 seconds.

• Options
    Looking back at things.

Cloak and Typhoon are so overpowered it hurts.

Even though I think only having one battery recharge is stupid, thinking of how dumb having a fully recharged cloak would be is pretty hilarious.

• Options
    The boss fights are either really annoying because you don't have the right equipment or they're easier than fighting regular soldiers because you are stuffed with explosives.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Looking back at things.

Cloak and Typhoon are so overpowered it hurts.

Even though I think only having one battery recharge is stupid, thinking of how dumb having a fully recharged cloak would be is pretty hilarious.

I want an unlimited battery mod just so I can dick around with cloak.

Cloak is so much fun.

Though I find having to manage cloaking on one battery pretty interesting actually. Then the decision to down a candy bar for either longer cloak or cloaking and takedown

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    The second boss fight was so easy because this time I grabbed the rocket launcher as soon as I saw one.
    When leaving Tai Yong there is a hangar with two robots. There's a rocket launcher and ammunition. Take it, beat the second boss in less than 30 seconds.

I don't have a rocket launcher.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    [Deus Ex] Praxis Makes Perfect

also, goddamnit O'Malley!
    a bottle of wine is not "a rather enviable sum"!

This discussion has been closed.