As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I love cats. I love every kind of cat.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    We have two Maine Coons.

Here is the male.

cats004.jpg

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Here's one of my favorite kitties I ever had, Bud:
    Budstandingonfloor-1.jpg

God, what a train wreck that cat was.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Trace those pellets back and commit some murder

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Trace those pellets back and commit some murder

Little chance of that. we lived in a small woody area just outside city limits near a swamp. Everyone had guns, and while it was far from densely populated it still had enough families around that finding the person who did it would take a dedicated CSI team.

Now when some of those rotwillers i mentioned tore apart my outside rabbit cage and ate my bunny...I wanted to do some animal murder. didnt happen tho.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    People have done horrific things to animals in my grandfather's old neck of the woods too. I'll leave it at that

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I LOVE CATS MY CAT

looolaaa.jpg

• WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    he's terrified of you stealing his soul with your magical picture box

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    I think more douchebags like dogs than cats. And for some reason, douchebags who like dogs are inclined toward reprehensible violence toward cats. But I've never known the opposite to exist, a douchebag who likes cats and hates dogs so much that they would commit violence against them.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    We have two Maine Coons.

Here is the male.

cats004.jpg

Maine Coons are the best kinda cat.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Dinah is one of those kinds of cats that only meows if she's either:
    A. Concerned that she's running out of food/water (she is good at rationing)
    B. Concerned that she hasn't been pet in, like, forever and do you still love me I can't take rejection I'm sorry for whatever I did!

oh man that makes me think of my parents' cats

They had two out of the same litter, and they were pretty great buds. The male cat was fairly chatty, but the female cat would rarely meow. If she did, she had a pretty good reason for it. Usually it was because she was hungry or thirsty and there was no food or water.

Then the male cat got sick (mostly he couldn't stop sneezing). Initially both cats ate dry food out of a big bowl, because overeating wasn't a problem, but they started feeding the male cat wet food instead. They started feeding the female cat wet food too, so she wouldn't be left out. During this entire time, the vet didn't really seem to be able to help the male cat, but he lingered on, and he even got better for a while. But then he got worse, and then he died.

The female cat was continued to be fed wet food. Normally she wouldn't talk much, but now before eating, she would meow to let the other cat know it was time to eat. But he never came.

We thought she would live a lot longer, because she was in good health, but after only about a month, she died too.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Lola meows because she likes to hear herself, I'm pretty sure.

I can tell her "I HAVE NO FOOD/WATER HELP" meow is different from her other meows, but other than that she just meows while she's playing/running/staring at me/etc.

End wrote:
    Where the Red Fern Grows, Except With Cats

Noooooo the saaadesst stooooooryyyyyyy

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I don't know what this thread is about anymore but I fucking love that fucking video

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Dinah is one of those breeds (maine coons and norweigan forest cats) that makes "trilling" noises to attract birds.

It's crazy to hear a cat preform mimicry when you've never before heard they could do that. This is one of many ways cats are obviously smarter than your average dog.

She's so domesticated, though, that if a bird ever did get past the screened window and into the apartment, she wouldn't know what to do with it. She'd probably just meow at it and try to whack it with a blunt paw (she's careful with her claws). To get it to play.

We're pretty sure she thinks our rabbit is just another cat.

These are some of the ways cats are dumb.

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote:
    We're pretty sure she thinks our rabbit is just another cat.

These are some of the ways cats are dumb.

That's not dumb so much as utterly goddamned adorable

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shara likes to stare at the guinea pigs and occasionally reach a paw through to try and swat at them

we've been diligent in keeping her away from them, though

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    My cat drinks out of the toilet.

Fresh bowl of water? No thanks, but be sure to leave the toilet seat up so I can stretch up, over and down into the toilet bowl to get at the good stuff.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    Man, one of my cats is pretty dumb, or ADHD, or something.

Loki will be chasing my other cat around so he dashes into the tunnel and gets ready to pounce on the other cat. Except the other cat takes longer than 10 seconds to come out, and so Loki forgets why he's in the tunnel. Even when the other cat comes by, he totally forgot they were ever playing.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shara likes to watch us when we shower, and apparently when Rachel uses the toilet she likes to watch her then, sometimes while using the litterbox herself

such a creepy cat

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    JoeUser wrote:
    My kitty again!
    part951284474227409.jpg

I think your cat and one of my cats got some similarities:

november08pull002.jpg

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Someone should post Scottish Folds, they are the cutest thing

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    mrt144 wrote:
    We have two Maine Coons.

Here is the male.

cats004.jpg

They really are. Izzy is some kind of Maine Coon mix. At least, she's part something that gets a winter coat, grows until it's like five, and is awesome, so I am like 90% convinced she's got some Maine Coon in her. She was a rescue, though, so her parentage is forever uncertain.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Sarah's old roommate's cat was retarded. Like walk into a wall or randomly fall off tables retarded.

She didn't drink from the toilet, but she'd lick the condensation from the porcelain.

Also she used to scarf down all the food you gave her as if it was about to be taken away, then she'd get sick from eating too much too fast and puke.

So dumb.

Tuque, our oldest kitty, is part Maine Coon, I'm pretty sure. He's pretty big, and he's got the whole three-layer fur thing going on, and some of the markings.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote:
    Sarah's old roommate's cat was retarded. Like walk into a wall or randomly fall off tables retarded.

