cats222r30wv01n40042362.jpg

• Options
    Lizz the BlizzLizz the Blizz Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Lizz the Blizz on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote:
    My cat is currently "talking" to one of her mouse toys. She makes strange, long meows that she doesn't do any other time. She's in the other room and will stop immediately once she sees me watching. What is she plotting?

My parents had a tabby that adopted a little stuffed lion very early in life. He would carry it around in his mouth and cry-meow at the same time, walking up and down the hallway (It was a bit smaller then his head and he grabbed it by a leg or ear) when he wanted someone to go lay in bed with him like a child carrying a teddy bear.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    can real people actually have savannah cats as pets?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Snork wrote:

Not really, since they cost about $10k+. Plus, some states and cities ban them, since they're half wild animal.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    They also dont do well outside of arid environments. (Respitory problems outside of them).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Man, I'd love a Maine coon. I know a Maine coon who would take down 2m snakes likeit was no thing and they're huuuge!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Buddies!

doglemur1846694i.jpg
    A lemur which was taken home by zookeepers after an operation has made best friends with their dog. Stumpy the lemur and Pie the Labrador Collie cross met when the primate was brought home by Joy and John Palmer before Christmas to convalesce after an operation on his back leg and the two have since been inseparable. Joy, who runs Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary, near Liskeard, Cornwall with John, says Pie's paternal instincts have kicked in after he 'adopted' the lemur, which he is now nursing back to full health.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Lab and Lemur - Attorneys at D'awwwwww

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Junpei wrote:
    JoeUser wrote:
    My cat is currently "talking" to one of her mouse toys. She makes strange, long meows that she doesn't do any other time. She's in the other room and will stop immediately once she sees me watching. What is she plotting?

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan...

DAY 768- I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo". What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies". Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

Quoting dis to give it the recognition it deserves

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    HAY GUYS MY second cousin? first cousin once removed? SHOT THIS COMMERCIAL IN PRAGUE AND IT CAME OUT TODAY AND IT IS PRETTY EXCELLENT WATCH IT PLEASE?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZYrB8Ws7Y

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I can't tell you how many times I'm going to watch that because it is not a human number.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote:
    Lab and Lemur - Attorneys at D'awwwwww

:^:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I have two Ragdoll/mutt cat mixes. They are huge and friendly and generally well behaved. All my belongings are COVERED in cat fur, but they are so awesome otherwise. Both are wrapped around my foot, sleeping under my desk right now. They also "chirp" more often than they meow. The smaller one likes to chirp and then spaz out. He runs around the house like some kind of PCP ninja.

Homeless on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    HAY GUYS MY second cousin? first cousin once removed? SHOT THIS COMMERCIAL IN PRAGUE AND IT CAME OUT TODAY AND IT IS PRETTY EXCELLENT WATCH IT PLEASE?

Now I know what my cat has been missing; a tie

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    My parents got a couple of kittens.

41Peb.png

One of the dogs is terrified of them and tried to escape today.

8DPL4.jpg

broken image link
  • Options
    Aww, poor doggy. Is he a puppy?

• Options
    Caracals have the funniest ears:

tumblrlqv95naqy91qzou5k.jpg

• Options
    Nope, he's like 10 years old or so.

I think he was the runt of the litter.

broken image link
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular

I just noticed that the ticker at the bottom of the news (with the chastronaute!) says "meow" over and over. This is my new favorite commercial, I think.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote:

I just noticed that the ticker at the bottom of the news (with the chastronaute!) says "meow" over and over. This is my new favorite commercial, I think.

and the computer mice are mice

Excellent

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Such a mean cat.
    <3

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    hey guys, some of us are TIRED in here

IMG_20110902_063919.jpg

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    BigDes wrote:
    MadEddy wrote:

and the computer mice are mice

Excellent

CATCHETE! is by far the best part.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hahaha, and the commercial actually says "Since we know you enjoy looking at funny videos of kitties on the internet... we made you this funny video of kitties on the internet."

sig.gif
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The Slim Kitty ad on the taxi is stellar.

YOU, LOSE WEIGHT!

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    JoeUser wrote:
    Snork wrote:

Not really, since they cost about $10k+. Plus, some states and cities ban them, since they're half wild animal.

Well, it really depends, actually. Some are 10k plus. The F1 savannah cats are. But F3+ cats, as in third generation, are usually not considered wild animals by most state laws, and are much cheaper. The further down the bloodline you go the cheaper and more cattish they are.

If youre really interested, try to find if theres a cattery in your state or somewhere around it and ask questions.

http://savannahs.webs.com/whatthef.htm

Kochikens on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    Or just be a good person and go to a shelter and adopt any number of amazing cats. Actually the number is 1 million. You need 1 million cats.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    ruby2.jpg

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Drool wrote:
    Or just be a good person and go to a shelter and adopt any number of amazing cats. Actually the number is 1 million. You need 1 million cats.

If you're lucky, the breed/colour you want might even be available!

My brother's friends have a bengal they rescued.

Janson on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    If you're lucky, the breed/colour you want might even be available!
    Gotta catch em all!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote:
    Junpei wrote:
    JoeUser wrote:

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan...

DAY 768- I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo". What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies". Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

Quoting dis to give it the recognition it deserves

my cat comes back when let out :C

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Serious cat chat:

Do you think the rise of funny internet videos and things like lolcats have bolstered the popularity of cat-ownership? Looking at some different statistics it is clear that there are more pet cats in the US but fewer cat owners as compared to dog owners (as in, a sizeable percentage of cat-owning households must own more than one cat as compared to dog-owning households). The trends do seem to show more households adding cats into the mix (from what I could garner, I wanted to find older data but encountered a paywall). Unfortunately I could not find any that broke down the results by gender, but cats are generally considered a more feminine animal who are preferred more by women than men. Do you think there is still a stigma surrounding men owning cats or have lolcats won out?

• Options
    See, women like men who like cats, but all men who like cats are either gay or taken.

I think I learned this from a sitcom once.

broken image link
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:

I think that is the cutest puppy I have ever seen.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I think that is the most patient cat I have ever seen.

broken image link
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    See, women like men who like cats, but all men who like cats are either gay or taken.

I think I learned this from a sitcom once.
    SORRY LADDIES.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    That video needs some sort of warning on it.

I think I blacked out, it was so cute.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.