As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tab-L Top Gaems, The Thrud! Meldign likes pixies (Don't tell any1)

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I know how to play D&D (sort of), have wanted to play for a while, and the campaign starts with Level 1 characters, so it might be a good intro game.

On the other hand, Solar's game is free...

I may have to think on this.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Also Solar, I'll get you my character sheet soon, just need to buy my gear.

Man, what was that list of "essentials" besides weapon licenses?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, i didn't actually see anything for a weapon license. where woudl i see more on that?

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Played Wrath of Ashardalon at PAX as a pick up ("Wanna play a dwarf fighter? Sure") Held off a dragon singlehandedly, pretty boss.

Otherwise, Tabletop games! Game, games, games...!

I am so alone
    Not really, I run a bi-weekly D&D game and monthly Steampunk LARPS. Help me.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Has anybody played Conquest of Nerath yet? I'm trying to feel out how that game is.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    should I get in on this eclipse phase thing

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Melding wrote:
    Oh yeah, i didn't actually see anything for a weapon license. where would I see more on that?

I generally consider Weapon Licenses to be something that is included in the cost of the weapon

The censure is more for carrying/using it that owning it, though it depends on the place

A "I can carry a military grade firearm" license will probably cost "moderate" to be honest

Though with a hacker on the team I'd be surprised if he couldn't just make you one, hack the database or hi-jack an ingoing data flow and implant the necessary files without much trouble.

Also hello Melding, how are you.

Solar on
  • Options
    Crotchless Gorilla SuitCrotchless Gorilla Suit Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I know how to play D&D (sort of), have wanted to play for a while, and the campaign starts with Level 1 characters, so it might be a good intro game.

On the other hand, Solar's game is free...

I may have to think on this.

If you know how to play (sort of) already, that is all you need. Maptools is a free download and so is Vent. That's all you'll need! You could even get one of us to send you a character sheet or make your character for you if you don't have access to a PHB or character creator.

PLAY WITH US

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    Melding wrote:
    Oh yeah, i didn't actually see anything for a weapon license. where would I see more on that?

I generally consider Weapon Licenses to be something that is included in the cost of the weapon

The censure is more for carrying/using it that owning it, though it depends on the place

A "I can carry a military grade firearm" license will probably cost "moderate" to be honest

Though with a hacker on the team I'd be surprised if he couldn't just make you one, hack the database or hi-jack an ingoing data flow and implant the necessary files without much trouble.

Also hello Melding, how are you.

Ah, alright then, Also should i specify ideas of who the patron and enemy are? Cause i figure Rich dad (or mom) as patron, not sure on enemy, it just sounded cool.

I'm alright, how are you?

Also with Crotchless Gorilla's game if you get enough people i will be more then willing to step out for new players. i'm not sure what my scheduled will look like int he coming days.

• Options
    We are still looking at Friday or Saturday evening, Pacific Time (GMT +8.) If something comes up we can adjust accordingly. That goes for all players, though I would like to get something going this weekend.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    or, hey dnd

never played a proper game of dnd before

maybe I'll try and whip up a character

• Options
    Yeah specify your patron and enemy, just a few lines to explain things should be fine, I can always work them in and expand things later.

I've had a pretty awful few days, but things picked up recently and are now actually quite good!

• Options
    Yeah, i'm just saying, iuf you got like 6 people who want in i will sit out because i would rather new people play then sit there and back seat DM (which isn't likely to happen but you never know)

• Options
    Yeah specify your patron and enemy, just a few lines to explain things should be fine, I can always work them in and expand things later.

I've had a pretty awful few days, but things picked up recently and are now actually quite good!

If you want to talk about it, yo know where to reach me. also i realized i don't have your steam information (assuming you have steam), we should rectify this)

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Melding wrote:

If you want to talk about it, yo know where to reach me. also i realized i don't have your steam information (assuming you have steam), we should rectify this)

I appreciate the offer man, I'm feeling better now but it's always good to know that people are willing to listen. I have a steam account that I haven't used in years and years, not since HL2 came out, I guess it still works? We can buddy up on that.

