As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big [House] in the big house. [SPOILER rules in OP]

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Series ending (guess) spoiler:
    With 13 coming back and Wilson obviously going to die I predict the two of them Thelma and Louise it somehow and leave House behind.

House goes back to work and the series ends with him interviewing new people to replace Chase. No closure, just business as usual.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    There are some finale promo pics fuelling my guess;
    Wilson is seen alive and healthy looking. So either he miraculously survives and totally recovers in a few days, or they're both dead and having an on-the-bus moment.

I'm going with Wilson dying at the end of the next ep, finale is about him dealing with it, deciding to euthenize 13, getting killed somehow, having a happy afterlife moment and then end with Chase leading a new diagnostic team.

This might be a bit too 'predictable' but it's a show about zebras. Might be cool to end on a horse. :P

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
    Wilson is seen alive and healthy looking. So either he miraculously survives and totally recovers in a few days, or they're both dead and having an on-the-bus moment.

I'm going with Wilson dying at the end of the next ep, finale is about him dealing with it, deciding to euthenize 13, getting killed somehow, having a happy afterlife moment and then end with Chase leading a new diagnostic team.

This might be a bit too 'predictable' but it's a show about zebras. Might be cool to end on a horse. :P
    No. There will be no afterlife moment. This is House M.D., not Full House of Little House on the Prairie.

No. There will be no afterlife moment. This is House M.D., not Full House of Little House on the Prairie.
    3442.jpg

Oh brilliant
    edited May 2012

3442.jpg
    Wasn't that a Vicodin induced hallucination? Plus they have already done that. House stuck a knife into an outlet too see if there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

chamberlain on
    That was him in a coma after having a ECT induced seizure and gettin' a little brain damage. Amber had died since he lost consciousness, and the Amber he meets on the bus acknowledges it. He asks her if he's dead, then decides to get off the bus and wakes up IRL.

Buuut, she was going to die whatever happened, and House knew that, so everything that's said there can be explained by House knowing everything, not some supernatural element. But IMO, that's as close to experiencing an afterlife as anyone can get, right? :P

I wouldn't want some clear cut floating off to heaven type thing, but they have at least alluded to it before with that bus scene.

Oh brilliant
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    House Boss Drops Ominous Finale Scoop

No real spoilers other than casting and this line (nothing definite just a general ending tone):
    ""It's definitely an ending," Shore says about the series finale. "I don't want to say more than that. We never do happy endings. But we also try not to simply do miserable endings. Bittersweet is the most you can hope for us.""

And apparently Jesse Spencer is the lead in the Chicago Fire pilot. So much for the Chase spin off.

Invisible on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    House Boss Drops Ominous Finale Scoop

No real spoilers other than casting and this line (nothing definite just a general ending tone):
    ""It's definitely an ending," Shore says about the series finale. "I don't want to say more than that. We never do happy endings. But we also try not to simply do miserable endings. Bittersweet is the most you can hope for us.""

And apparently Jesse Spencer is the lead in the Chicago Fire pilot. So much for the Chase spin off.

Lots of things are "definitely an ending". It's usually what I say after an atrocious ending just happened, but I don't want to acknowledge it yet.

Also it looks like the final episode is 2 hours.

My DVR was listing it as two episodes, but now it's combined into one two-hour long episode. Still lists both titles.
    Swan Song; Everybody Dies

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So wait; what? The final two episodes of house are airing tonight?

That doesn't make sense, it's Thursday.

EDIT: Hurr, nevermind. I totally read that as "final episode is in two hours".

So the last two episodes, which should air next week, are the finale?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited May 2012
    Two weeks. The finale airs on May 21.

Next episode is May 14
    Holding On.

Finale is May 21
    Swan Song and Everybody Dies

Invisible on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    ah, ok. Coolcoolcool. It would be nice for it to be done before Diablo 3 comes out, but hey, can't win em all. And Community has 3 episodes the thursday after D3 comes out so I'm gonna have to sacrifice some D3 time anyway. :P

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I find it interesting that
    Kutner

is coming back for the final episode.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Calling it now.

They're going with the "Thelma and Louise" ending.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Did I miss something with the whole clogged sink thing? I saw a glimpse of it earlier, but I put it out of my mind because it seemed so completely irrelevant. And then suddenly, it's this big thing? How the fuck did a clogged sink get to the point of collapsing a floor? Why the fuck would House dispose of those... I think they were medicine labels?... that way? How the fuck did his fingerprints stay on them after they'd been in the wash for like three days? I am so completely baffled.
    Also yeah. With the whole, here's all the people who are alive because of you, life is pain, offering to off 13, Kutner's suicide, wife leaving him, sometimes you can't help people stuff, sure wouldn't be surprised if House offed himself.

Swan Song may not actually be an episode. Some places are listing it as an actual case that causes House to reevaluate his past and other seem to indicate it's just the group (directors, producers, actors, etc.) getting together and discussing where the show has been. But because it's been listed as an episode (episode 22 to be exact), all of those surprise casting twists might just be for that.

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The fucking police do not fingerprint trash found clogging up a toilet. If they did they wouldn't' get the results back for a decade as the lab pushed them to the back of the pile repeatedly.

ElJeffe on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Also....that hospital has criminally terrible plumbing.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    maybe they saw the fingerprint after they put it in their magical computer and enhanced the image a bunch

or whatever

ElJeffe on
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    maybe they saw the fingerprint after they put it in their magical computer and enhanced the image a bunch

or whatever
    It just seems that if THIS is going to be their big ending kapow!, it probably shouldn't pivot on something this ridiculous. Even beyond the realism of it, in terms of dramatic effect, it's ridiculous. How many times has House broken the law or come close to breaking the law - like nearly murdering this week's patient - and now we're ending on a fucking clogged drain? Unless this is some sort of story about hubris and but for the want of a nail, this is terrible. I think I'd legitimately consider it better writing if, instead of continuing with this as a serious plot thread, next week's episode starts with Foreman revealing that the lawyer's just an actor he hired and House is on Candid Camera.