She didn't drink from the toilet, but she'd lick the condensation from the porcelain.

Also she used to scarf down all the food you gave her as if it was about to be taken away, then she'd get sick from eating too much too fast and puke.

So dumb.

See, that's what I wanted to know. How dumb are cats like that? Are we talking like "cats are pretty adaptive creatures so anything in the 5th percentile of intelligence and up is not very noticeable" or are small differences in intelligence noticeable in their behavior?

Cuz Toby knows the rules to a game we play, he knows his name, and generally gives off an impression of a very smart cat. Loki is adorable, but not the brightest. I'm not sure if it's a lack of intelligence or he's just extremely domesticated.

He thinks he's a human and eats human food. If you pick him up he expects to be gently placed down in a laying position, and he makes little effort to put his feet down first. If you approach him in a menacing way, his first reaction is to roll on his back and wait for cuddles.

This morning, I was trying to sleep and he kept harassing me for cuddles. So I cuddled a little bit, but he wouldn't go away. So all I did was put my head under the pillow. He stared for a few seconds, then jumped to the other side of the bed to see if I had turned over on that side. Seeing that I was not there either, he concluded I must no longer be sleeping here and walked away.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    We have two sisters

One is a perfect cat. She has a beautiful coat and gorgeous eyes. She is muscled and a little chunky, but not fat. She sleeps most of the day, always with her feet tucked or folded in a dainty manner. She walks very slowly and deliberately. She plays with the catnip mouse, but only when she thinks you are not looking. She eats very slowly and she is very clean in everything she does. She even sits beautifully when she cleans her paws.

The other is half her size, with a ratty tail and saggy belly, and very scrawny looking. She wolfs down her food, sometimes so quickly that she vomits immediately afterwards. Just throws up on the carpet and then walks away, completely nonplussed. She manages to scatter cat litter everywhere. She stalks you and stares at you whenever you go to the toilet or have a shower. For about 15 mins a day she goes batshit insane, running all over the place, just back and forth until she bumps into a wall or screen-door, and then she stops, shakes her head and walks away. She chases her sister, who wants nothing to do with her, and who bops her on the nose in annoyance.

The first cat mews if her sister or her humans leave, despite apparently hating her sister. The second cat mews for belly-rubs and food.

Janson on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    mrt144 wrote:
    We have two Maine Coons.

Here is the male.

cats004.jpg

I want a few so badly but any more cats than I already have would be absurd.

JtgVX0H.png
  • CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Maine Coons are the best cats, god. Some day I would love to find another one.

When I was 6 my parents decided to adopt a cat from a local shelter, and instead of getting an adorable little kitten they went for the saddest, scruffiest, about to be euthanized cat in the place. She was like a mangy black hairball with eyes. Also she had worms and all kinds of terrible things.

Well they took her home and cleaned her up and it turned out that under all that she was a beautiful black maine coon, and that she was also pregnant. Most of the litter died in the womb due to hardships she had as a stray, and of the two that were born only one made it to adulthood.

He grew up to be a monstrously huge tabby maine coon. He was my best buddy throughout my childhood, god, I loved that cat. I taught him so many tricks, would set up obstacle courses of furniture and boxes and he'd run through them like a champ. He would ride around on your shoulders like a 25 pound fur collar. When he wanted fresh water he'd pick up a rubber fish toy and drop it in his bowl. You could walk him around on a leash like a dog. He opened doors, including the latch on his carrier somehow. He was the best.

Anyway maine coons are the best breed and he was the best cat I've ever had (the best!). The only time I've ever seen my dad cry was when that cat died (heart disease). He sobbed like a baby.

I really wish I had more photos of him, but my family only got a digital camera near the end of his life.

P.S. My kitten is trying to eat the curtains

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Our newest cat has a little stuffed ball thing and he carries it in his mouth everywhere he goes, and if we pick it up and throw it he brings it back to throw again. Just thinking about him fetching like a puppy makes me want to run home and hold him.

JtgVX0H.png
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    so you guys seen the vid kittens inspired by kittens

well fucking aphostile found that book at safeway for 2 dollars

so i bought it

it fucking owns, THAT BOOK

anyway sorry you guys can't be as much of a cat pro as me

• vomitvomit Registered User regular
    My maine coon was a bad ass mother fucker. Best cat ever.

Maine coon appreciation thread.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    How many of these are actual maine coons and not just big fluffy cats?

My cat, Fred, seems to think is a comfortable position.

2010-07-17185130.jpg

• CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    The fabled ouroboros cat

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    Ahahaha yes he's almost got his tail.

A position only a cat could love.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote:
    How many of these are actual maine coons and not just big fluffy cats?

Ours are Maine Coons. Out of a litter of three, we got the giant and the runt. Male is 23 lbs, not much fat, just large. Female is 7 lbs. Plays fetch and loves to be up on shoulders.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Well I severely doubt mine was anywhere near purebred being the son of a shelter cat and all, but he certainly had the look:

wDYbW.jpg

Also he was 20+ pounds while skinny
    dEqyv.jpg

IwXyJ.jpg

I'm just happy that I actually found a few photos of him

This discussion has been closed.