• Options
    Melding wrote:

I appreciate the offer man, I'm feeling better now but it's always good to know that people are willing to listen. I have a steam account that I haven't used in years and years, not since HL2 came out, I guess it still works? We can buddy up on that.

I also have a wide variety of other things. i'll hit you up with a pm.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote:

stop using my gif!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:

I also have a wide variety of other things. i'll hit you up with a pm.

cool

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    gonna grinch the hell out of this thread

gonna talk only about warhammer

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I will warhammer talk with you.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I will as well

I like me some Warhammer quite a bit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I like warhammer, so okay.

Are high elf Dragon mages worth a damn? because they look fucking cool.

• Options
    I too like Warhams

I will start off with a classic source of debate:

40K is better than fantasy

• Options
    well in my previous post I left out the 40,000 because really who plays fantasy

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wait there's a D&D game about to go? Are there any slots open?

• Options
    gotta strip the paint off all the dudes I painted last year that I recently decided I didn't like (orange and gold seemed like a good idea at the time)
    gotta put the finishing touches on my daemon prince
    gotta buy the comparatively new plastic daemon prince that I wanted so much before my warhammer hiatus and do him up all nurgly
    gotta finish painting my thousand sons
    gotta paint my CSMs a new color scheme (I want something with purple in it)
    gotta do up my bikers all nurgly
    gotta finish up my chaos dreadnought conversion
    gotta get a defiler or three

and that's not even counting the stuff I gotta do to get my imperial guard in order

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    i like fantasy more the scifi as a general rule. largely because scifi tries to pose its self as reasonable and fantays is like "Fuck yeah! wizards riding dinosaurs fighting demons made of rock!" not stone, music.

Where scifi can do that, and when it does i like it, but too often we get shit trying to sound like it's kind of plausible and it just becomes silly. Rare exception where it sounds like it's trying to be reasonable until you realize everything they have is basically magic (Mass effect)

that said 40k is easier to learn i find, and honestly flying tanks with lasers can be a lot cooler then wizards and dragons.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like Fantasy more than 40k

but I really like the Tau a bunch

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    fantasy has two things over 40k

the skaven
    and lizardmen

everything else is forgettable

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    although to give credit where credit is due the skaven are incredible

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    Isoldae wrote:

stop using my gif!

It is my gif.

It is even in my photobucket!

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Lizardmen are pretty fucking boss, this is not debatable.

Also why is the chaos faction the most stagnant in 40k outside of the imperium where begin stagnated is their selling point?

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Man, I wish I could paint minis. I started once, a long time ago, but then I started getting arm and hand cramps, and backaches, and tight shoulders. Mechanically, it's just not something that is good for me.

But I always look at well painted armies and think about how much I would enjoy it if I made something like that.

Then I remember a weekend spent wracked in pain lying on a couch and go 'some things just aren't meant to be'.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Let's rap about Confrontation

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    Man, I wish I could paint minis. I started once, a long time ago, but then I started getting arm and hand cramps, and backaches, and tight shoulders. Mechanically, it's just not something that is good for me.

But I always look at well painted armies and think about how much I would enjoy it if I made something like that.

Then I remember a weekend spent wracked in pain lying on a couch and go 'some things just aren't meant to be'.

same here, also i can't draw a straightline, with rules taped to a page, so i doubt i could paint them worth a damn.

• Options
    tell us what it is and we might.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    And Wargods of Aegytpus/Olympus/Hyperborea

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    my character concept so far is an uplifted parrot who works for an hypercorp sabotaging rival habitats and stations, plus any other job requiring explosives

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Wait there's a D&D game about to go? Are there any slots open?

I think so. I want 5 players, and have 3 signed up and a couple others have expressed interest, I think. Maybe RMED or Shock G. I'll keep your name handy if you want.

This discussion has been closed.