As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

awesome idea for pax 2012

ruzzmastaruzzmasta Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
So as im waiting in line for all these games like skyrim or counterstrik oh and borderlands i was thinking wow it would be cool if you pay an extra 50 bucks for a VIP pass that get you in the front of the line or in a line that is much shorter kinda like disney land.

ruzzmasta on

• GaryOakGaryOak Registered User regular
    I like this idea, except I think it should be $10 per line you jump.

The forums for a comic with dickwolf rape, bestiality, and all sorts of brutal violence has the kind of rules you would find in a kindergarten class room.
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    well, that isn't very democratic.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote:
    well, that isn't very democratic.

Democracy is dead. We must embrace the Plutocracy Arcade Expo 2012.

The forums for a comic with dickwolf rape, bestiality, and all sorts of brutal violence has the kind of rules you would find in a kindergarten class room.
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    That'd just piss attendees off tbh. Everyone is on a pretty even level at PAX, which is one of the things that make it kinda neat. VIP passes would just detract from that.

I will say this though, if you want the fast track to avoid that shit, here's what I do:
    TOGSolid's SUPER AWESOME EXPO HALL SECRET:
    Sunday afternoon is the absolute best time ever to go to the hall and check the bigger games out. The lines are drastically shorter. Also, the exhibitors hand out swag like it's fucking candy because they don't want to be stuck with it.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • AGlassOfMilkAGlassOfMilk Registered User regular
    ruzzmasta wrote:
    So as im waiting in line for all these games like skyrim or counterstrik oh and borderlands i was thinking wow it would be cool if you pay an extra 50 bucks for a VIP pass that get you in the front of the line or in a line that is much shorter kinda like disney land.

Horrible idea. With the exception of BYOC, nothing at PAX should be exclusive. Everyone should have to wait...it's only fair.

ruzzmasta wrote:

Horrible idea. With the exception of BYOC, nothing at PAX should be exclusive. Everyone should have to wait...it's only fair.

But think of how much money you could have made off of people who would pay $20 not to wait in the 2 hour line for Old Republic.

Do you not like helping children? What kind of monster are you?

• kylechukylechu Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Too many people would buy the VIP passes, making the VIP passes worthless. Also, this would be hell for booths to set up. You'd have to guarantee with the sale that every single booth with a line will set up space to have TWO lines.

That's not even touching on the whole "pissing off people" part.

kylechu on
  • SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    I know waiting in line isn't the most popular thing, but I tend to view it as a necessary evil.

That said, some of the best times I've had, and conversations, have been with people in long lines.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    ruzzmasta wrote:

That's called an "Omeganaut"

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    ruzzmasta wrote:
    So as I'm waiting in line for all these games like Skyrim or Counterstrike; oh and Borderlands i was thinking wow it would be cool if you pay an extra 50 bucks for a VIP pass that get you in the front of the line or in a line that is much shorter kinda like Disneyland.

I would like to point out something. First, this is a bad idea. Second, this VIP pass you speak of at Disneyland--actually called "Fast Pass"--is also available to ALL guests at Disneyland and any Disney Park for that matter. And! I will also note some of the popular attractions also have equally long lines by using the Fast Pass.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Here's a suggestion on what to do when waiting in line:

Turn around. There's someone behind you. Say hi to them.

Turn around again. There's someone in front of you. Say hi to them, too.

Then open up with something really complex like "hey my name is [your name here]. Let's talk about [video games, ponies, whatfuckingever]."

• teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    Here's a suggestion on what to do when waiting in line:

Turn around. There's someone behind you. Say hi to them.

Turn around again. There's someone in front of you. Say hi to them, too.

Then open up with something really complex like "hey my name is [your name here]. Let's talk about [video games, ponies, whatfuckingever]."

Or zombie dice, or magic cards, or how nice their shoes are, etc. etc. etc. PAX is about the community, so it's not really sticking your neck out to start talking to strangers. They are actually friends you just haven't met yet.

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah, anything really. Those little 30-card magic decks that WotC has been handing out the last couple years are great ways to meet new people and kill some time in a queue room.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    kylechu wrote:
    Too many people would buy the VIP passes, making the VIP passes worthless. Also, this would be hell for booths to set up. You'd have to guarantee with the sale that every single booth with a line will set up space to have TWO lines.

This is EXACTLY why this is an awful suggestion. Just about everyone would buy the "VIP" pass, making it totally worthless and simply increasing the cost of the convention.

• cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    totally off topic but it fits the thread title:
    walking through halo fest inspired the idea that having an iam8bit art show/gallery during pax would be pretty cool.

cedelacruz on
  • jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    I like this idea, but we could do it on a different weekend and call it E3.

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!