ElJeffe on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Maybe it's just
    one last giant act of manipulation by House to get Wilson to do chemo?

I hope so, or else it's terrible writing

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The hospital's plumbing is for shit, yes. But House did admit to Foreman that the prank was his at the beginning of the episode, so they could have simply not mentioned the fingerprints bullshit and still had an admission from the criminal in this case. The fingerprint line was stupid.

What is important is that House has less than a week to wrap up a lifetime of friendship with Wilson... or he and Wilson can sell everything and flee the country to enjoy the final months of Wilson's life on that beach he ended last season on.

I would totally vote on the latter in this case, but it may not be dramatic enough for their tastes.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Calling it now.

They're going with the "Thelma and Louise" ending.

Like off Reichenbach Falls Niagra Falls?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    I don't like this.
    Sending House back to prison is a cheap way to pull at heart strings, especially right after House and Wilson kissed and made up. They better Thelma and Louise it.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    hippofant wrote: »
    It just seems that if THIS is going to be their big ending kapow!, it probably shouldn't pivot on something this ridiculous. Even beyond the realism of it, in terms of dramatic effect, it's ridiculous. How many times has House broken the law or come close to breaking the law - like nearly murdering this week's patient - and now we're ending on a fucking clogged drain? Unless this is some sort of story about hubris and but for the want of a nail, this is terrible. I think I'd legitimately consider it better writing if, instead of continuing with this as a serious plot thread, next week's episode starts with Foreman revealing that the lawyer's just an actor he hired and House is on Candid Camera.

This.

That was terrible.

(Also, watch spoilers, guys.)

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    sticks with the five minutes til the end big reveal. nice. not sure if i liked it or not.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I think it worked.

It was shame they couldn't get the actress who played Cuddy back for it, but it was a perfectly acceptable endcap to the show.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    I took it as another homage to Sherlock Holmes, so I enjoyed it.

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    Hahahaha, the people on that show are massive trolls
    (Massive spoilers)
    Fans: "No happy endings." "House is gonna kill himself." "Wilson is gonna kill himself." "House is gonna mercy kill Wilson then himself." "Taub is gonna kill EVERYONE!"
    Staff: "Hmmm... Heh. Hey guys, let's give House a happy/bittersweet ending, it'll drive fans crazy." "Oh, let's do a fake out death!" "Genius!"

Gigazombie Cybermage on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I haven't really dug the show since early season 5 or so, but I tuned in tonight out of respect.

HUGE, INCREDIBLE SPOILERS:
    I thought that was pretty bad, though. The whole idea of other people reflecting his personality back at him made for really dry acting.

And then, I mean, that was pretty much the second clearest death possible on network tv besides being shot bloodlessly a million billion times. He very clearly exploded. Twice.

HadjiQuest on
    syndalis wrote: »
    I think it worked.

It was shame they couldn't get the actress who played Cuddy back for it, but it was a perfectly acceptable endcap to the show.

I wonder if she was just a total pain to work or something. They brought back pretty much every single other person that had ever been involved in the cast. It's not like it had to bring closure, just a 5 second cameo acknowledging she's there.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Lisa Edelestein has some bad blood with the execs over her termination.

"Nobody cares about the medicine"

Ahahaha.
    I'm glad Kutner came back first, rather than ol' familiar ghost Amber. Your suicidal friend. DUN DUN.

This was a good ending.

Oh brilliant
    edited May 2012
    Most of that was not good.

Questions and spoilers:
    Why was the building on fire?
    Did House kill that other guy as part of the plan because he knew no one would miss him?
    How had hallucination Kutner managed to gain so much weight?
    How could House possibly resist attending his own funeral?

Also, it should not have been Cameron who told House to give up and die, it should have been Cuddy.

Was it just me, or in the last scene where Chase had taken over House's department was Taub not there?

chamberlain on
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I think I enjoyed the retrospective more than the finale, but it was serviceable enough. I'm glad it wasn't a weepy melodramatic examination of death and dying, but it also felt a little glib without being funny enough to make that ok. Eh, I'm picking nits really. I enjoyed the show as a show, and I'm sorry yet another solid scripted program is leaving the airwaves. I don't know if it was national, but they basically overcut the final seconds of them riding into the sunset with this horrific pounding bass infused So You Think You Can Dance promo, and it was just...appropriately apocalyptic for television.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    I didn't see that promo, so it wasn't everywhere.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I saw (well, was assaulted by) the promo, but it was definitely after the show had ended. Still trying to figure out how I feel about the ending. Good, I guess? There was some harebrained shit going on in there, but that's basically the last few seasons so I don't think I can realistically judge it too harshly for that.

It was a good send off. Considering how much science and medicine they play magic with, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief on the other things if it ends with a decent payoff. It did, so I'll ignore the nonsensical parts and just enjoy it.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2012
    The "twist" part of the ending didn't bother me because it seemed so obvious to me that I was waiting for it. When the explosion hit, I was thinking less "oh wow, he's so totally dead!" than "they shouldn't have shown his face right before the explosion, because now it will seem less believable that he survived." Also, why was the building on fire? I got up for a second and assumed I must have missed the explanation, but apparently I wasn't the only one?

Whatever, it was a good enough ending. I was not blown away (ha!) but I was satisfied.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Fire
    I assume that it was from the druggie falling asleep with a lit cigarette like House mentioned when he came into the clinic. Maybe there was a hole in the floor and it fell through to the lower level.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27